It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Determined To Strike In US With Weapons of WMD This Summer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Read some history that wasn't written by an American for gds sake.

Oh lord...so the thousands upons thousands of dead American and Canadian soliders was all for our own interests?

Again, this is why I can only take this place in small doses and rarely post. Its exhausting debating with people who prefer to revise history for their own purposes.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic

Oh lord...so the thousands upons thousands of dead American and Canadian soliders was all for our own interests?

Actually, again go read some REAL history... Canada declared war on Germany only a day or two after England did. Canada was in it from the get go. It was the Americans that were late to the party.

AncientMariner

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Read some history that wasn't written by an American for gds sake.

Again, this is why I can only take this place in small doses and rarely post. Its exhausting debating with people who prefer to revise history for their own purposes.

Check it out dude WW2 fatalities.

Do we need to revise more history?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You might want to look into V1 and V2 rockets. That's also a part of history.

Not that that would quell the Brits spirit.

I am British born and raised, so yes of course I know about the V1 and V2 rockets, heard many stories from my grand parents thanx.

Germany could not have defeated Britain with rockets alone, and they were very fast running out of fuel to power them anyway because of guess who?
Russia...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think the UK should pull out of Iraq and Afganistan and let those amazing americans do it all them selfs.Sure we dont do a lot in Iraq at the moment but become bullet magnets and IDE finders but at least we stand with you

Jesus,who need enemies when we have blinkered,close minded friends like you!I expect you have learnt world history from your factualy correct hollywood movies!

BOB sealed our fate,and Hitler knew that Goerings promises where full of bs like your words here!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Alright folks, let's keep the personal stabs at bay please.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
First of all, this board is screwy...the logistics of it, I am having some problems cutting and pasting quotes I want to reply to but I will do my best.

What do ww2 fatalities have to do with countering my claim of revisionistic history..when did I claim that the US suffered the most casualties?

Sleeping giant question was a serious one. I didnt know where the author of that statement was going and wanted an answer.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Actually, again go read some REAL history... Canada declared war on Germany only a day or two after England did. Canada was in it from the get go. It was the Americans that were late to the party.

Where did I not include the Canadians contribution to the war? I belive I was the first to even mention their involvement and I get slammed for it?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
SwatMedic, you lumped American and Canadians in your statement about doing it for their own interests. While that may be true for the USA it CERTAINLY was not the reason Canada entered the war. This is why I suggested a remedial history lesson.

AncientMariner

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

What do ww2 fatalities have to do with countering my claim of revisionistic history..

It was your statement dude:

Sleeping giant question was a serious one. I didnt know where the author of that statement was going and wanted an answer.

It wasn't the author, it was me. The sleeping giant I was referring to was Russia. Hitler had a treaty with them for a reason, he KNEW that threat and later got cocky and that threat made itself manifest when he attaked. Look at it this way. Do you think the Allies would have been able to do what they did hadn't a massive German force not been occupied on the Eastern Front?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Jesus,who need enemies when we have blinkered,close minded friends like you!I expect you have learnt world history from your factualy correct hollywood movies!

Please explain to me one instance where my history is inaccurate.

My point was that without American involvement, that Europe and Britan would not have defeated the Germans...that is an opinion, a belief that cannot be proved or disproved at this time since history is already written.

And while there were many factors that lead to the german downfall, the USA entering the fray and pushing from the west was the key to its sucess. .

[edit on 22-7-2007 by SwatMedic]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So where is a "jerk like me" inaccurate?

Dude, I didn't see anyone say that. That's not permitted.

Maybe we should just chill a little here before things get TOO hot.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It wasn't the author, it was me. The sleeping giant I was referring to was Russia. Hitler had a treaty with them for a reason, he KNEW that threat and later got cocky and that threat made itself manifest when he attaked. Look at it this way. Do you think the Allies would have been able to do what they did hadn't a massive German force not been occupied on the Eastern Front?

When I said "author" I meant of that comment, not the thread.

As I just stated in my post above, the russians were a big part of the many facets of the war by occupying the east but defeat of germany without the push from the west? Dont think so.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

SwatMedic, you lumped American and Canadians in your statement about doing it for their own interests. While that may be true for the USA it CERTAINLY was not the reason Canada entered the war. This is why I suggested a remedial history lesson.

Not my intent. My intent was to give credit to canada for their involvement. Alot of people forget about them. Sorry if I confused you.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Canada is not forgotten by those most closely involved and affected by Canadian involvement... just ask the Brits and especially the Dutch. Canada is only forgotten by the Americans. Shame really.

AncientMariner

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Dude, I didn't see anyone say that. That's not permitted.

Correct sir and so edited.

As far as cooling off. A couple heated ones but I for one enjoy the exchange of ideas but if that is what you think should be done, I will comply.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Canada is not forgotten by those most closely involved and affected by Canadian involvement... just ask the Brits and especially the Dutch. Canada is only forgotten by the Americans. Shame really.

Jeez, I give Canada some credit and I still get hosed

Im done for a bit.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If 9-11 wasn't an inside false flag ... then how can you explain the Antrax attack that followed a month later??? which came from a military base in Maryland, the strain it was traced to destroyed in the same month it was discovered that it was our own anthrax, the first person to die was responsible for posting drunk pictures of bush's daughters, and the anthrax was only sent to senators against the patriot act....oh and NO ARRESTS have been made, even though they say they it was some nutjob who worked for the military on weaponized anthrax.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Neocons prefer a coup d'etat to an election!

I DO beleive that this is a LIKELY SCENARIO

May I ask what you're basing this on?
Wishful thinking?

Swat

Jeez, I give Canada some credit and I still get hosed

This board is like that sometimes. When someone disagrees with you on something they will continue to disagree with you on everything no matter what you say (even if you're agreeing with them, lol).
An American is the only one to bring up Canada
An American honors them for their service
But....Americans are the ones that forget about Canada? How did he come to this conclusion? Especially since it's a load of BS.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I do not think the source is credible. I know that guys like rense and alex jones carry a lot of weight in the conspiracy theorist field. The problem with rense is that it is pretty much a post everything site. There doesn't seem to be a need for a lot of evidence to get a message posted. Most of it seems to be personal opinions presented as fact and made up subjects based on a lot of "what if" scenarios. The article was written by Webster G. Tarpley who has a website, www.tarpley.net... One thing that I have noticed is that most of these guys preaching doom and disaster seem to have an endless amount of products to purchase - books, CDs, DVD, downloadable files. There is no end to the money that can be made by telling groups what they want to hear. Don't get my wrong, I love capitalism but I am very leery of the message when the messenger is trying to sell me everything including the kitchen sink in the same breath.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by zerotime]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join