It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else preparing for 2012?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes. i was gifted with 11 acres of land in southern Missouri / Northern Arkansas. Outside the New Madrid . I move there some time this week god willing. And as I see it , I have 3 years To build and fortify my basement, Build up a good crop both outdoor and indoor, and establish myself as a local with in the townies...

3 short years...then the ash storm comes.

Every volcano in the world erupting at the same time because the ebb and flow of the magma currents will go nutty when the poles flip. ... A cloud so vast it blocks the sun... It has happened before and it will happen again way too soon for my tastes but hey at least these are interesting times.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
As with any disaster you need to be prepareed for the unknown...stock up on ALL the supplies you need for your family caause in reality anything can happen...nobody knows what disaster may fall upon us but be sure that something will happen to you at some point in your life be it a lost job or a astroid hitting the planit...who knows....get you gear together just in case...as they say "its better to have it and not need it rather than not have it and wish you did" you also need to plan rather you are gonna stay or leave depends on the severaty of the situation...have atleast 3-6 months worth of food and water and all meds you will require till things get better...you wont need the news or radio to figure it out just watch what behaviour others around you have and listen to what they talk bout...the likly hood of government to tell you everything is very small this ia not the movies for example "deep impact" get real...best wishes to al and good luck in these hard times its already started....read the writing on the wall.........

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Paranoidkid

As we all know Earth will be 4th density herself so as all the people. Why are we all so afraid and worried? We should all celebrate for this is the beginning of a new age. The age when nobody can no longer manipulate, lie, and take advantage of others. The preparation should start with you! Find peace in yourself and take away all the fear and be as helpful as possible then you will be saved. Meditate and understand nature. The physical world that you know is always has been an illusion. We are powerful indeed. Meditate and travel and become one with the oness! Peace be with you all!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Let's keep in mind the Mayan calender has never error ed in it's existence. The Mayan culture represents ancient knowledge and technology, like so many other civilizations before it. You would have to be spiritually dead not to already notice the cosmic shift and Seth spoke of thought-forms back in the 70's.
The government is aware of all of this and keeps us sedated with High-Definition T.V. Believe what you want, but if it is true, a lot of folks are sure 3d bound! Thanks to the dumbing down of the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I've read this thread from beginning to end and I have to say (as the newbie) that most of you at least seem to have a level head on your shoulders. I for one, am not sure what to say about all the doom and gloom that's out there on the internet. I have spent 10 days online looking at all the "evidence" and what little there seems to be, is many times duplicated and re-transmitted images of a new dark spot in the heavens coming at us. Now is this a sub-solar system centered by a brown dwarf star otherwise referred to as Wormwood? Was the collision of a celestial body into Jupiter but a first sign of what's to come? Or are the "Missing Orion Block" part of a dark plot to hide the real danger from us? How about this one, world leaders/industrial tycoons and royal families meeting in secret since the x-ray and infrared discovery of a low heat star with 4 to 10 moons (planets) surrounding it in late 80's, all in a complete media black out. Countries around the world are publicly announcing "Doomsday Vaults" for the "Just in case", massive underground bunkers being built, stocked and prepared for... something. The "something" is being lied about, or is it not? Is the massive ever accumulating library of videos accumulating because people are trying to just cause a "stir". Are the terabytes of text being produced because people are just wondering what the fuss is about? People are still animals, have you ever heard of animals running before the quake? How about dogs hiding and howling before the first bolt of lightning or crack of thunder. It's our instinctiveness to protect ourselves and our loved ones. If there's the slightest chance that even a fraction of this could come to pass, I ... will... be... prepared, as much as possible. To that end, I began compiling a pamphlet of what I will need, what I expect, how it will run, how it will be maintained and repaired or replaced. The calculations for what I will need for a minimum of 2 years, from air and CO2 scrubbing to raising fish, all form within the confines of my own closed environment "Facility".
Partial list of the TOC:
SELF-SUSTAINING LIVING
• WATER
• FOOD
• AIR
• POWER
• WASTE MANAGEMENT
• HEATING / COOLING
• COMMUNICATIONS
• MEDICINE
• COOKING / REFRIGERATION
• HYGIENE
• CLOTHING
• SECURITY
• STORAGE FACILITIES
• LIVING FACILITY
• GARDENING
• DOCUMENTS
• SENSORS / GAUGES
• PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
• RECREATION / ENTERTAINMENT
• MORALE
• SCHEDULES – GROWING, MAINTENANCE, INSPECTIONS
COMMUNITY LIVING

• COMMUNI...... You get the point. At any rate, I'm putting all of that research and my existing knowledge and home library, to use.
If anyone else believes that there's no harm in being prepared, let me know. When I finish, I'll send you a copy. I'm putting it together myself because I've looked everywhere and there's no single source (that I've found yet) that gives you what you will need, what you might need and how to run it, fix it, grow it or prepare it.
"... better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kadipa

I would love to get a copy whenever you can!!

Anyone else thought about going boat-bound (like the ark) for the phenomenon upon us?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Charles Darwin "Survival of the fittest" .....those that can adapt best to change.

Could you live without Chanel, Dior, Prada, Nike?
Could you live without your mobile, laptop, flat screen tv or playstation console. Batteries only last so long (Communications)
Could you kill a sweet innocent animal in order to feed yourself?( Food)
What season will it be 21/12/12 - for me 30-46 degree celcius summer heat, drought and extreme bushfires....would you survive?
Can you survive with no petrol? (Pumps at service stations run on electricity, unless there is a manual way to pump feul, good luck to that.)
What will you defend yourself with......bullets only last so long?
Remember to be vigilant on the street.....junkies will be going mad so best to either stay hidden until they come down or wait until they all kill each other
If water didn't come from a tap anymore, are you smart enough to find more and be able to make sure it was safe to drink.?
Do you know the secrets to making fire?

Oh this is only necessary info needed after the 24hrs of deluge and your not already dead from the flood, volcano, meteor, earthquake, fire, twister, sinkhole, avalanche, murder, extreme heat / cold or accident etc.
Exciting times - Happy 2010 ppl.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
People may expect to prepare for like the above poster "doom and gloom", but the significant changes may not always be significant...and that's the significance. Let me explain. Lets just say that Obama would fit the bill of the "end times antichrist"....if he plans on controlling everyone, it obviously isn't going to be with doom and gloom, it's going to be with policy. Legislation. Secret meetings (bilderburg, etc.). The health care bill as a prime example - it may, depending on some interpretations, give the government the legal right to implant things into us, specifically RFID chips for "health-related" reasons (as to contain a patient history, allergies, registration information, etc.) - and you can see how that would be spun in the MSM as "Innovative and complex new system requiring embeddable responder" or something to the effect of confusing whoever reads it so they don't understand the implications...so the barbaric nature of it isn't exposed...then when it is complete, they have an eye on every single one of us who take the chip. How did it get to that point? Silent legislation.

it's not announced, or the average joe doesn't have the easy ability to challenge what is passed as law. these exact changes come continuously, there is no end until they have complete control with the "IDEA" of freedom. you may be able to do certain things, but everything is regulated and controlled under the guise of "protection" - and sadly, the majority of society will buy into it because our government has brainwashed them so far beyond our control that it's useless to even try to fight it...because you will be shot down, or put in jail, or killed with the label "terrorist"

we are all in for something, i don't know exactly but close family and close friends i tell them to pay off any outstanding debts ASAP..even if it takes months, allocate more money to pay off the debts. At the same time stock up for a minimum of 72hrs (IE, supplies to last 3 days - water, food, heat, etc) if not 6 months to a year. When i get extra income (this summer hopefully...such a long time away though) i plan on putting 2-3 grand into preparedness for my family...and if 5, 10 years go by without a hitch...we can still eat the food and keep everything else for safekeeping.

it's scary. i'm a grown man, i've had a gun to my head laid out in the hospital 6 days, on the peak of brain surgery but i managed to get through it (brain tissue healed) alive...and this scares me more. society, the debt we are in, the end...is coming...and its obvious. the end to life AS WE KNOW IT...nobody is saying what exactly, whether it be religious or financial, or personal or governmental...we just don't know. prepare, and wait.

i have a feeling when the impending doom comes, if it does in that shape, a lot of threads will be popping up or other sites started for the gathering of fellow followers of the movement...to possibly relocate to a certain area thats off the grid but fully sustainable...and just start building the same stuff to start a life....and if interrupted by the govt., live free or die. i'm just sitting back, smoking some of the finest and waiting. tell my family i love them every day, spend as much time with them as possible, and wait. enjoy life while you can.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by SRHAZE420]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
How will i be preparing for 2012?

Well, let me see;

Ill be wrapping presents because it's only a few days before Christmas. Ill be getting food ready as well as buying some alcohol for the guests that enjoy that kind of thing.

Ill make sure my Wife has something nice to look forward to in the way of presents and the event itself.

Ill be washing the Dog and making sure that he has a nice big bone to burry the day after Christmas.

Then, after all the fun is over - ill come on to this website and see what predictions for the end of the world will come next.

Then ill take pleasure in quizzing the doomsayers, post "Event" - and ill enjoy asking them how their claims were any different to the other doomsday events that have come and gone without a hitch or occurrence.

That's about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The only people actually pre-paring for this non-event are lunatics.

Nothing will happen and those of you that can't tell reality for illusion will be left with hundreds of cans of beans...and no family to eat them.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
beside people. why you all is worried about end of the world for. why can't we just enjoy it while we are still here and get to see a new year whe it get here.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

no, thats just plain rude...making a judgement call agreed upon by hundreds if not thousands if not millions of people is not being a lunatic.

secondly, even IF we are wrong, we don't do anything to impede on current life, so if SHTF, we are prepared, if not, oh well we have extra supplies no worries. wouldnt you RATHER be prepared than unprepared? god forbid if we are right, because if we are, you are a goner

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SRHAZE420
reply to post by seethelight

no, thats just plain rude...making a judgement call agreed upon by hundreds if not thousands if not millions of people is not being a lunatic.

secondly, even IF we are wrong, we don't do anything to impede on current life, so if SHTF, we are prepared, if not, oh well we have extra supplies no worries. wouldnt you RATHER be prepared than unprepared? god forbid if we are right, because if we are, you are a goner

Not that i believe any of the predictions will occur, history has proven all doomsday theories to be rubbish ... ANYWAY ...

Let's just go along with the hypothetical that ANY of the events that have been rambled on about actually occur.

You have nothing that will protect you from any of it.

How incredibly naive to believe that stocking up on anything, or building a lame shallow bunker in your backyard, will save you from "lava" or "tsunamis" or "asteroids" or "nuclear war" or "biological war" or "aliens invading" or "polarity shifts" or "mega-earthquakes" or "solar flares" etc etc etc

It's deluded to even think a single human would survive this event.

If we're gonna go, were gonna go. There is NOTHING you CAN DO to STOP IT

So chill. :-)

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

Who said it would be natural disasters we are preparing for?

You OBVIOUSLY cannot prepare for that aside from boarding up your house and praying.

I'm talking about an economic war for either money, food, supplies...etc. It's the best we can do...and yes, that is SOMETHING we can do (buy supplies) yes we are not in control of most of it, but again if SHTF we will be somewhat prepared and not scrambling like everyone else.

Now if there is a solar flare or something like that obviously whatever happens happens..

Being prepared isn't being crazy. If this was 1 thing and we were making all these conclusions because of it yes understandable you might be mentally unstable...but i could sit here and list all of the things that are "adding up" without even TOUCHING on conspiracy theories, that has never occured in our past before. WW1, WW2...all major events but had nothing like now a days.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If I really knew for sure that we were all going to die on December 21st, 2012, I'd spend all my savings on traveling and getting drunk. It's not as if I'd die of alcoholism. I'd eat eat eat, drink drink drink, see every corner of the world I've always wanted to see, and if I run out of money I'll just rob banks, as they wouldn't catch me before I die anyway.

Then I'd find out the apocalypse never happened, and I'd be f*cked! hahaha
Although then I'd probably die from alcoholism before being indicted!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
posted on 6/4/10 at 18:38

I am a firm believer in God, and I believe in aliens. Some might say that I'm a walking contradiction. But why is that? The bible didn't explain anything, if we want to get technical the bible is a handbook on how the human race should live their lives. It doesn't give us any real explanation on Gods doings on other planets. Quite frankly I think its arrogant to think that we are Gods only creations. I mean, if its up to us only, if we are the only form of life in the entire universe...then I personally feel sorry for God. Because we are in a downward facing spiral of self destruction. First, we kill our own planet. The only place that we know of that can sustain human life. Most deny any evidence of intelligent life on other planets, even though there has been over 11 MILLION reported sitings. 2012 is approaching, and I am very afraid of how I am going to be able to survive and protect my very young son. First things first right, I need to know basic survival skills. Check. Between the military and Survivor man, I feel confident. And believe me I am planning several camping trips to better my skills. Second, hand to hand combat. Trained in the military and a wrestler through out highschool, I continue to improve my skills. Third, weapons. I have a nice knife collection, half of which are illegal...but that's because of how lethal they are, perfect. And then guns. I need to better my skills in hand guns, but rifles I have down. Now I just need to personally own some. That is at the top of my "To Do" list. Can't shoot anything if I don't have anything to shoot. And getting a survival kit together. Still haven't done that but I'm still gathering information on exactly how I should prepare. Not to mention that I would like to have a 4by 4 by then. There is so much planning I still have yet to figure out, and equipment I still have yet to get. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Because believe me, when the "you know what" hits the fan, I want to have a game plan in motion. I don't trust things beyond this world, if that's how its going to end. And even if there's nothing I can do, and were all gonna die, then I know that I did everything in my power to protect me and my family

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Paranoidkid

posted on 6/4/10 at 18:38

I am a firm believer in God, and I believe in aliens. Some might say that I'm a walking contradiction. But why is that? The bible didn't explain anything, if we want to get technical the bible is a handbook on how the human race should live their lives. It doesn't give us any real explanation on Gods doings on other planets. Quite frankly I think its arrogant to think that we are Gods only creations. I mean, if its up to us only, if we are the only form of life in the entire universe...then I personally feel sorry for God. Because we are in a downward facing spiral of self destruction. First, we kill our own planet. The only place that we know of that can sustain human life. Most deny any evidence of intelligent life on other planets, even though there has been over 11 MILLION reported sitings. 2012 is approaching, and I am very afraid of how I am going to be able to survive and protect my very young son. First things first right, I need to know basic survival skills. Check. Between the military and Survivor man, I feel confident. And believe me I am planning several camping trips to better my skills. Second, hand to hand combat. Trained in the military and a wrestler through out highschool, I continue to improve my skills. Third, weapons. I have a nice knife collection, half of which are illegal...but that's because of how lethal they are, perfect. And then guns. I need to better my skills in hand guns, but rifles I have down. Now I just need to personally own some. That is at the top of my "To Do" list. Can't shoot anything if I don't have anything to shoot. And getting a survival kit together. Still haven't done that but I'm still gathering information on exactly how I should prepare. Not to mention that I would like to have a 4by 4 by then. There is so much planning I still have yet to figure out, and equipment I still have yet to get. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Because believe me, when the "you know what" hits the fan, I want to have a game plan in motion. I don't trust things beyond this world, if that's how its going to end. And even if there's nothing I can do, and were all gonna die, then I know that I did everything in my power to protect me and my family

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just a little general preparedness going on here. If it's natural disaster, war, or 2012 I'm meeting it in the ready.

What will I be doing that day????? Probably something similar to what I was doing last Dec 21st and the one before that (unless we get an escalating lead up to SHTF on 12-21-12.)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SRHAZE420

...and I would like to add that for many of us preparedness is something of a hobby. So go fly radio control plains if you like. We like to garden, and store food, and shoot guns, and stuff. Nothing wrong with that

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If aliens are coming here in 2012 then we are not going to be prepared, if for peace or war things wont go good. Being prepared for 2012 cataclysms? well Who knows what will happen, its good to have general survival knowlege but honestly, if something is going to wipe out humanity on a huge scale then you really aernt gonna worry about what you know now, but what or where you can go when @#@# hits the fan.. if your near the coast and an asteroid hits water, you are screwed, location is a bigger factor than what you are prepared for... big city, hostile aliens.. boom you are toast...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join