It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else preparing for 2012?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In 1999 I was 9 or 10, so I wasn't buying ammo. But I would certainly avoid ammo made in 1999 as many companies skimped on quality to deliver the huge demand.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by angrysniper]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Listen people, nothing is going to happen on December 21, 2012. The worst that could happen is a Pole shift which would switch North and South polarity of the earth. So if you really are scared of some diasters, I suggest you get away from any fault lines and stay away from shore lines. Learn how to survive in the wilderness and print out tons of papers about how to live off nature and create mechanical devices that were created thousands of years ago.

But really, nothing is going to happen. The black hole in the center of our galaxy isn't going to affect the earth. ALL the other 2012 scares are just hoaxs. So if you want to scare yourself, then atleast believe the Mayans over the alien or planet x crap. The Mayan people were the Masters of Time.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ALL OF YOU nead to research anything u can get ur hands on by Richard C. Hoagland, John Lear, and others such as jim sparks and Riley Martin

and most importantly - BORISKA the russian child, search them on youtube and google and get a well-rounded view of whats coming.

a flood is more than likely going to be the most catastrophic event which may very well start somewhere in Moscow (mind you Russia is 200 feet over sea level)

Get outside oppinions and cross-reference as much as possible. I need answers from people about what preperations can be done, we're all in this together here.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Paranoidkid

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes, i have bought myself a large supply of lavender candles and hope that these will relax me so much that i will simply bypass the whole event in a cocoon of well being and calmness, after which i will be eating all the microwave pizza's i have also stocked up on.....after i have went out and bought a microwave...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
don't know where to start the underground shelter myself... I wish their are more organized groups who can lead the way. And if I organized myself, I might end up like a cult leader of some sort. In the end I felt like going to a zen temple to live out my days there until the time comes, at least the experience of living on the edge is there... all these pressure of knowing and yet not knowing what to do just builds up that I can almost taste daily that breakthrough, I can feel its breathing "just in the other side of the wall"- its that near. And yeah I am so alone in this, in fact I looked all over the web and it seems I am alone thinking these thoughts in whole of the PI! Isn't that crazy?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I never read the whole thread, so I don't know if anybody mentioned it but, there is a great film about the Dec 21 2012 phenomena called Esoteric Agenda. Very compelling stuff. According to the vid- you can not preparefor this by joining the Army.

video.google.ca...#

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No your not crazy...and ur not the only one feeling this way...people are not seeing what is going on in the world around them and they need to start researching and getting the facts about what is really going to happen and its not just all of a sudden going to hit on 12-21-12 its already starting!! its been going on for years....the worst will just be around that time! i have been trying to find a community also that is preparing for what is going to happen in a couple of years but its impossible to find anyone who is preparing for the same things as i am. So much # is gonna go down and no one nows the truth! research it! please thats all im asking anyone is to just research it on youtube and google just look around and see whats happening in YOUR world that u just happen to know everything about...and if their is anyone out their that is making a community in australia let me kno...cuz thats were im heading this summer to prepare....dont call me crazy before you reseach

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well if the north and south magnetic poles do a 180 turnabout, you can bet there will be major problems occuring. It wont be a "good hair day" for anyone anywhere, underground or above ground.

The last place I would want to be is tucked into some underground shelter for that will be crushed like an egg when earthquakes hit, tectonic plates shift, and deep gashes open up in the ground sucking up you and your tiny shelter. Who knows, you may end up in a water line and drown, or in a lava pool and burn into a crisp in a nanosecond.

Best thing to do..if anything happens..is hang on and enjoy the ride.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I think what's happening here is that a lot of people think that it will be 1 single event that will, for lack of a better term "destroy us" which is why the dooms dayer people always fall at fault when it doesn't happen and become ridiculed because of it...an example of this was Y2K.Through the research my spouse and i have been doing on this matter now for awhile, believe it to be the colmination of events that have been succeeding us and those to come. For ex...the talk of the dwarf star known as "Nibiru" which supposedly belongs to our solar system and it's eliptical orbit which seems to cross our solar systems path...known to other scientists as "The Crossing", which happens through calculation every 3600 years. and others:

-Global warming
-Enviromental events like earth quakes, tornadoes,etc,etc being given new names now like supernadoes and superquakes.
-"Rusted Paint "theroys..which is better described as small seismic activity loosening bolts or through time twisting steel on all infrastructure we know of today. Which scientist are now calling an "increase" in vibrational frequency in the world.
-Global Economic state known to economist as the worst hit since the depression of early 1900.(and we haven't hit depression status yet)
-The Mayan, I Ching, Buddism, Christian religieons of the world who's "end of days" calender all reflect on the same date.
-And many more....to much to list for the 4000 characters i'm alotted to write today.

Do we know for sure that the world will end? Is there real proof where we would all feel more comfortable hearing it from our government.NO...
Besides would they the government really go out of there way to WARN us?..why?...keep the calm...keep us paying our taxes, running our everyday affairs...is better that global panic. I currently work for the Largest Metal Industry in the world as a manager of our refinery plant...nice cushy job, Excellent pay, great benefits..and i'm moving my family to the farm and start construction on my NEW HOME, (read between the lines all you want)

I hope the "CHANGE" we will be going through will be with out the destructive powers on it's way...but what i do know for sure and all of you know as well...Change comes with pain and suffering untill change reveals it self.

Prepare for the worst, and hope it never comes...but if it does...I and my family extend our warmest thoughts to all of you in these peril times.

LUCK IN BATTLE BROTHERS...to our death...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Rather than the military, how about Fire/Rescue? We actually train for disaster perparedness. And don't spend a lot of time worrying about what you can't change. Think about wht you can do in your own hometown to help others overcome thier own fear and dispare. Help others; that's how you can save mankind.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alundaio

Really? That's supposed to make people feel better? I thought God was the master of time, not a single civilization that disappered. Your "Masters fo Time" skipped town - what were they affraid of?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am going to party like it's 1999 until then. Just in case, I want to make sure I do everything I ever wanted to do before I go.

If I am still around in 2013, then I am going to party more because we just barely missed total and utter destruction of the universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have a good shotgun and a 22 rifle but sold my handguns a few years ago to raise some cash. But we have water collected outside and some horses for when the cars dont work (emp or lack of gas). Not hoarding food tho but we have a decent pantry. The most important thing is to be mentally prepared and not panic if and when the SHTF.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OK If its the end of the world why are we preparing???what are we preparing for??

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Even if you don't believe anything will happen come 2012, you should still have emergency supplies. Not set up for that year, but just set up in general because of any possible emergency you might face. No matter where you live, there is the possibility of some sort of natural disaster- hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, forest fires, flooding, etc- coming through and leaving you for dead if you're not prepared. You should have emergency supplies not only in your home, but also in all of your vehicles, just in case. Canned food (and a manual can opener) and food in jars, bottled water, a first aid kit, any medication needed, food and water for pets, spare clothing and shoes, blankets (or sleeping bags), matches and candles, flashlights, a battery-operated radio and spare batteries, and the like should be stored somewhere in your house, and you should at least keep a blanket, gloves and a hat, a jar of peanut butter, some granola bars, a few bottles of water, and a flashlight in each of your vehicles. It's not crazy to be prepared in case something happens; it's smart.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Guys, its going to be an astronomical change....if it goes as predicted, we are in for bad times. the government already knows about this event...its no SECRET!! Just prepare your selves for major changes in weather, polarity and even atmospheric anomolies. Our lives will truly change. If you look at the date given by 21 DEC 2012, you see nothing but 0-1-2. The basics of math or Fibonacci theory/Golden Theory, this is life predicting itself through basic numbers. So yes! Prepare for whatever you need to prepare for. I am in the military, so whoever posted a message about dumb military guys or choices...your an ass! Just for you, Electromagnetics changes on earth will be so bad, you will never be able to use your Computer to jerk off to your boyfriend.....so enjoy it! (Staff sorry for that). Guys, this is the changes the world has NOT been waiting for. If you are religious...pray and if you dont believe God save you...cause the devil will love your soul. Although you may not think everything is connected, Evil and Good do exist, only our minds can only phathom what we can understand. OH and another FYI...people dont understand how much feces is amassed even after 1 week (so imagine 5 years), bomb/fallout shelters are not built for that. The movies dont tell you about that. Unless you are worth a few MIL/BIL and can afford to make some serious shelters. Hope is not lossed, we are just in a time where things come to and end and new life begins. Smile, your not the smartest species in the Universe!! GO PLAY Wii!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I guess it's a bit like betting on the horses. But with this bet if you get it wrong, you stand to loose a lot more than just your money.

And normally when I'm placing a big bet I like to follow the serious money, as they normally know something I don't.

In this particular situation Bush's alleged decision to buy 100,000 acres of land in Paraguay might just be an indication of what the big money thinks! As I seem to recall Brent Miller stating in his "Catastrophic Earth Changes" interview on youtube that South America is considered to be one of the safest places to be in the event of a Pole shift.

I guess only time will tell ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join