It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else preparing for 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
preparing? preparing for what? tell me how i can prepare when i have no idea whats going to happen.

should i build a bomb shelter?

should i start stocking up water? ammunition? guns?

theres really nothing to be prepared for seeing you dont even know whats gonna go down.

I took the course and got a CCW so I can carry a gun legally and if the time comes I'll be able to protect my family. In the mean time I can have protection on me in case of a mugging of carjacking. Supplies will be short if something does happen and I started getting ready long ago. No comment on what I've done. So you do what you see as necessary for you and your family.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Actually Mayans are just one of the people that the revolve around that
date.
You got Egyptians claiming Osiris, the Bull of Egypt, will return from the dead, Christians believe the rapture is coming soon, the Jews believe their
Messiah will come and rid this world of evil and sin, Islam claims
Imam Mahdi will come.
Either all religions are good rip off stories or something really big is about
to happen. I can wait 4-5 years.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Equinox99]

Most religions have some kind of 'return' theme, or 'end of days' theme.

Most Christians in the years after Jesus died were convinced it was all just around the corner, and expected it all to kick off any day.

2000 years later and theyre still waiting.

Lots of religious types over the years predicted dates for the return, all of which passed and left them looking a bit silly. Generally these days people go with 'itll happen soon' and not give a date, as theyve learned a lesson.

Same goes for most other 'predictions'.
Even here ive seen numerous threads about 'aliens making themselves known to mankind on date x', and they all pass.
John Titor's story is getting old enough that his predictions at the time should be starting to show up.

And as for the vague 'im sure something big will happen in 2012' stuff.... im sure something big will happen. Something big happens every year, which can be shown to fit something.

2012 is just another year. I see no reason to think its any different

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well of course I don't really expect anything to change drastically on that day. I do think the world in general is changing and not for the better. Global climate change, the dying off of the honeybees, one of the great lakes is drying up and all the other natural disasters all will add up to something. I just believe in looking ahead and being prepared. There might come a day when food and water is in short supply and there are those out there who will take yours and let you starve so they can eat for another day. So being armed is in my oponion a good idea. I carry a Kahr PM40 everywhere. It's a 40 cal. 6 round semi auto and it's small enough to carry in an ankle holster or a belt slid and cannot be seen or profiled. I have a short barrel Marlin 12 ga. above my bed. They aren't and weren't purchased for a coming disaster. I have always owned guns but at this point in time they are an important tool to have.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
hhmm yes it does seem like a good idea to own a gun with some decent ammo
and yes paranodkid thats what i plan to do but im straggling with what to do the airforce or the marines but still i am oh so very curious of what is coming
im thinking of aliens because who could put all those signs up in place other than humans

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Funny i come across this thread. I actually started a list for an emergency survival kit a week ago. It is not for 2012 though, it's for the potential disastrous times leading up to it. The list is long and has standard survival items. I plan on collecting the items as I come across them.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Would you like to share some of your list. Not the everyday things we'll all think about, I mean the less obvious things some of us may have overlooked. You know everybody will get a gun aand shells but how many will think about a spare firing pin and how to install it?
Just a thought to keep the thread going.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hell no i wont waste my time preparing for something that may or may not happen besides they keep changing the date too much what will you do in 2013 prepare for the next one? nah if the world is going to end then 'll be one of those running around the streets looking to kick someone's ass jijiji.
seriously i could care less i does not matter to me if the world lives or dies since i wont be able to do anything about it anyway in either case.

the thing about EOTW scenarions s that they will never come true the only one you are guaranteed is the sun burning up our plannet and maybe a meteor

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I dont think personally that the world is gonna end or that on that very day something huge will happen. It could take time or we may even be able to see it happening long before the event actually occurs w/e it may be. Id like to be prepared for anything even if it means fighting off invading aliens or fighting off other humans and if nuthing happens well ive still got a solid career in the army which i can still be proud of.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruRising
Would you like to share some of your list.

Lots of water
Medications
MREs
Disposable lighters
Matches
Knives
Cash
Credit cards
Duck tape
Ropes
String
First-aid kits (another list in itself)
Garbage bags
Clothes
Flashlights w/ extra batteries
A pack of flares
Notebook and pen
Whistle
Identification
Gun(s)
Space blanket (2)
Poncho (2)
Field wipes
Radio
Tent
Compass
Atlas
Small blanket
Cell phone
Big tarp
Bug spray
GPS

Thats most of what i got so far

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
Im not saying i think the world is going to end or anything but i am quite certain that something is going to happen..

yup. shambhala. heaven on earth. utopia

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm taking my first steps now. Sometime in the next couple of weeks, I'm leaving South Florida and heading inland. I'm also becoming a minimalist. I got rid of the majority of material things that I don't need. I had collected way too much crap over the years that served no real purpose. Going forward, I'll be focusing more on what I need for basic survival. It'll take me a couple of years to build up the necessities. Now if I can just find myself a survivalist husband... that would really get me on the right track!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
ok, all. I havn't read all the posts here but i think the general topic is what are you doing to get ready for 2012. First I jUSt want to say that 2012 is NOT just another year. We will have a VERY RARE solar eclipse on December 21st, 2012 when the earth will align itself with our Milky Way Galaxy. Just 5 years ago scientists discovered a black hole at the center of our galaxy. During this very rare eclipse the earth will align itself between this black hole and the sun. This is a very rare occurance. At the same time the earth will be tipped very far on it axis. Scientists believe that at that moment the pull of both the black hole and the sun is enough to caUse the earth's poleS tO shift. The north will become South and the south will become north. The continentanl plates will move, volcanoes will erupt, tsunamis will happen world wide and much more. This is just a quick explanation of how I understand what is going to happen on Dec. 21, 2012....AND I HAVNT EVEN MENTIONED THAT THAT same DATE MATCHES THE END OF THE MYAN CALENDER, THE CHINESE "I CHING' END OF HISTORY, THE END OF THE EGYPTIAN CALENDER-MATHEMATICAL LANGUAGE BUILT INTO THE PYRAMID AT GIZA AND THE HOPI INDIAN PREDICTION OF A GREAT PURIFICATION OF THE EARTH!!! Just try a google search for yourself. There is scientific evidence that pole shifts have occured before and we are due for one now. We must take action fo preserve our civilization. Here are some interesting links but you can find many, thanks to google

How to Survive 2012

Interesting my space information page.

Here is my person list so far:
foxfire is name of homesteading book.
books called:
Living on the Earth
Where the is no Doctor
Where there is no Dentist
books on:
How to make fire
humanure
how to # in the woods
composting

NEED:
mountian bikes
wheel barrows
childrens bikes
infant supplies
child birth
basic k-12 education books
childrens toys
where there is no dr book
dental book
natural healing books
how to make wells for refridgeration
clothing construction
cloth making
knitting & crochet needles
cob house construction supplies
level
shovels
outdoor cooking
solor ovens
pottery making
glass making
metal hewing
flints
pharmacy books
windmill making
clothes washing
pasta making
grating
electricity generation with windmills
buy every solar thing we can
canning supplies
durable cooking supplies
dishes & utensils
food preservation
seeds of all kinds
blankets
tents
medications
soap making
canned food stockpiles
books on how to make fire
hunting & gathering books
hide tanning books
basic gardening tools
plows, picks, ax, ladders...little ladder systems like seen on tv????
how to make yeast
how to make bows & arrows
bow & arrow/cross bow
fishing poles
telescopes
sextant, almanac & navigation equipment
compass

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think I will move back to hawaii.....Do you think I would be safe there?

did anyone see the new crop circles of the maya calendar 6. any ideas of what that was a warning for?..........6 years.......2012........I know that would be 2013 from aug 12

I feel ill..........

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

your right!...lifes to short to worry about that stuff...how do you add a picture on here?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm not preparing because if something does happen, and were all told it's going to be horrific, will there really be any point?

All that worrying and fretting will go nowhere if the world ends, you'll just regret having it consume you. I'm going to live life to the fullest and laugh along with everyone else when we all wake up on 2012 and nothing has changed.

Just have fun.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherishJust 5 years ago scientists discovered a black hole at the center of our galaxy. During this very rare eclipse the earth will align itself between this black hole and the sun. This is a very rare occurance. At the same time the earth will be tipped very far on it axis. Scientists believe that at that moment the pull of both the black hole and the sun is enough to caUse the earth's poleS tO shift. The north will become South and the south will become north. The continentanl plates will move, volcanoes will erupt, tsunamis will happen world wide and much more.

Do you have a creditable source for this as you suggest there's plausible scientific evidence?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
even if there wasn't something stirring us all up, its always a good idea to keep some kind of emergency supplies on you. Even in your vehicle. Being prepared is much better than being caught with your pants down. If something happens, then you're prepared. If nothing happens? Well, you're still prepared for when something happens when you dont actually expect it.

either way, with preparation its a slight win scenario!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would personally just chill till 2012... I mean what are the chances that I will be the "first" to come into Alien contact ? I will simply listen to what people say... and if I find out that they are hostile then I will start to plan, if they are just here to say hi then I will send them an invitation for a keg party at my place....

Seriously guys just relax... there is nothing you can do. Most of us live in cities anyway once Alien come there will be total chaos you will have plenty of time to "borrow" food and stocks from other shops

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm with the Avengers Squad !! who's gonna do anything to us (except the Mods) , we'll take on anything whether it'll be an alien invasion in 2012 or an asteroid hittin' Earth, and to be on the safe side I joined the illuminati. (on a serious note all I'll do is build some underground bunker, uh wait a minute I forgot I have no money for that ,so that idea is not gonna work
)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shrunkensimon

hello im insterested to know what you mean by 3d world can you explain please?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join