It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.F.I.D.Chips: High Tech Aids or Tracking Tools?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The technology obviously exists, it's just not practical.

Regarding mark of the beast: I think I've been corrected

However, about the RFID technology:

RFID tags come in three general varieties:passive, active", or semi-passive (also known as battery-assisted). Passive tags require no internal power source, whereas semi-passive and active tags require a power source, usually a small battery.

en.wikipedia.org...

I recall seeing somewhere that the RFID tags in the chips wouldn't be passive, thus they'd be able to actually store the information and transmit it (according to this source) up to 500 metres. Which is cause for concern I believe...

Edit: Links don't like me

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Vinci]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
That is if you believe everything that you are told...

Actually, I design with this sort of thing from time to time, so I understand it at a bit deeper level than the average bear.

Apperently someone does know where a thought is because how else could we now have the new memory deleting drugs emerging on the scene as of late. they know more than we think I suspect.

Well, really, no. You don't program the drug to seek out and destroy memories using some sort of memory-tracking computer. The thing you're most likely talking about simply allows stressful memories to decay in importance over time the way they're supposed to.

You can also keep people from remembering things by interfering with the storage of short-term memory, but again, you don't need to "know where a thought is". You just give them a butt full.

This is an interesting idea, I've never heard this idea before but one problem I see with it would be.... how does the ability to buy or sell equate into this theory??

Having to swear allegiance to the government would fit the term 'charagma', meaning it would fit the 'bearing the Word within' part of the idiom.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

For strictly local access yes, but phone companies will use satellites to cover service areas outside of the local tower-network.

No, they don't. Cell phones do not communicate with satellites, unless they're specifically designed to do so, like a sat phone. What you get at the local store is not a sat phone.

It doesn't have to transmit in order to be tracked. The satellites that send the location-signal to the GPS receiver can triangulate the position of the GPS. Go ahead & ask cable TV Repairman how he can triangulate on a receiver that he transmits to.

No, they can't triangulate the position of the GPS receiver. The GPS receiver receives the signals and calculates the position based on time delays and the ephemeris data.

And I don't need to ask a cable TV repairman, he can't "triangulate" on a receiver, but he can detect one on a line by looking at the loading. You can also use a TDR technique to bounce a pulse off the impedance mismatches and see how many taps there are, TV or no, but this only works because it's a coax connection.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Notice the key word "yet" meaning that it could in the near future, but ask yourself whether the government would admit it if they did have the technology now, they have been soooo honest thus far in other areas, yes??

Not only does it not yet exist, it won't ever exist, for several reasons.

One, as I said before, you are pretty conductive inside. That sops up radio energy like a sponge. It's tough to pick up enough satellites half the time at best, try putting your hands around the receiver. Nothing like a nice 120db per cm loss to say "you aren't going to receive it that way".

Two, GPS receivers take a comparative lot of power, you have to do a LOT of computations and the receiving circuitry isn't all that small, nor is it something you could run from a tiny battery.

Three, there's no point, because an H-field implant is limited by laws of physics to a few feet. I know where the 100 billion scanners I'd need on every 3 foot square are, so why track you with GPS? The logistics of deploying this is just staggeringly bad.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
I recall seeing somewhere that the RFID tags in the chips wouldn't be passive, thus they'd be able to actually store the information and transmit it (according to this source) up to 500 metres. Which is cause for concern I believe...

Not being passive implies batteries. It's bad enough to imagine having to surgically implant everyone, but now you have to remove them and replace batteries, quite often too, for active devices.

Nope, ain't happening. Also, your 500 meter distance is for an E-field device that uses radio instead of inductive H-field, that 500 meter number may be true in the open but implanted in YOU the energy is absorbed at a heinous rate, and little of it makes it out of you. That's why the vast majority of implants use H-field links.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I know that most will think me crazy, but what the hell. They've got much more advanced chip technology already than the RFID. And it's not intended so much to track, as the poster above pointed out they have much better ways to track than that. And in terms of the GPS issue of the cell phone, if you do not want to be tracked or want to make sure that verbal, face to face conversations you have are overheard, it is a good idea to take the battery out of your phone. In terms of corporate espionage, many people do this to protect business secrets. The battery out of the phone is the only real way to disable what it can do in terms of tracking.
There are much more advanced chip technologies out there today which are not admitted to, and there's a fear that if it's known what the capacities of these chips are and how many may already be in use, there would be rioting.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
RFID chips wont be used in humans. Reason?....same reason with the backlash of those swipe and pay key fob's. If it is a device that is meant to be wirelesley read by another device, than any unscrupulous character can use such a device to obtain your implanted chips information. Talk about an identity thieves dream..no more dumpster diving...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlintheworld

There are much more advanced chip technologies out there today which are not admitted to, and there's a fear that if it's known what the capacities of these chips are and how many may already be in use, there would be rioting.

That is what I'm talking about, people in the know are being hushed by fear of government reprisal and this information could mean wide spread panic and alarm. but it needs to come out for if people knew the truth concerning this technology they would revolt BIG TIME.

Some of this information concerning the governments cover-up of this technology was touched on in the David Icke video "Secrets of the Matix" where a scientist was divulging to David the fact that the government has developed this technology in secret for many years.

What we need is concrete proof that this technology exist's and is being implemented, at this point second hand "he said-she said" information will not do, we need those who are on the inside to come forward and come clean on this issue. and provide solid information that proves this plan is in the works. any takers???

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
In response to the_Sentinal, I have such a chip in my left thigh. I would love to have it removed, not only so that I had my "natural state" returned, but so that I could prove that this technology exists. In fact, I have two of them--one which was implanted in 1968, and another in 1995. These chips do far more than carry or broadcast information, or even m monitor health issues. And, of course, I was told if I began to talk about this, I would be "eliminated."

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlintheworld
In response to the_Sentinal, I have such a chip in my left thigh. I would love to have it removed, not only so that I had my "natural state" returned, but so that I could prove that this technology exists. In fact, I have two of them--one which was implanted in 1968, and another in 1995. These chips do far more than carry or broadcast information, or even m monitor health issues. And, of course, I was told if I began to talk about this, I would be "eliminated."

without going to far into classified territory could you maybe tell us how you came to the point of being implanted?? was it a government program of some sort?? I dont want to get you into any trouble or anything but I would sure be interested in hearing how you became Chipped!!

[edit on 24-7-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
To girlintheworld , perhaps you are not able to respond because a team has been sent to neutralize you, and that is why you cannot respond, I certainly hope that you at least in part, do respond, due to the fact that most people on this board will label you a lunatic, troll or any other derogatory name you can think of, dont think of this post as negative but necessary to keep the board free of false and erroneous information, call me gullable, but I believe people when they tell me things, should you be held against your will by some classified DARPA unit, please accept my humble apologies before hand.

the_sentinal,

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I know little about DARPA does anyone else have any info on this group or organization??

What do you know about DARPA? That would give us a basis for discussion.

Also, it would be helpful if you would include the source of your information along with your quotes.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join