It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Flight 93 pilots get off a distress call ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have come across some infomration that states that Flight 93 pilots did get off a distress signal, This has been the first and biggest thing to bother me about 9/11 that none of the planes got off a distrees signal.

Here is a statement that says they did using a "distress button" i guess they are talking about the transponder code or maybe the internal data link.

911research.wtc7.net...

According to the official story, four teams of four or five hijackers each were able to take over four jetliners with 100% success, with the pilots of only one of the four aircraft, Flight 93, managing to press the distress button.

Des anyone have any more information on this?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Distress call? Did he punch the code in? No...well not according to the 911 report. They RECEIVED the alert and two minutes after, the pilot sent off a message to confirm.

By all accounts, the first 46 minutes of Flight 93's cross-country trip proceeded routinely. Radio communications from the plane were normal. Heading, speed, and altitude ran according to plan. At 9:24, Ballinger's warning to United 93 was received in the cockpit. Within two minutes, at 9:26, the pilot, Jason Dahl, responded with a note of puzzlement: "Ed, confirm latest mssg plz-Jason."

The hijackers attacked at 9:28. While traveling 35,000 feet above eastern Ohio, United 93 suddenly dropped 700 feet. Eleven seconds into the descent, the FAA's air traffic control center in Cleveland received the first of two radio transmissions from the aircraft. During the first broadcast, the captain or first officer could be heard declaring "Mayday" amid the sounds of a physical struggle in the cockpit. The second radio transmission, 35 seconds later, indicated that the fight was continuing. The captain or first officer could be heard shouting:" Hey get out of here-get out of here-get out of here."

www.9-11commission.gov...

[edit on 22-7-2007 by CaptainObvious]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
Distress call? Did he punch the code in? No...well not according to the 911 report. They RECEIVED the alert and two minutes after, the pilot sent off a message to confirm.

But if the pilot was on the data link responding to the message it would have only taken a second for him to type in the hijack code.

I wonder why none of the other pilots got off a distress call. Specially any that received warnings.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1
But if the pilot was on the data link responding to the message it would have only taken a second for him to type in the hijack code.

I wonder why none of the other pilots got off a distress call. Specially any that received warnings.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by ULTIMA1]

First of all none of the other 3 pilots recieved that warning. As you can see the warning was placed at 9:24AM.

Flight 11 was highjacked @approx. 8:14
Flight 175 was higjjacked @ approx. 8:42 - 8:46
and Flight 77 was highjacked @ approx. 8:51 - 8:54

Jason Dahl (pilot of 93) was on the data link two minutes prior to the overtaking of the aircraft. As you can see, if you read further into the 911 report, or look at the Moussoui trail exhibits..there was a struggle in the cockpit that was recorded. It's not like the pilots didn't create a struggle.

Why didn't they get off a distress signal? We can only speculate. We were not on those aircrafts and do not know for 100% fact what happened. With the evidence collected from flight 93, however you can clearly see that the aircraft was not given up without a fight.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Detailed timeline.

www.globalsecurity.org...

* At 9:21 United dispatchers are told to advise their flights to secure cockpit doors;
* At 9:24 a United dispatcher sends a “Beware of cockpit intrusion . . . Two aircraft in NY hit Trade Center Builds” message to Flight 93. Flight 93 responds to this message at 9:26 , requesting that the dispatcher confirm the latest message;
* At approximately 9:30, a United dispatcher reports that we cannot reach Flight 93;
* At 9:31 and 9:32, messages from United Air Traffic Control coordinators are sent to Flight 93 stating “ATC looking for you on 133.37.” Flight 93 does not respond;
* At 9:33 United dispatch sends a message to Flight 93 stating “High Security Alert. Secure Cockpit.” Flight 93 does not respond;
* At 9:35 United San Francisco maintenance desk receives a call from a flight attendant on Flight 93 saying that the flight has been hijacked. This information is quickly relayed to United Chicago Operations Center;
* At 9:36 United dispatch sends a message to Flight 93 asking whether dispatch can be of any assistance. Flight 93 does not respond;
* At 9:41 United dispatch sends two messages to Flight 93 stating “High security alert. Secure cockpit door, admit no one in to cockpit.” Flight 93 does not respond;
* At approximately 9:45 I order the entire United fleet grounded, for the first time in United history. Even before this, some individual dispatchers were already grounding their flights. At about the same time, the FAA and American Airlines make the same decision;
* At about 9:45 we receive a report that an aircraft has crashed into the Pentagon. We later learn that was American Flight 77;
* At 9:47 a message from United San Francisco Maintenance is sent to Flight 93 stating “Heard of incident, is all normal?.” Flight 93 does not respond;
* At 9:50 a message is sent from United dispatch to Flight 93 advising it to land at the nearest airport. Flight 93 does not respond;
* At 9:51 two more messages are sent to Flight 93 advising it to land at the nearest airport. Flight 93 does not respond;
* We track Flight 93’s flight path on the large operations monitor in the Crisis Center;
* Around 10:00, as directed by United’s emergency response plan, the company begins assembling its “go teams” to assist victims’ families and authorities;
* At around 10:00 we lose contact with United Flights 641, 415 and 399. Persistent attempts to communicate with those “missing” flights eventually succeed;
* At approximately 10:06 United Flight 93 crashes in Pennsylvania, killing all 41 people on board;

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It is believed that the hijackers took one of the Flight Attendents, Deborah
Welsh - senior FA and purser, into the cockpit with them. Conjecture is
she was a hostage used to get pilots to open door. She was killed by the
hijackers soon afterwards. Even if had some warning pilots would not
have known what was going down - much less informed passengers.
Interesting to speculate what would happened if pilots got on intercom and
informed passengers of what was happening - consider 40 pissed off
people vs 4 SNIP. Would have loved to see that fight!

Due to member demand, the 9/11 forum is now under close staff scrutiny.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
It is believed that the hijackers took one of the Flight Attendents, Deborah
Welsh - senior FA and purser, into the cockpit with them. Conjecture is
she was a hostage used to get pilots to open door. She was killed by the
hijackers soon afterwards.

Big problem i see with this story is that now you have 3 dead bodies in a convined cockpit. The hijackers would had enough problems just trying to get the pilots out of thier seats and moved around so they could fly the plane.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bigger problem Ultima...if it didn't happen the way they 911 commission says it happened...what is your theory?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Actually no you didn't have three dead bodies in the cockpit. They removed at least two of them after they took over the aircraft. Passengers making phone calls reported two bodies outside the cockpit, either dead or injured.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Actually no you didn't have three dead bodies in the cockpit. They removed at least two of them after they took over the aircraft. Passengers making phone calls reported two bodies outside the cockpit, either dead or injured.

And that led to the famous "Lets Roll" right?

How long passed from the time the plane was hijacked until it crashed in PA? Wouldent the FAA air traffic controllers have known something was amiss if the pilots did not report in periodically?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They did know something was wrong, because they heard the Mayday, and "Get out of here!" and other strange transmissions. They had aircraft looking for Flight 93, and were trying to figure out what was going on with the plane. Total time from hijacking to crash was just under 40 minutes. It was taken over just before 9:30 and crashed a few minutes after 10am.

At about 9:28 a.m., after both towers of the World Trade Center had already been hit, air traffic controllers in Cleveland Center overheard the pilot Jason Dahl yelling "Get out of here", along with commotion and possibly screaming from the cockpit.[1] A voice, likely forty seconds later, more screams were heard. During this time the aircraft dropped 700 feet (200 m). Air traffic controllers tried to contact the pilot and received no reply.

The cockpit voice recording, which was recorded on a 30 minute loop, began at 9:32 a.m.[1] At 9:32 a man with an Arabic accent, probably Ziad Jarrah, transmitted to air traffic control the following: "Ladies and gentlemen: Here the captain, please sit down keep remaining seating. We have a bomb on board. So sit.." (It is likely that Jarrah was attempting to broadcast this over the plane's intercom, but did not understand that the message was transmitted to air traffic control instead.) The flight then reversed direction and began flying eastward at a low altitude. At 9:39 air traffic controllers overheard Jarrah saying, "Hi. Here's the captain. I would like to tell you all to remain seated. We have a bomb aboard, and are going back to the airport, and to have our demands. So, please remain quiet." There were no further transmissions.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
Bigger problem Ultima...if it didn't happen the way they 911 commission says it happened...what is your theory?

I am just trying to find the truth of what happened that day. The more research i do the more questions about the official story coem up.

Also the 9/11 commission report contridicts or has different material then the official report from the media.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

But thats if people cold make cell phone calls since cell phones do not work well at higher altitudes.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

But thats if people cold make cell phone calls since cell phones do not work well at higher altitudes.

IIRC dident some carriers have pay phones in the back of the seats? I know Southwest did in the late 1990s.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
IIRC dident some carriers have pay phones in the back of the seats? I know Southwest did in the late 1990s.

Their are reports that American Airlines had removed their air phones.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Their are reports that American Airlines had removed their air phones.

aye, that was discussed in another forum....john lear, i believe it was,k posted a technical manual page that detailed how the phones operated....and it refrenced another order that said that the phones had been removed on other jets. however comma there was discrepancies on the date which said the current change was january somehting of 2007, and the page date which was exactly six years earlier. so no one came to the conclusion that the phone removal was done by sep 11 2001.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wenfieldsecret
aye, that was discussed in another forum....john lear, i believe it was,k posted a technical manual page that detailed how the phones operated....and it refrenced another order that said that the phones had been removed on other jets. however comma there was discrepancies on the date which said the current change was january somehting of 2007, and the page date which was exactly six years earlier. so no one came to the conclusion that the phone removal was done by sep 11 2001.

I have e-mailed American Airlines to get some more infomation about the air phones.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
lets also not forget that in 01, many phones were still triband phones meaning they would work in analog mode in addition to digital.

an analog phone has a longer range and therefore may very well have been able to make the calls as claimed.

not saying they did its just more plausable to me than having "them" place very convincing fake calls to family members.

but plausible, possible and probable are all different things and with what we know right now we have no clue what actually happened.

also i do have a question as my knowledge of commercial aviation is limited to having been a passenger, so thats to say i know diddly.

but, what would the pilots do if the cockpit was stormed? would they stay in their seats flying the plane or would they prepare to defend and leave the plan on autopilot?

just curious what our aviation people have to say

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
my uneducated guess would be that one would defend and the other fly....

it just seems feasibility rather low that two men in the cock pit would have room to fight off other men....maybe one....but uneducated and guess are the main words here.....

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

my uneducated guess would be that one would defend and the other fly....

Problem is that flight crew is strapped in seats and unable to defend
themselves , particularly from behind. For example let me tie you into
a chair, come up behind you and start slashing at you with a knife.
Also have to remember state of confusion that day - nobody was
certain what was going on. Ed Ballinger, United flight dispatcher, had
sent a cryptic message to watch for cockpit intrusions. Pilots were
under obligation to protect passengers and flight crews - previous hijacks
had pilots fly to some location where demands (ransom, prisoner swap,
political propaganda) were made. Nobody was aware that hijackers
wanted plane - passengers and crew were in the way. Conjecture is
that Flight Attendent Deborah Welsh was taked hostage and used to force
way into cockpit were she and pilots were killed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join