It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Missile found in Florida Scrapyard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Patriot Missile found in Florida Scrapyard

www.ananova.com

TAMPA, Fla. -- A Patriot missile with its guidance system and rocket motor was found in a Tampa scrap metal yard, according to authorities. Explosives experts at MacDill Air Force Base were called to the scrap yard on July 11 to identify an odd-looking object in a heap of junk.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.local6.com

[edit on 22-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
First a rocket launcher in N.J. now a patriot missle in Fl. Aside for how much one of those things goes for on the black market, it was also reported that the Guidance system was intact..I am pretty sure the mujahadeen were not involved, but what if about the chinese or other power may have someone to drop it off there. Then recent Tenessee Nuclear site tourist guard found to be in possession of classified material and trying to sell that. These are not leaks they are gushes in our system! Who the hec is in charge up there!
No wonder Chertoff has a gut feeling while we are having a heart attack!

www.ananova.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yea, this is getting weird, the stories are becoming more frequent also, makes me wonder where all of this stuff is coming from??? is it being planted by someone??? if so, for what purpose??? fear, is my theory, perhaps if they can generate enough fear perhaps it will trigger the event everyone thinks is about to happen, or to cause us to become numb to the threat enough that we let our guard down so they can operate.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Obviously our current security in place is not cutting it. I wonder if we have private contractors guarding and running these armories? Theres been Way too much Criminal behaviuor amongst these private and black ops companies. Its Very disturbing that something like the Patriot which could easily take down a few airliners could just go missing like that. The only worse scenario could have been say a Hot fighter /Bomberjacking or a Nuke jacking.
Bush has taken a decent security system with minor flaws to a flawed system with minor successes.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That's one problem we don't know, are these being planted?

If it is a cell home grown or not they are picking good places to try and hide this stuff, I would never think junk yard.

On Fox just now they had a segment on what you should have in a survival kit.

Talk about like feeling we are being set up. With most people the fear factor will work.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Obviously our current security in place is not cutting it. I wonder if we have private contractors guarding and running these armories? Theres been Way too much Criminal behaviuor amongst these private and black ops companies. Its Very disturbing that something like the Patriot which could easily take down a few airliners could just go missing like that. The only worse scenario could have been say a Hot fighter /Bomberjacking or a Nuke jacking.
Bush has taken a decent security system with minor flaws to a flawed system with minor successes.

I agree here, we need to create some type of federal run security force for nuclear sites, weapons manufacturing plants, etc.

I am thinking something like India's Central Industrial Security Force which is a paramilitary security force numbering about 105,000 and guards weapons plants and critical factories of all sorts, oil refineries, power plants, etc
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yeah, just what we need, another federal agency.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarMan

Well then whats your solution? Do nothing and let whoever wants to just walk in and take what they want?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Well then whats your solution? Do nothing and let whoever wants to just walk in and take what they want?

I dont know about you but I like Federal Agencies that actually work for me unlike our post Bush securities in place. Im kinda funny like that. But yeah maybe a better enforcement by our existing agencies would be a nice surprise. But wait all our military forces are being tied up overseas guarding oil. Darn.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I dont know about you but I like Federal Agencies that actually work for me unlike our post Bush securities in place. Im kinda funny like that. But yeah maybe a better enforcement by our existing agencies would be a nice surprise. But wait all our military forces are being tied up overseas guarding oil. Darn.

The US military cannot perform law enforcement functions off of US military property on US soil without a declaration of martial law or if they belong to the National Guard and are being used for riot control, etc

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The US military cannot perform law enforcement functions off of US military property on US soil without a declaration of martial law or if they belong to the National Guard and are being used for riot control, etc

ChrisF231, you might want to research H.R. 5122. The John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 actually allows Bush to send any branch of the military onto American soil to do just about whatever he wants.

SEC. 1076. USE OF THE ARMED FORCES IN MAJOR PUBLIC EMERGENCIES.
(a) USE OF THE ARMED FORCES AUTHORIZED.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—Section 333 of title 10, United States
Code, is amended to read as follows:
source

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I live in Tampa and watch my local news everyday and not once have I heard about this.

I think its very strange that the media didn't report this to the public.

Why didn't they want us to know about it?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

ChrisF231, you might want to research H.R. 5122. The John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 actually allows Bush to send any branch of the military onto American soil to do just about whatever he wants.

source

This all sounds like it will have a bad ending. Next things are actually going to start blowing up, then that's a whole other mess...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am sure it's just me but the article states:

They (authorities) said that it was harmless, as it was missing its warhead.

OK.....I give up....where is the warhead??? Does that worry anyone?
Does the warhead need the missle to explode? I would think not.

Don't these things have serial numbers, bar codes, VIN #'s? I mean you
can't even steal a Hershey Bar from Target without getting busted these days.

Here is a link with a little more info, a picture and video news story.

www.tampabays10.com...

Here is a nice quote from this article:

Tampa Police and the Air Force say there is no need to investigate where the missile came from, because it was so old and posed no threat to the public.

The Patriot Guided Missile
There are a total of eight different variants of Patriot missiles: Standard, ASOJ/SOJC, PAC-2, PAC-2 GEM, GEM/C, GEM/T (or GEM+), and PAC-3.

The first fielded variant was the round MIM-104A, "Standard". It was optimized solely for engagements against aircraft and had very limited capability against ballistic missiles. It had a range of 70 km (44 miles), and a speed in excess of Mach 3.[2] The specific information for these different kinds of missiles are discussed in the "Upgrades" section.

All Patriot missiles consist of a missile (or missiles) mounted within a canister that looks like a long box that is both the shipping and storage container and the launch tube. Patriot missiles are referred to as "certified rounds" as they leave the factory, and no additional maintenance is necessary on the missile prior to its being fired.

The PAC-2 missile is 5.31 meters long, weighs 900 kg and is propelled by a solid-fueled rocket motor at speeds in excess of Mach 5.

The Patriot missiles cost between $1 and $3 million dollars per copy, depending on variant.

Source:

en.wikipedia.org...

Breaking News....this just in....cat stuck in a tree....film at 11.

P.S. I live in Tampa so this is a little scary.

Regards...kk

edited to add new links, edit and tidy up

[edit on 22-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Very disturbing that something like the Patriot which could easily take down a few airliners could just go missing like that.

Easily take down a few airliners??? A missile can destroy a single target, Its not like a pinball machine bouncing off and destroying everything it touches. And lets not forget...How would they launch it?

WHAT??? Minor successes? When have we been attacked since 9/11?? not once, yet terrorist attacks are still rampant around the world.

This is just more anti Bush rhetoric!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Somewhere there's a DRMO guy seriously getting a foot up his arse.

This sort of thing is supposed to be "decommissioned". But you can quite often buy bits and pieces of old weapon systems. Sometimes I think it's easier to just toss it in the dumpster than to go through all the paper work.

If you want, you should go to www.govliquidation.com, they handle all the DRMO sales now, I believe. Lots of it is boring but they have some interesting stuff if you know what it is.

There was a guy that found a Titan missile at a junkyard, it had been disassembled but he managed to put the thing back together. I think it was Ron Cole, IIRC. This was years ago.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Lets not go the Bush route. This started when when we became a technology magnet. There was no explosive threat, but the technology of the guidance system is. A host of countries like the Chinese,Russia and Israel have flooded our markets scouring places just like junkyards for spare parts (lets not forget Iran)that will help them leapfrog,catch up, and counter our systems. This literally saves them billions of dollars, and helps bankrupt us. So its not just about a rocket hitting an airliner or your kids swing set she may be playing..thats a remote possibility versus the tech issue which is a distinct probabilty

Somebody is at fault and its not me, was it you ? fess up now..who is at fault.?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i think there's been like an average of a terrorist attack against america about 1 time ever 2-3 years (minus the time between uss cole and 9-11)
i think the only reason we havent been attacked in that time span since 9-11 is cause they arent able to recruit and get them set up in time....

the patriot does need the war head to go boom.....however....the guidance system could go for a hefty penny....

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

source

reading that over, seems more like he's expecting a revolution....

[edit on 22-7-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

That's one problem we don't know, are these being planted?

Now that is reading between the lines!

Just in time for Patriot Day v6.0 no less.
This makes me wonder, was this found at a metal scrapyard (recycler type place) or an actual landfill?
I know people dump cars and old refridgerators at the metal yard all the time, I live near one. Any time I hauled anything in for scrap, I had to pull my truck on the scales to weigh in first, then pull around the back and wait for a few burly guys to assist me in the offloading. Once I was done I would have to pull back on the scale for a dry weight. Then go inside and fill out all the forms. How much does a patriot weigh? I know for a fact that you are only alloted a certain amount of tonnage here where I'm from, and the regulations in my state are far more lax than in FL. The actual landfill is monitored even more heavily, you can't even sneak in a can of dried up housepaint here... let alone any ordinance. How the .... did it get hauled there? Flatbed and ten wheeler?

If it is a cell home grown or not they are picking good places to try and hide this stuff, I would never think junk yard.

Exactly my thoughts..... it looks to me as if it is a plant. If you live in FL and want to get rid of your old military surplus cache I could think of a couple of better places to dump it. Ridiculous thinking IMHO. (unless it is a plant of course)

On Fox just now they had a segment on what you should have in a survival kit.

Can you verify this? I don't watch television, let alone Fox News... it seems rather odd to me that they would even make mention of that word "survival" anywhere. Weren't we conditioned to believe that anyone having a survival kit and a preparedness plan is a dangerous dissident? militias, martial law.... and fleeing to the hill types?
Did they say what "we" are supposed to have in said kits? An economy sized jar of vaseline to prepare ourselves for the ultimate....?

Talk about like feeling we are being set up. With most people the fear factor will work.

Well, I would have to concur on that. However I do have some hope in the people of this country and our foundation. I would hate for this to be another nail in the coffin of the constitution form the hammer of our administration. This should not go unnoticed, but either way it is sinister enough to end up very uncool... in laymans terms.

With all the hubbub going around about warnings, exec orders and elevated terror threat level this really makes me question the bigger picture of motive. I sincerely hope that this event is a practical joke of some kind, and ten years from now we can all laugh and have beers and a BBQ at my house... I'll be glad to eat my words anyday, but I gotta say, we are living in the beginning of the end. Sad times indeed.

Big up to the OP for bringing this to light, this is something we should not let slip by us, we are Americans... land of the free, home of the brave right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join