It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Hills Of Montana

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I went to Montana a few years back and saw a very strange creature. Unfortunatly I was unable to catch any footage of the beast, and was hoping that with my description you beastly (awesome) people could help me identify this creature. It was about 3 ft high, with medium sized eyes, no really aparent nose just the nostrals, mouth was closed so i didnt see the teeth, spikes on its back, and had really odd textured skin. It wasn't horribly far away from me but close enough for me to watch for about 3 min and slowly ,as not to scare it, get back into the house I was staying at. We were in the high hills of Montana, and it was about 30* F outside, and there was a thin sheet of snow on the ground it that helps with the identification of the creature. Please Help Me Find Out What This Was.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
odd. Sounds almost like a grey/dover demon. or maybe the chupacabra. none of these possibilites match your location. New cryptid alert!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm originally from Montana and spent around 20 years camping and fishing in remote locales. There are a LOT of critters in the backwoods, but I never saw anything fitting that description. Also, the animals are you see in the winter are generally the furred or feathered variety, although there can be snow on the ground in higher elevations at any time of the year. Don't know.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That's what puzzled me. It was winter and there was a creature out and about that didn't have fur.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Unidentified....
.....I assume you are more curious to identify what you may have seen rather than 'place' the creature in the category of being cryptoid
I cannot reliably give you an answer because I am not familiar with the wildlife in this region of the USA.
The best I can offer is this website that may help to identify what you saw.
Montana wildlife
I hope you find the answers here.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am familiar with the Montana wildlife cause I use to live there a long time ago. But this is something you dont see everyday in the Montana Outback. I mean it has been a while since I've lived there but I don't think there are alot of new animals. Especially in Western Montana.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am familiar with the Montana wildlife cause I use to live there a long time ago. But this is something you dont see everyday in the Montana Outback. I mean it has been a while since I've lived there but I don't think there are alot of new animals. Especially in Western Montana.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post occassionaly. My computer is having issues. Sorry for the inconvience.

[edit on 7/21/2007 by The_Short_Man]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I live in Montana Pretty close to where I think you were at, I haven't heard anything about strange occurences, but there are a lot of animals around here, and ranches, there are still cattle mutilations, maybe it's a new predator, either that or a coyote with mange.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Now see I never heard of cattle mutilations happening in Western Montana nor in Montana at all. How long have they been going on? I mean I know that Montana is a big open area for the most part and that there are alot of ranches, but this isn't something like that, and it definatly wasn't a coyote.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Any way you can do a sketch?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i could try but I'm not a good artist and i dont know any artist but i will try to get a sketch put up. thank you for the suggestion and i will do my best to do that.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I found a picture of a creature called the "loveland lizard that matches your description somewhat it is about 3 or 4 ft. high.
You can read more on it here

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
its face wasnt lizardish it was i guess u could call it alienish.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why do you lie through your teeth OP? So many of these threads are so transparent as to how truly ridiculous they are...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Does it look like this Chupacabra?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Sounds like the chupacabra, but strange also.. haven't heard or seen any news on the net about'em for years..

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maybe somone's pet Komodo dragon escaped.......Hey, it's possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I know what a komodo dragon looks like. And it did look like that chupacabra a little bit. It was fatter and the spikes weren't as big but thats pretty much exactly what he looked like. I'm thinking about going back and trying to catch cold hard evidence. But the only problem is that the place I was at is privately owned now. There's a farmer that lives there and he has put a gate up and doesn't want guests. My friend sold it to him not knowing that it would become unable to use. What should I do peeps.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't think it's worth getting caught trespassing unless you're being truly honest with yourself about what you saw. If you saw what you say that you saw then it is worth the risk. Your call.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join