It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight from Space

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
whats the situation now on this BKS? I have been doing some reading of some of the material that relates to BKS (not through yet) and It seems/looks like/feels like its an amalgamation or a tapestry of stories in one. Not to say what is being said isn't true or that perhaps the BKS isn't legit but thats what I am getting so far.

Anyone out there with more info? I know some of you all were doing your own research want to see what you have found. This story is very interesting to me. I too have been hooked on it ever since someone mentioned it in the dark knight aurora blood sacrifice prediction thread here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

This thread contains the most information available on the net concerning the Black Knight.

IMO, it was real. It may have been recovered via a covert shuttle mission, or maybe it was lost to the infinite.... Cool story either way.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
this link has some other links too:

www.jamesoberg.com...

Originally posted by JimOberg
Just to reassure ATS, this post is with the author's permission -- that's me.

Thanks for transcribing the poor-quality photocopy that resisted my OCR software!!

The point made thirty years ago is even more germane today: amateur skywatchers now track even small objects way, way out in space. They even write about the 'stealth' missions.

These mythical versions involve impossible orbital motion, wild guesses based on misleading earthside analogies, and uncheckable records and testimonials that don't add up. It's what you'd expect in the dawn of a new era of exploration. What one wouldn't expect is that people would still believe the stories decades later.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
thank you W3RLIED2 and JIM.

Someone should pitch this BKS story to Robert Zemeckis (CONTACT) and or some director better to have a film made out of this.

I would jump on it on a heartbeat if I had the resources or capabilities.

but, if its true i guess no one will want to touch for fear of their life. unless they purposely write in the narrative that it is a false story.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've been loathe to post on this thread however, I feel the time has come to chuck a couple of things out there. The late great P K Dick claimed to have been in contact with this satellite and it was through said satellite he received his exegesis and that was ....."Pink"..yeah I know, sounds totally out there and he was undergoing a shaky period after addiction to amphetamines saw him lose it big time. That said, anyone who has read "Valis" has to admit Dick was no dilletante dipping in and out of weird stuff he analysed not only his own affliction deeply and that he "saw" during it. He even had his own construct "Horselover Fat" who spend his time dismissing everything he thought he'd learned.

Here's the trailer from Radio Free Albemuth which became Valis in a rewrite...

You'l have to bar with me from this point on cos I admit I am going right on a limb here however I can't shake this from the back of my mind ever since it occurred to me. I am, by trade, a musician and since my early teens two artists have been very dear to me, both now sadly passed. One was John Martyn the other Nick Drake. the reason I've never dared travel the me and my guitar path of music is cos compared to those two guys I suck a huge one. Yes mate, that's all very good what does this all have to do with the Black Knight satellite?, I hear you say.

Well it's this, Nick Drake's lyrics were mostly about life and the beauty and pain of it and finding ways to make the mundane appear interesting through his music and lyrics. There were no damsels, maidens, tales of daring do , wizards or reflections on the subjects most popular in song in the early 70s I fact his lyrics were often about his personal strife coping with his deep melancholy and depressions. Those "demons" finally saw him make his final album and deliver it to his record company saying. "This is it, as I want it released", not long after he was found dead, possibly at his own hand. However there is the one song that just stands out as very different to his normal lyrical style... that song later saw him reach heights he could only have dreamed of during his short life when it was picked up for an ad in the USA.

That song is this one...

For almost 4 decades that song has spoken to me in a way i never truly understood... After all what the chuff is a "Pink Moon" and how is it going to "get you"? The one day I thought of P K Dick and realised Pink Moon and Dick's exegesis of "Pink" were within a year or so of each other and the thought struck me that.... I wonder if Nick , in the depths of his depression whilst making that album, saw something very similar to Phil Dick, hence the lyrical departure from his usual subjects. Like I say, thought long and hard about posting these thoughts however, then the thought struck me..hell why not?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I picked up "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" at half price 2 weeks ago. Need to acquire more books (the VALIS trilogy, The Three Stigmata of Palmar Eldrich etc.). I'm really late on PKD but I'm down. Something was up with that dude. I know he was a huge pill head but I don't believe it ALL was pure mental. Like Bradbury and Huxley his novels just keep getting more significant and relevant and there is something to that.

i know this isnt primarily a PKD thread but since we are on the topic and PKD does connect to the BKS...
i was watching a documentary on him recently and in this segment of the PKD documentary this guy explains PKD next to Asimov and Heinlien and brings up the point that PKD was more relevant/contemporary now than Asimov and Heinlien because he was not optimistic about technology like the others were in a time when technology was seen as primarily a optimistic enterprise. PKD saw further into the future then them.

After diggin into PKD I round about way connected to the BKS. I was actually reading into the dark knight aurora shootings when I find out about the BKS. When I had saw that the BKS was/could have been connected to PKD and its that beam thats he talks about I was kind of floored. Like others here... It seems the more I dig into seemingly disparate items the more dots begin to connect. fantastic.

I find the idea that PKD was receiving transmissions from the future or being psycologically probed by the BKS fascinating. Perhaps Huxley and Bradbury were in on it too? You know using that line of thinking. Regardless I do however believe that some of these great SCI FI writers were more in-tune with the idea that time is a construct and more inclined to the nature of time and reality that the easterners believe that time is circular not linear and that past present and future are one.
edit on 25-7-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
reply to post by FireMoon

I picked up "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" at half price 2 weeks ago. Need to acquire more books (the VALIS trilogy, The Three Stigmata of Palmar Eldrich etc.).)

Also a massive fanof PKD.. Just wanted to tell you that - The three stigmata of Palmer Eldritch is probably the best book I have read to date.. I have enjoyed everything I have read by him, some more than others but that one I will never ever forget.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

thanks for your response!

i hear its one of his best if not his best. i also hear its not an intro PKD book but rather an advanced reading one. something you read after you read the intro books. do you find this so?

im almost done with VALIS. Should I finish off the trilogy? go to UBIK or TSPE? OR maybe Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? or something else?
edit on 31-7-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Taggart

i hear its one of his best if not his best. i also hear its not an intro PKD book but rather an advanced reading one. something you read after you read the intro books. do you find this so?

im almost done with VALIS. Should I finish of the trilogy? go to UBIK or TSPE? OR maybe Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? or something else?

I'll be honest I started reading them long before I had the Internet to do more research on the orders and such, I think you'd be fine going right into it really. Everything within the story that needs explained is.
Whenever you read another story and something is mentioned from a previous book I think it just adds dimension but not necessary to read in particular orders. Unless the story is a follow on.
IMO it is his best.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

reply to post by Taggart

im almost done with VALIS. Should I finish of the trilogy? go to UBIK or TSPE? OR maybe Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? or something else?

I'll be honest I started reading them long before I had the Internet to do more research on the orders and such, I think you'd be fine going right into it really. Everything within the story that needs explained is.
Whenever you read another story and something is mentioned from a previous book I think it just adds dimension but not necessary to read in particular orders. Unless the story is a follow on.
IMO it is his best.

Thank You! Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch it is!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Whatever the original stimuli might have been, they are not there now -- there are too many worldwide amateur satellite observers actively SEEKING unannounced vehicles and publishing their results.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

Too bad the link ~ Mystery of the Alien Satellite - The 1927 story ~ has been broken.

"In 1927 The French Survey Ship “La Perouse” from Cochin-China was able to triangulate signals from a tx source near the moon It was concluded the radio(?) tx was directed to Epsilon Bootes in a high density burst. I believe this can be linked to the Protocols of Zion."

"Space Probe from Epsilon Boötes:
What if we succeeded in 2 way communication with an intelligence outside our planet, and no one noticed? What if THEY heard our call and responded but we just couldn’t grasp their language?That’s exactly what happened as early as 1928 in Eindhoven Holland and again in 1929 aboard a French research vessel in the South China Sea. After transmitting over the radio waves 3 sounds in rapid succession every 30 seconds, Van der Pol in Eindhoven examined the return echoes. They were not as neatly spaced as he had sent. In fact they were highly irregular, ranging from 1 to 30 seconds in delay time.

At the time, the discrepancies were explained as fluxuations in the ionosphere, or magnetic disturbances. But the pitch or frequency of the sounds did not change - only the spacing of the echoes.

It wasn't until the 1970's that this mystery was carefully examined and decifered by Duncan Lunan, a scientist from Scotland. He plotted a vertical axis of the transmitted pulse sequence with a horizontal axis of echo delay time. The result ? A picture of the constellation Boötis as it would look 15,000 years ago.

But that's not all. There was a message hidden in the dots on his graph. Lunan was able to translate into simple English the meaning of these echo delay discrepencies, proving perhaps that they are a purposeful manipulation directed by a highly intelligent `other' .

The message is as follows:

START HERE.
OUR HOME IS EPSILON BOOTIS.
WHICH IS A DOUBLE STAR.
WE LIVE ON THE 6th PLANET OF 7 - CHECK THAT, 6th OF 7 -
COUNTING OUTWARDS FROM THE SUN
WHICH IS THE LARGER OF THE TWO.
OUR 6th PLANET HAS ONE MOON,
OUR 4th PLANET HAS THREE,
OUR FIRST AND THIRD PLANETS EACH HAVE ONE.
OUR PROBE IS IN THE ORBIT OF YOUR MOON

THIS UPDATES THE POSITION OF ARCTURUS SHOWN ON OUR MAPS."

The only possible conclusions we can draw from this are:

1) Duncan Lunan is a very imaginative artist
(in fact he has published science fiction stories before)

2) Prof. Lunan interpreted the graph incorrectly and his extrapolations are more speculative

3) An advanced civilization in the vicinity of Arcturus (Hokulea, the guiding star of Hawaiian mythology) sent an unmanned satellite probe to monitor Earth 15,000 years ago, to be activated by radio waves when Humans reached that technological point in their evolution. A dialogue could then have been established, and we might have gained much more than the misunderstood reference greeting.

After publication in the Journal of the British Interpanetary Society (complete with disclaimer from the editors) and a few newspaper articles in the U.S. on this `far out' scientist, the matter was dropped and no further investigation was undertaken.

Could a musical score be made from graphs of this fascinating interstellar communique`? Is the plotting in 2 dimentions of 4 dimensional space an excellent way for different intelligent species to communicate?"

- David Simons 1992

- SOURCE: Anomalies Network

Mystery of the Alien Satellite By Angus Sutherland. Did we pick up the signals from an artificial satellite sent to our planet by an extraterrestrial intelligence? In December 1927, Carl Stoermer, the Norwegian Professor of Mathematics at University in Olso, and explorer of echo radio was contacted by two American scientists, Leo C. Young, radio engineer and Dr. A. Hoyt Taylor, chief consultant of electronics at the naval research laboratory. During their experiments with radio waves, Young and Taylor observed unnatural signals coming from space..."March 13, 2007 SOURCE: UFO Area
The Automatic Drawings and Writings from the Probe Epsilon Bootes"

edit on 5-11-2012 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2012 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I can understand how the source of a radio transmission can be triangulated but since radio propagates in the equivalent outward expanding spheres, I don't see how it would be possible to determine exactly where a transmission was "aimed" at. If you throw a rock in a lake hoping to have a wake hit a specific spot on the opposite shore, you're going to end up hitting every spot on the entire shore, near and far.

It's like those people who say a particular shaft in the Great Pyramid "points" at a particular star on a particular day, when it fact it basically traces a line on the entire sky, possibly pointing at many stars in the process.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If it is true It is a little worrying that it was code named Black Knight, Black Knight is not normally a good guy. I think it is also a symbol of death

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
With mandarin being spoken by nearly 14% of earths population , and english about 5% , it just doesn't make sense that aliens would communicate in english .

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JFKDOALOL

also seems weird to me as well, if anything why not all the languages from the past as well and languages from other societies in other galaxies.

so i would say it could be a stray satelite as they claim, could also be from human society 40 thousand years ago, if history repeats it self that is ^^ or aliens that happen to speak current english

i believe man was already at this height of technology at one point and a big rock knocked us back to the stone age. but things that made it out of our atmospheres, satelite/rockets/probes, would have probably survived. infact if we find anything on other planets like mars/moon im almost sure they will be our own.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JFKDOALOL
With mandarin being spoken by nearly 14% of earths population , and english about 5% , it just doesn't make sense that aliens would communicate in english .

English is more spread out over the world thou. And a lot more people in power probably know English compared to mandarin.
edit on 6-11-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Y'all DO realize that Lunan abandoned that speculative 'message' theory decades ago, don't you?

Why doesn't anybody ask HIM?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Black knight was found to be directly echoing signals transmitted from earth. it was perplexing to scientists, just like everything that they encounter if they cannot understand it they ridicule it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by JFKDOALOL

English is more spread out over the world thou. And a lot more people in power probably know English compared to mandarin.
edit on 6-11-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

Err...if the "probe" was/is 13,000 years old then the main language of Earth "humans" at the time of its launch would have been "grunt." Just sayin'

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join