It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The French Will Never Forget

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I'm not a big fan of the french - or cheese eating surrender monkeys if you prefer.

The thing I like is that a lot of Frenchwomen still wear stockings............

DOWN boy !

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
well they have to - lets the fresh air blow around the bits they don't wash enough - imagine the smell if they wore tights?

Napolean was reported to like his women ripe

"Don't wash, I'm coming home"

yuk

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Without getting into a tit of tat to let us not forget the huge amount of supplies sent to the Russians by the Americans.

While the Russians did manage to move most of thier factories to East of the Urals. They still needed raw materials for these factories to do any good. Without American supplied Steel and Aluminum the Russian factories
do not produce anywhere near the amount of guns tanks and aircraft they produced during the war. Keep in mind that from 1941 to early 1944 the Germans were occupying most of the Russian arable land.
Without American food supplies the Russian people do not eat. Also the Americans were supplying most of the finished cloth for uniforms.

Lend Lease to Russia

Lend Lease to Russia

Aircraft 14,795
Tanks 7,056
Jeeps 51,503
Trucks 375,883
Motorcycles 35,170
Tractors 8,071
Guns 8,218
Machine guns 131,633
Explosives 345,735 tons
Building equipment valued $10,910,000
Railroad freight cars 11,155
Locomotives 1,981
Cargo ships 90
Submarine hunters 105
Torpedo boats 197
Ship engines 7,784
Food supplies 4,478,000 tons
Machines and equipment $1,078,965,000
Non-ferrous metals 802,000 tons
Petroleum products 2,670,000 tons
Chemicals 842,000 tons
Cotton 106,893,000 tons
Leather 49,860 tons
Tires 3,786,000
Army boots 15,417,001 pairs

The most important of those Figures is the number of trucks and jeeps without those 2 items the Russian Army walks to Berlin.

This is not intended to discount the Russian contribution, the manpower of the Russian Army ground the guts out of the German war machine. The Eastern Front was a different and most brutal form of warfare compared to the Western front.

American casualties from 1941-1945
407,300 military 11,200 civilian these figure do not include the Philipino casuaties 57,000 military and 90,000 civilian, Nor does it include Pacific Islander casualties of 57000 civilians.
Not insignificant for coming to the war "late".

Military production during World War II

The above links show production figures for both Axis and Allied while the Russians could outproduce the Germans in just about all areas, American Supplied raw materials along with wheeled vehicles and food enabled the Russians to survive.

Would the Germans have successfully invaded the UK probably not and it wouldnt have been necessary. Had the Germans mass produced thier V1 and V2 rockets they might have forced the UK to terms but The UK was developing thier Jet aircraft and still had a Navy that the Germans could not touch u boats or not.

The Russian situation becomes more problematic, if the Germans break out from Stalingrad and do not lose the 6th army and the Russians are not the recipents of US and UK Lend Lease. The Russians lose most everything West of the Urals. No food, no clothing, no raw materials, and no transport the Russians are in dire straits.

In North Africa a UK Victory is not possible without American supplied Grant tanks, Priest self propelled guns, jeeps and trucks. Ample supplies of these allow the UK not only to beat back the Germans but also exploit the breaches in the German lines forcing the retreat of the Afrika Korps from that point on. This does not discount the UK contribution the UK was on thier own from June of 1940-June of 1941. Thier main help being US lend lease and remants of allied armies that escaped the German conquest of Europe.

Each of the Big 3 allies had thier turning points for the UK it was the Battle of Britain and El Alemein, For the Russians it was Leningrad and Stalingrad.
For the Americans it was Midway and Guadalcanal.

The biggest WW 2 accomplishment of the US is in the area of logistics and the US ability to move all of the men and matirial across great distances.
For the Allies in the Pacific the casualties in fighting the Japanese mirrors the casualties for the Russians on the Eastern Front. For the amount of land that was actually fought over the casualties were actually higher.

Seapower always trumps Landpower the UK and US have known this for quite a while. Germany was landlocked for the most part even without Russian support the US and UK are able to beat the Germans. The Russians have the same problem as the Germans they are landlocked only worse because they have no warm water ports Russia survives because of UK and US seapower. In the Pacific the UK with Australia, New Zealand and India are capable of defeating the Japanese without help.
The Japanese are in a war they cannot win they cannot defeat China fully. They cannot defeat the UK and its Allies even without Chinese and American involvement, and they cannot defeat the Americans even if the Americans fight the pacific war alone. The best the Japanese can hope for is to inflict enough casualties to force other parties into settlement.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Frome here in the US it is easy to hate the French. However if HALF of these idiots had gotten off their fat asses and visited France their view would change. Outside Paris is heaven..lol....Inside Paris is hell. Great people in the country and many lean wayyyyy right. I like the French people...Hate French wine though....Better than Spanish wine but woof.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlosG
It wasn't only America that freed France from the Nazis. What about all the other countries that helped remove the Nazis from Europe?

Sorry, here in America we only recognize our good deeds. From time to time we may mention other peoples good deeds but it's usually in concert with us trying to pull off something we shouldn't be (like invading Iraq).

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Frome here in the US it is easy to hate the French. However if HALF of these idiots had gotten off their fat asses and visited France their view would change. Outside Paris is heaven..lol....Inside Paris is hell. Great people in the country and many lean wayyyyy right. I like the French people...Hate French wine though....Better than Spanish wine but woof.

I agree,
Rural france is amazing.
the small villages, the gorgeous dainty ladies prancing about in their cottage clothes... ahhhhh.... viva la france.

I think it was a great disrespect GW and the whole french fries > Freedom fries.

its small, but it was a big FU to france.

It matters not, shortly the US wont be worthy of its class to be crap under a shoe.. where as france will still be the european crown.
America made its bed, so its time to sleep in it.

six

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I guess the big thing for me is the fact that the French showed their thanks to the UK and USA by spray painting graffiti on a war memorial. "Take Your Trash Home " and that the graves of those who fought to liberate France contaminated their precious soil. Hard to get past that type of gratitude.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I'm not a big fan of the french - or cheese eating surrender monkeys if you prefer.

There is a national superiority complex (in my experience) that I find quite hard to fathom.

Nor am I a fan of hairy women who smell of garlic.

The French, IMO, have made a national pastime out of hating more successful countries whilst doing nothing to address their own shortcomings - apart from rioting at the drop of a hat.

Yes they have given the world some good things, but this is no reason to behave the way they do.

Man,Just shut up
Talking about ghetto youths riots and dude's coming from the official KKK homeland ....you idiot.

I'm not sure what you' re talking about when you write "this is no reason to behave the way they do" but we behave like we want and certainly not as the U.S would like us to.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChorltonThe thing I like is that a lot of Frenchwomen still wear stockings............DOWN boy !

Oh yeah i heard in the U.K & U.S y'all obsessed about being "clean"(4 showers per day?Seriously how many i'm curious) Y'all should see a doctor one day that is the truth out of a dirty man like me lol .. just a thought.

France/America 2 differents worlds even thought i don't presicely know what the U.S look like nor smell like.But i heard a few things...

From what i know: roads are straights,blocks are squared,guns are all over the place, suspicious food doped with ogm or god knows what,expensive life...

That is i believe(I could be wrong but i like to think i'm not) how we see americans over here and you can understand if you're a bit intelligent why we don't have you in our "little papers" as we say here.
Not to mention the foreign policy which is disastrous in many aspects.

It's funny because i was watching this documentary about John Carpenter recently he said "Well french,Euros they too smart for us we don't like that here, we're a bunch of cowboys we ran out of europe, we arrived here in america we took everything ....damn we so full of sh***" end of quote *nearly word for word

I found this extremely ...well analysed

Now i must say i appreciate movies a lot which lead me to affirm U.S: number 1 in entertainment. hehe keep working like that

About WW2 well i said it before U.S helped us to take over the nazis now if they think they could win w/o our consentment/help or other allies well they're dead wrong.This i believe is part of the U.S foreign policy propaganda since quite some time now to pressure euros governments in all aspects to serve their interests.
"We saved us , you owe us one"
..Oook buddy(i wanna ask to Uncle Sam: "how many we owe you exactly?" i'm curious)

Is it the so called American billion or the standard billion we all use around the world ...Go figure

[edit on 4-8-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Here's a link to my feelings about how the French feel about us, at least in 1994. Please excuse the grammar, I was still thinking in French at the time I wrote this and the order of thoughts are arranged differently from the order we would use in writing English.

French is a beautiful language, I believe the most perfect example of the language would be the music of Francis Cabrel. Once, on a Paris metro during rush hour I got a cold, angry retort from a little blue-haired lady. She was angry that I was speaking English, not French. I explained that I was searching for a French teacher who taught the same dialect that Cabrel has, that I would like to speak French like Cabrel. Her answer, "Don't we all!" She then turned around and told the whole car about it and the next thing I knew everyone around me was standing, cheering and applauding me.

One of many wonderful memories for me, thanks France!

STM

WWII Remembered - In The Streets
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Francis Cabrel - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai
www.youtube.com...

Francis Cabrel - Je l'aime à mourir
www.youtube.com...

Note: I just noticed that most of his best videos have been removed from youtube and googlevideo. Sorry about the quality.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
francis cabrel

Gimme 5...naw just kidding i'm not a F.C type of guy
interesting experience none the less

nothing's better than rap as far as music in france is concerned
www.youtube.com...

Oh wait a minute! Daft Punk ain't that bad after all
www.youtube.com...

I'm out

[edit on 4-8-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Dear DarkStormCrow,

Your post contains verifiable facts and as such has no place in this thread nor any other. (note: this statement may or may not be sarcastic)

As for the original poster's topic. It's nice to see some gratitude. I don't hate the French and the occasional (very occasional) French joke I make is done in good fun and not spite. I think it is that way with most Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join