It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my typing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
plz no more post about my spelling i type faster that my mind can keep up and some things i dont know how to spell so i go with the next best thing

so no more posts on my typing i only want the anser you have to my threds and nothing more

[edit on 21-7-2007 by TheBaldEagle]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well if you think other members aren't taking your posts seriously because of the spelling you might want to use a Spell Check on your posts; either by making your posts in a word program like Microsoft Word or use a add-on spell checker like ieSpell (Got that from Grady's welcome message
) Using one of them will make your posts more readable and people wouldn't be on your back about the spelling.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
No offense man but have you thought about slowing down a bit? If you want to be taken serious by people, good grammar and spelling is a good start.
Your excuses really dont hold up because in this day and age there are many things out there that will help you in this area.
For starters, use the Firefox browser, it has a built in spell check. It is a very simple and handy tool, i am using it right now.
There are also extensions or addons for Firefox that will help in this area but the browser alone is all you need.
Im not dogging you either, just offering you some advice and some options.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I dont mind your posts as long as they're somewhat coherent.

We have people here from all over the world, and as good as my spelling is
i'm also a foreigner and sometimes i have trouble getting my point across.

You will find that some are incredible good writers and they dance circles around me and you probably. Dont let that bother you. One of the prerequisites for posting on ATS is not that you have to have a master in English.

Just slow down, think before you post, and type.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If you use Firefox (and you should) the Google Toolbar is a real ahndy plugin. The spell check is good, and you can search google from any page.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

If you use Firefox (and you should) the Google Toolbar is a real ahndy plugin.

Ok, so far...(maybe)

The spell check is good

Not so good.

Sorry for the jibe, but the irony is priceless.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Personally, I wouldnt have a google plugin on my browser. They have way to many privacy issues for my liking.
Anyway, firefox already has a built in search bar in the upper right near the go button. It has google, yahoo etc as an option. Also you can get an extension that will allow you to add or remove different tools in there. I like to add things like wikipedia etc.. to mine.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
HAHA
^^

Yeah, the spell check is good, but only when you actually use it!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I dno't hvae a porbelm raeding aynhtnig, if I can do it so can you.

My seplilng sintks to.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm with DGT on this one. We have many people from all over the world for whom English is a second language. I only speak English, so my hat is off to anyone who has taken the time to learn another language, even though the writing might not be perfect.
What's next, are we going to ban non-English speakers/writers? Come on, have a heart folks, not everyone is good at writing, spelling, etc.
And I've known many a person who didn't get past the fourth grade, yet they are very intelligent and I wouldn't want to miss their ideas just because I felt judgmental about their writing not being correct.

As long as I can understand what you're writing, I'm fine with it.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Forestlady,
We actually agree on something.
(get the smelling-salts, she's fainted)

My step-grandfather had a fifth grade
education.

BUT, he "got" numbers.

After living through the depression, he
began investing.

When he died, he was worth something
in 8 figures.

So, here a conundrum arises ?

Is education important ? Of course.
Is it truly required ? In this day, I believe so.

For those that English is a second/third language,
I salute you !!

There are far too many English (first language)
that butcher the language.

My hat is off to those that speak/read/write 2 or
3 languages.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

If you use Firefox (and you should) the Google Toolbar is a real ahndy plugin.

Ok, so far...(maybe)

The spell check is good

Not so good.

Sorry for the jibe, but the irony is priceless.

Regards,
Lex
I got it. Did anyone else?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If English is your second language, I have no problem with you.

If it is not, however, I will make fun of you.

[edit on 7/22/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
There's no problem with typing fast. I type quickly and make tonnes of mistakes.

However once I've got out what I wanted to say I read through it again just to make sure everything's alright, properly spelt and punctuated. Proof reading what you've read takes only a fraction of the time you spend typing and is ultimately more beneficial when you get people who instead of saying "I can't read what you've written" are replying to your post.

top topics

join