It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeti video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I just found this video. I tried searching for a thread about it, but I couldn't find one. So I think I'm alright^^ The quality is pretty damn bad, but it's watchable.

This video was taken by two hikers in their 1992 expedition in the Himalayas Mountains of Nepal.

What do you think?

[edit on 21-7-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not bad IMHO! Arms look extended, and it has a crested cranium. If it's a suit, it looks better than most I've seen. I would be interested to find some more info surrounding this sighting.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Couple of things:
If that's it's natural environment, it's having quite a hard time climbing that hill.

Also, a couple of times as it takes a step I can see an "extra appendage" or something come between the body and the arm swinging back. Almost looks like a scarf or something.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah if it weren't for the really long arms I would have thought it was a random person with Everest type clothing (with the hood on) and a scarf.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Whether you are used to the enviroment or not, climbing a snowy hill can be tough

This is one of the better vids I've seen, not a blob, or fuzzy shape, or rather not too fuzzy.

Cranial crest, very long arms. This is rather more convincing than most...

[edit on 21-7-2007 by seagull]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Looks too human to me. It balances itself like a human. Hard to explain.

The cranial crest could be a hood, too. I think it's hard to tell from this highly compressed video.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrvingTheExplainer
Looks too human to me. It balances itself like a human. Hard to explain.

The cranial crest could be a hood, too. I think it's hard to tell from this highly compressed video.

Yeah but if the Yeti is an ape-like creature, then it's most definitely related to us humans. I just think the way he's struggling up the slope makes it more realistic.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Yeah if it weren't for the really long arms I would have thought it was a random person with Everest type clothing (with the hood on) and a scarf.

Yeah - this is pretty old - I recall seeing it on TV in around 1996 or so.
Looks pretty authentic to me. It was supposedly taken by two swedish/danish/norwegian? hikers in the Himalayas...

J.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This video looks very convincing to me. Very good. There are many hoaxes, but I believe Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/etc. actually exists. They are probably the last surviving Neandertals on Earth.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Umm...it's "neanderthal".

Anyway, why is it that the best
footage of one of these creatures
(bigfoot, yeti) comes from the late
60's ?

Everything else is this blurry, out
of focus "Look at this, it's a Yeti!"
crap.

I also believe it's possible that
a yet undiscovered primate is at
large.

I've just not seen any evidence of
it.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

hmm. I guess my finger missed the "h". Thanks for correcting me though.

I've just not seen any evidence of
it.

Yet(i)!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I remember seeing this video every time when the history or travel channel does a report of the yeti!!

Anyways, the thing that got me questioning this video is the fur. While I will admit I don't know much about the creature, I find it odd that it has brown fur.

I mean if yeti supposedly live in the snowy high altitude of the Himalayas, wouldn't it make much more sense if the creature had white fur. I'd blend in much easier with the lands, making it easier evade predators or sneak on prey.

Then again one of my theory would be the yeti's fur color changes with the season, much like the arctic fox. Maybe its fur turns brown during the spring and summer, when it travels down the mountain where food is plentiful, where it mostly crosses path with human. And the fur becomes white during the autumn and winter, when it returns back to the high altitude for hibernation, or another region of the mountain, where there are less competition for food (w/ human.)

Anyways In my personal opinion, I believe yeti exists!!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
IMHO its a fake. The arms are extended, yes, but is that not caused by the fact that the legs and body look smaller due to the depth of the snow?

wearing a hood or headgear explains the cranium. I find it hard to believe that we haven't found any fossils or dead yeti's or at least some sort of 'physical' evidence of their existence...

Are they Neanderthals....not in my opinion. Neanderthals were based mainly in Northern Europe and western Asia. Its not entirely unfathomable that Mr Neanderthal migrated but I'm sure we would have some kind of archaeological evidence of the transit.

useful map on this page, bottom right

What puzzles me is that these 'creatures' are always filmed on their own? Assuming that they are mammals, would they not stick together in groups? with the females rearing the young and the males hunting (for food or other females?)

If i was hiking in the Himalayas and i saw a 'yeti' i would at least try and track it to see where it is going or maybe even try to get real close and see what it actually is.....We always see these 30 sec clips showing a hairy thing walking about but the yeti doesn't seem to have any purpose.....i.e why is it walking up the hill? where could it be heading to? why not follow and then perhaps see a family / social group of yeti's??

just my thoughts. I'm still undecided about the whole yeti / bigfoot thingy

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrvingTheExplainer
Couple of things:
If that's it's natural environment, it's having quite a hard time climbing that hill.

Also, a couple of times as it takes a step I can see an "extra appendage" or something come between the body and the arm swinging back. Almost looks like a scarf or something.

I thought so too, but realized that's not the case. You need to not look at the humanoid, but at the background as well. Nar the end of the clip, you see what appears to be a third arm or scarf. It is in fact a long rock behidn the creature. What appears to be the upper arm on the right is in fact this rock "extending" as it walks by. The lower arm is the real arm. It's easier to see fi you hit the "menu" button in the lower right corner, as it makes the image smaller and less pixelated.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Himalayan folklore or crypto-primate..?

I've never been convinced that the yeti really exists.
Many nations and indeed regions of the world have ingrained folklore.
The Irish have leprechauns & banshees. In the U.K. Cornwall has pixies and fairies and other cultures of the world have their mythical beasts.
The video footage submitted is not the best to scrutinise and is likely to be the best 'evidence' available.
Yes, it shows a primate like creature in its natural habitat.
To my mindset something taps me on the shoulder and tells me that the actions of this creature are not quite right. I cannot quite pinpoint why.
I would also assume that a creature such as this would have a coat of fur/hair similar to that of a polar bear - white or cream - in colour yet this creature is dark and looks a dead ringer for a mountain gorilla.
I feel this may be a hoax.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't see anything to distinguish this from a guy wearing gloves and a parka with hood, and he didn't look very agile when he had to pick himself up off the ground. The horrible quality of the video would be inexplicable for any reason other than to disguise the prosaic subject matter.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by Lexion

hmm. I guess my finger missed the "h". Thanks for correcting me though.

I know it's completely off topic, but it's an ideal opportunity to inform... Actually either Neanderthal or Neandertal is acceptable spelling...

The Neanderthal (IPA: /niː.ˈændə(ɹ)ˌθɔːl/, also with /neɪ-/, and /-tɑːl/), (Homo neanderthalensis) or Neandertal was a species of the Homo genus that inhabited Europe and parts of western Asia.

Source

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sorry Posters, this is an an old fake that looks like it has been made more blurry. This is the alleged " Snow Walker " video done for a Fox television show called World's Greatest Hoaxes Exposed. I believe it was credited to a Fox producer. Not even shot in the Himalayas, LOL. Just do a search for Snow Walker.

Enjoy

Matt @ Post Pro

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I believe this is commonly known as the Snow walker video and has been around a while.
Personally I like it and in my very humble opinion rates with the Patterson Gimlin film, the later slightly better, but that's just my opinion.
I response to skybuff0's post:

"Anyways, the thing that got me questioning this video is the fur. While I will admit I don't know much about the creature, I find it odd that it has brown fur.

I mean if yeti supposedly live in the snowy high altitude of the Himalayas, wouldn't it make much more sense if the creature had white fur. I'd blend in much easier with the lands, making it easier evade predators or sneak on prey."

I read somwhere that it was believed the Yeti actually spent much of it's time in the high valleys of the Himalayas where snow was not as predominate and only crossed the higher snow clad areas to get to other valleys.
If you think about it this does make sense as apparently food sources are more plentiful in the valleys and of course fur colouring would be better suited to these locations.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

Yes...it is a hoax...

Here is the low down on it...

The Snow Walker film footage was one of the most elaborate hoax footage ever produced. It was created by the Fox Television Network, the same network that created the Alien Autopsy hoax video. The footage was created for Paramount's UPN show, Paranormal Borderland, ostensibly by the show's producers. The show ran from March 12 to August 6, 1996. Its origins had nothing to do with Fox Television, although Fox purchased and used the footage in their later program on The World's Greatest Hoaxes.

www.bigfootencounters.com...

Sorry folks, this one is a no go...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join