It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Embassy in Iraq DOCS ~leaked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Could this be bad handleing of info, or perhaps a leak? Today the following was released on the net, and I was hopeing to get some collaborative input on this. Opposing perspectives are encouraged, but not in a conflicting manner among each other. More so, as to encourage multiple angles of discussion.

This could just as well have gone into the "& other Facilties" forum, but it is more so based on the "Facility" docs. Just to clarify;

Why would info, pertaining to the embassy be released in Iraqi lang text, instead of english? Consider this a dual purpose thread, with lots of info disection. And why/how it pertains to the construction project.

The U.S. Embassy in Iraq is probably the most secure sensitive compartmented information facility on the planet.

The Iraqi Embassy in Washington, D.C. is not. I obtained these documents and a lot more from the trash bins behind the embassy.
Embassy

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Not all of Iraqi's in the USA speak or read English so many documents are translated for them at embassy level.

I remember driving through Fort Dix last year and there were directional signs on the side of the road in Farsi directing overseas troops for training assignments.

Kinda freaked me out at first, OK its still does as I never got an "official" explanation.

Will translate the document thats posted, stay tuned.......

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thank you, sounds like a deal and your time is appreciated.
There are some really great "terps" (interpreters), here at FOB Normandy, but every one is so busy, it's hard to get free time together. Hoped to get one to translate. How ever do to your offer though, maybe things will happen sooner.

Looking forward to your translation.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Seems to be old paper work, perhaps not worth desteroying, since every one in the area of, would know where it is any ways. Still, information security should be considered.

The Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Washington, D.C.
More Iraq Embassy Documents in the Trash

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Advisor,

Sorry for not responding earlier, there was nothing exciting or interesting on the papers, there are many more that have since been posted including an order for Domino's pizza!!

top topics

join