It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different to fit in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but then it is a 'general' section...

Why do so many teenages, decide they want to be different and then lable themselves? I see so many self proclaimed 'goths' and 'emos' walking around being 'different' but I can never tell them apart :S

Answeres anyone?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ah, adolescence. They are trying out their wings and want to be different, but they also want to be like their peers.

The people they're being different from is us old fuds. I believe they also can tell the difference between various Emos and Goths when we can't, much like a wine connoisseur can tell the difference between regions that wines came from by the flavors.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm so glad my children didn't do that weird crap!! The most trouble I have out of my daughter is low cut shirts..... I don't know where she gets that from?
But I am always telling her to pull that shirt up a bit
And my son is as normal as the day he was born...No drugs...A little drinking, but Thank God they are normal...both of them.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sorry but just got to jump in here.It's been a while since I was a teen but even then I dressed all in black, studs, mini skirt the whole punk thing.I was being both rebelious and trying to fit in.Every generation has it's thing.
Now, yes Iam goth.I wear all black.Listen to gothic music, watch movies and read books that are gothic.It is what Iam.I denied it for many years as I felt it would not be accepted for a mom my age to act and dress as such.I got over it, and am much happier because of it.There are different"levels" of goth, and yeah we can usually tell the difference.I do not agree with cutting, blood drinking or violence.To me goth is romantic and familiar.I never have fit in with other "normal" people.However now Iam accepted as nice and different, and a very good mom.Take that how you will.

join