It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Facility near my home?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I absolutely must know what this complex is for. I just found it looking on google earth and have never seen or heard of it before. I know how many great researchers are on ATS so I thought I would give this a shot. Not sure where else to find this out.

Google Maps

It seems to be a part of The Fort Devens Sudbury Training Annex, or "Ammunition Dump" as the Annex is locally known, is an inactive 2,450 acre site.

Sudbury training annex

This looks like it is being built and It is almost certainly military as it has the army star painted on the facility grounds. There is some sort of antennae next to a red and white painted wall or structure that is sunken in the ground.

North of this is a large circle compound with the main equipment situated in the center. It almost looks like a silo...It has fuel/electricity connections. It looks to be intentionally blocked from the north east.

Any insight or a full blown explanation would be appreciated. I mean...people have to know about this place...right?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If you live near there, then why don't you just go there and see for yourself?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RCarter
If you live near there, then why don't you just go there and see for yourself?

Well...I guess I will. If ATSers don't come up with anything conclusive.(im sure they will, though.) I just can't seem to find anything from my own research and wanted some help.

The problem is I have lived within 10 miles of here my whole life and I have NEVER heard of this place. Plus, its security gated and surrounded by swamp. I'm gonna climb Nobscot hill today to see if I can get a look from there.

Also, Ratheon is right down the street a few miles. They test and manufacture a lot of far-out tech. If it is from ratheon, it's a BIG project.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by METACOMET]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi there Metacomet,

is it poss a place were Raytheon test radar sytems ?? the lower circle looks very similar to a test bed here in the UK that is used by BAE and also by QinetiQ.

if you have any more details i may be able to help you out.

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk

is it poss a place were Raytheon test radar sytems ?? the lower circle looks very similar to a test bed here in the UK that is used by BAE and also by QinetiQ.

Thanks for trying to help me out on this one, snoopyuk.

From what I can tell the facility is not actually on raytheon land; but miles away. The land used to belong to Fort Devons but was given up to be conservation wetlands. But obviously something new has been built there.

Yes, Ratheon tests radar systems. $20.3 billion in 2006 sales. They have been in this area for a long time. Heres a pic of an old radar .

If it's not Ratheon, it might have something to do with Hanscom AFB. Its within pretty close proximity and strange stuff definately goes on there. (Hanscom is blurred in Google Earth.) Nothing conclusive comes up in any of my internet searches.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by METACOMET]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
if you google raytheon in ______(city) it will tell you what they make there on macraes website..... I typed in raytheon in sudbury (assuming thats where you live) and got this:

Research institute; manufactures search & navigation systems

www.macraesbluebook.com...

kinda broad there.... but who knows!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
yes , it def looks like it is a test facility,
they erect the masts or towers etc. and test them before they go to all the effort of building and testing them out in the assigned area.

and the fact that you say it is close to Hanscom AFB, they are a major electronic warfare facility so it may be connected to them.

snoopyuk

[edit on 22-7-2007 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
UPDATE: There is something strange going on here in the 'burbs.

Just to re-cap...The unknown Facility is on the former Fort Devens, Sudbury Training Annex.It lies 19 miles West of the city of Boston. It is 3 Miles from a major Raytheon facilty and 4 Miles from Hanscom AFB.

1.5 miles away is a FEMA bunker! I never knew this was here either. From what I can find it is the "Region One Comand Bunker". My guess is that this place ties into the unknown facility.

Something else I find somewhat strange are the PONDS to the east of the unknown facility. See the circle around them? Thats just not natural and neither are the ponds. If you zoom in and take a look maybe you can explain that...but I can't. The arrow pond points to the FEMA bunker.

If anyone can tell me what this placeis I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks for the help.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by METACOMET]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If you want ft devens secret
check outlocal.live.com...~-71.638297&style=a&lvl=18&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=391661&sp=Point.r2pm1090x400_what%20is %20it_hhhmmmmm__&encType=1

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Metacomet.

I looked at the picture for a bit and the surrounding area.

The large circular area that appears north (in the picture) of the big white star may be an underground fuel bunker. Cold war designs did this to avoid the blast wave of a nearby / near miss atomic strike. Some of the markings look very similar to a tank I have seen a few times when we have overflown part of Fort Hunter Ligget, CA on medical flights.

The star may be nothing more than a helo landing point. But Im not up on proper marking to be sure. They also use this type of thing to align INS / GPS in aircraft and field units, but neither of these seem appropriate for that venue.

The ponds do not seem anything special to my eye, but, if you can get some ground shots, or better yet a sample of the water to send for anylysis.

Notice the huge junk yard to the left of the complex when you zoom out?

Drive by and see what you can see. Thats what I usualy do.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The brown spot in the middle of the large circular area DOES look suspiciously like silo's, but from the max resolution i can get i doesn;t look like it could open, so, fuel tank, as someone said?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am intimately familiar with Fort Devens proper however not with the site you pictured or much of the Sudbury annex at all.

The smaller buildings definitely look like military construction.

However notice many larger vehicles are red in color, and note what appears to be a white-colored spill on pavement toward the center of the facility. Leads me to believe this may be a former piece of military land handed over the the state fire academy for training. Heck, it may even be the fire academy itself, I know it is in that area somewhere.

I am too tired to sit down and do lots of searches, but here is a MFA page with a photo, perhaps you can relate the structures in the photo to something you have seen:

www.mass.gov... ices&L4=Training+(MFA)&sid=Eeops&b=terminalcontent&f=dfs_mfa_about_mfa&csid=Eeops

And here are directions on how to get there, see where they lead to:

www.northeastgas.org...
I will give you some real Fort Devens food for thought...

The Oxbow National Wildlife Range just south of route 2, just east of Jackson Gate, has my vote for something odd going on. The barbed wire fences are pointing inward all around, and from personal experience I know that there is still a good deal of activity of some sort down there. I hesitate to get into furthur detail but seek and ye shall fine.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
OOps I forgot a couple things...see what happens when you post when you are tired...

FWIW, last I knew the Sudbury Annex was patrolled by the DoD police out of Natick Labs. I have long lost touch with the people I knew there but if you know someone from that post you may get more info.

And the most obvious thing of all for me to do if I suspect it is the MFA...why don't I just call up one of the many MA firefighters I know and ask them!!!! I just tried to reach a couple of them but everyone is at work now, I will try more later or tomorrow.

Let us know what you find, I am especially interested in seeing where those directions lead to.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Finally got ahold of a firefighter, he said that based on what I described to him, that is indeed the fire academy. However I didn't want to get into too much detail lest he wonder why I am asking about an aerial view of the place.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
what if just do it.

Well...I guess I will. If ATSers don't come up with anything conclusive.(im sure they will, though.) I just can't seem to find anything from my own research and wanted some help.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I would agree with the fire academy assessment.

If you look at the middle of the place you can see a whole lot of what looks to be foam buildup, probably by the guys who work the airport.

Inside the circle appears to be a training tower.

Just to the south of that, inclosed with a fence of some sort, looks to be a smoke chamber but I can't be certain about that.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i live near there... the fire fighters train there

top topics

join