It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque Washed Away In North-West Pakistan After Thunder Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
83 are confirmed dead after a thunder storm hit the North West Frontier in Pakistan. Dozens are still missing. A mosque was washed away in floods!

Death toll in thunderstorm in north-west Pakistan rises to 83

The death toll in the overnight lightning strikes and floods in Pakistan's North West Frontier Province (NWFP) has climbed to 83, officials said Saturday. Lightning and thunderstorms on Friday night struck the villages of Nashnamal Jabi and Banaya Kahur in Dir district, triggering flash floods in the area.

More than 20 houses and a mosque in NWFP were washed away in floods.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Daily Comet

"It seems the lightning triggered landslides, and boulders struck homes,"

The death toll is expected to rise. I wonder what really happened here. Lightning strikes, landslides and floods?

Related Thread:
Timber Smuggling With Rockets in Chitral, Pakistan

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Looks like God is punishing the radicals in that region?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The loss of life is of course sad, but I have to admit, I laughed when I first read this.

Now let me explain that, so no one thinks I'm a right-wing neocon.

See in my mind I pictured a big white mosque surfing on a big wave in the rain.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is truly tragic, 80-100 people dead in a natural disaster and many homes, buildings and places of worship destroyed. I sincerely feel for the people of that region.

Yet I'm also waiting for someone to blame Bush for all of it....

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Bad weather is hampering the rescue operation. The Pakistani army has been requested to help. An unknown number of worshippers were killed inside the mosque.

Khaleej Times Online - Storm kills more than 80 people in NW Pakistan

Local media reports said the lightning and floods killed up to 100 people.

Afzal Khan, a government official in the District of Dirbala, said authorities had requested the Pakistan army’s help in recovering bodies and transporting the injured, but bad weather was hampering the rescue operation.

Khan said the flood also destroyed a mosque, killing an unknown number of worshippers.

“We have been told that three villages have been badly damaged by the lightning, storm and floods,” he said, adding that the death toll was likely to go higher.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
Looks like God is punishing the radicals in that region?

Oh please, this is the worst comment here, whats wrong with you? Peoples houses, family, children have died, and thats all you can say.
Dont you think that these people you call radicals, say the same thing when something bad happens in the us, you talk just like them.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Seeing what else is going on in that area at the moment, it seems like this "thunder storm" was very convenient for some. Was it an attack, or was it actually the wrath of "the Gods"/"Mother Nature"?

BBC: Rocket attack on Pakistani city

25 July 2007

At least eight people have been killed and 40 injured after a rocket attack by suspected Islamic militants on a city in north-west Pakistan, police say.

Four rockets were fired into Bannu hitting a number of houses, a mosque and a shop, a police official said.

I didn't know that Islamic militants fired rockets at mosques... or maybe they missed their target and hit the mosque instead?

new topics

top topics

join