It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet me at the Empire State Building

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wow, thats amazing that you two you live in the same place, because I was wondering, maybe you can enter other people's dreams (or so to speak) only at a certain distance. I mean, if you're too far away, maybe you don't "receive" their brain signals.

Anyone live in British Columbia?

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Motion-Man]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Meh, if you guys are still trying to do this, I'll see when I have time to try and go to whereever your meeting place is, but for those having trouble getting to sleep and "Lucid Dream", there's a few vitamins that *supposedly* aid (at least) Dream recall, and can increase ''lucid dream rate''.

Or you could try playing those cheezy ''suggestive'' dream soundtracks.
Over and over again... "You will know, when you are dreaming, you will become lucid.. bla bla bla"

Anyway, when I have time?! How can you not have time in a dream?!
It's simple, I'm kinda like an Oneironaut, and where some people study dreams from the real world, communicating with the lucid dreamers through for example: eye movement, I communicate in certain areas with the people that are there that are ''more significant'' than others.

Eg.: There's a special island which I visited twice, in which an old man living in a giant tower, taught me some ''tricks'' in the world of lucid dreams.
One was to lengthen a Lucid dream, which went so far to extend dreamtime with 30x ''realtime''.

There's also a basement that got me to some kind of intergalactic internet, but the glyph on the wall that blocked the path and the gust of wind were the things that interested me the most, plus the fact that it's the only dream I remember in which I went back to that place, in ONE night sleep, over 5 times. (sleep.. find wall.. go through.. wake up... go back to sleep... end up at the wall again.. 5 times)

Anyway, to the guy that wanted to know about entering other people's dreams?
There's a lot about "Dream Sharing" in which you happen to be in the same dream, but there's also talk about "Entering other dreams", even to the extent that you can find it in some ''magic books'' talking about how you have to attack the barriers that someone has during his or her dream to get in, and be extremely strongwilled and stuff.

[edit on 27/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
First of all: Empire State building sounds nice, but has someone got links of pics, so that people not living in the US have a chance of noing what it looks like?!?

(Or let's change the location get a new thread with pictures of a place, so that we can all concentrate on the pic's to get to the same place!)

Secondly, it's going to take me (and others) a few days to get there, so why don't we just try to be there regularly for the whole next week...
US time is -8 to -5 GMT isn't it?
I sleep approx from 2 - 10 am GMT, that means something like 6-9pm to 2-5 am 'US-Time'. So it should be possible... Now I just have to find out how to enhance Lucid dreams... that's going to be a lot of reading + I need the pics and practice... meet you in the next few days!

Good Idea?

Sammy
p.s. if it's a new place: OP, please create a new thread with pics and a link from this one! cheers m8

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas
First of all: Empire State building sounds nice, but has someone got links of pics, so that people not living in the US have a chance of noing what it looks like?!?

images.google.nl...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I graduated with a B.S. in geography from NMSU in 05'. That is crazy. I go to milagro every morning to get coffee, at about 7:15 or 7:30 am If you wanted to meet me for real. I run a website that you should check out also....www.revolution2008.net

Wow seriously I am a Geography major!!!!!!! What the hell!???
I swear this is too crazy!!!!!!!!! Where is Milagro??? I can't believe it!!!! this is crazy!!!!! Can we meet up at corbet center this weekend?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
interesting thread but I believe for you to dream of a place you have to had seen what it looks like or else it just wont be that place, your mind will fill in the blanks with what it thinks should be there. So for this experiment to work who ever will be meeting you has to know what a) the inside of the building looks like b) what you look like c)you have to know what they look like d) you have to be sleeping at the same time. But I too have wondered if this theory is true, if you think of others when you dream, mostly for dreams where a person of the opposite sex is naked with you, I have thought Hmmm Could this mean this person has sexual thoughts about me aswell? I dont really know but I think it would be cool if it works

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Milagro is the coffee shop in that shopping center directly across the street from campus, where bennigans and the tucan market are, but I can meet you at corbet if you want. Crazy stuff, you are a geography major, lol. I loved Dr. Wright, and Dugas. Those guys are cool. Czerniak or whatever is a total loser.
I can't believe this. I didn't think there was a single other person from this town on ATS. Really really random..... Lets go out to lunch and get some mexican food tomorrow. Drink some beer or something. Let me know where you want to go.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
There's also a basement that got me to some kind of intergalactic internet,
[edit on 27/7/07 by -0mega-]

Wow Omega very interesting stuff! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I have been going through training and have only had 5 minute spurts to check the internet. But anyways when I read your post, it instantly made me think about the matrix. As some of you may know, the Matrix series is packed with loads of philosophical theories and symbolisms. I wonder if being "jacked into the matrix" is the same as going into the dream world? And perhaps the pill that Neo took is representive of consciousness during your dreams which occur in lucid dreaming.

Last night, I was going about dreaming random things like usual, but then towards the latter end of my dreaming, it was like a light bulb flicked on, and I said "I am in a dream". I was in full consciousness and I was thinking and talking to myself (in my brain) exactly like I do in real life. I said, "Now I need to go to the Empire State Building" and I faught almost waking up a few times. I am guessing it's a natural response. In my dream, I was still lucid, but I had to calm myself down, and kinda meditate/drift off so that I wouldn't wake up. I was not in new york at the time, and so I closed my eyes and pictured (because I googled the ESB) the Empire State Building and I was there. I noticed some people sitting outside of the building in chairs. I looked around and asked "Are any of you here from ATS?" There was a guy with light red/orangish hair (he reminded me of the shorter guy from Myth busters, but he was thinner and looked to be in the age range of 23-33) with glasses and I think a black shirt who was really excited and said "yes". And there was a man sitting next to him with medium/dark brown hair pulled back about mid shoulder length, and he said "yes" but he looked preoccupied with something else. If any of those guys sound like you let me know.

After that, I don't remember ever getting inside the lobby area, I think it was because I went into a deeper sleep and lost consciousness. It wasn't something I could really control, it just happened. I do believe the reason why I became lucid was because I wasn't sleeping a whole lot this week (getting up early and going to bed late) so since it is the weekend and I don't have to work, I slept in.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I loved Dr. Wright, and Dugas. Those guys are cool.

We can meet up at corbet today if you want. I can hang out for a little bit, but since it's getting close to the school year there is a lot I have to do. I think it's really cool that we live in the same place and have studied geography. I love Dr. Wright too
But just to make sure you're not pyscho, or a government worker, you have to tell me what Doctor Wright does that other professors don't do in class...it's so obvious.

Oh, and if you read this first, check your U2U's I put the time there.

And what will you be wearing?

[edit on 28-7-2007 by leira7]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
leira7 He'll be able to recognise you by the light saber right!?
Its pretty weird you guys living so close and doing the same course! Perhaps one of you drempt the other one up

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think that dreaming into the inside of a building is difficult and I suggest we at least change the location to the roof of the ESB, if there is enough room. I'm often on rooftops in my dreams, its relaxing.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Isnt it possible that while dreaming, that is if this works at all, even if we dont see the exact same things it could still be a "shared dream". I mean, if I never been to ESB but I dream I am there (or what my mind think is there) I could still "be there" ?

Our minds could just make up visual representations of the "dreamworld", and they could maybe look slightly different for the people there but still be essentially the same place?

Also, I dont always look entirely like myself in my dreams so that could be a problem, anyone else ever got this?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is a very exciting experiment if I must say. In my past I have had several vivid dreams and recall conversations that I have had with some of my long dead relatives. These conversations and the advice/guidance they gave me came out perfectly true just how they said it would be.

Sadly, I never asked for winning lottery numbers or where to find buried treasure (I'm not materialistic). But, the information they gave me allowed me to have a peace of mind.

Now, about this thread:

I'd like to suggest that if you are looking for a new meeting place make it somewhere where everyone knows the location. A place where everyone has seen time and time again. Like the following:

1) The White House Steps - This could be a great meeting place because the political scenario being all over the news and the changes that are upcoming. Everyone is looking at politics (even the uninterested) so this place is on almost everyone's minds.

2) The Great Pyramids - Everyone has seen this place (pictures, TV, and some in real life). Have the meeting take place at the base of the biggest pyramid. That way if people come they can look up at the pyramids and head towards the biggest one.

3) Stonehenge - Same description as The Great Pyramids just scaled down more.

There are a few more places I can think but I don't want to take over the thread- just help. I'd love to participate as well.

Another suggestion: Set aside a day (like Sunday night) when you can get more people home and settled in getting ready for the work week. That gives their minds time to process the meeting date in their subconscious and they would more than likely gravitate towards that place if it's on their minds.

Just go, don't preplan what you will wear or anything. Come back to the this site and tell everyone what you experience (if you made it). Be honest and who knows- we may find something wonderful out of this.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Thedreamur]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sorry I havent been in this thread a while, been a little busy, got distracted, But I LOVE this thread, and would love for it to carry on until we get something even more interesting, plus its fun anyway, instead of wasting time while asleep, maybe we can accomplish something.

Our minds have so much potential, its like the deepest ocean of thoughts and imagination, its like each one of us has a universe of possibilites in our mind.

Im going to try to go to the top of the Empire State Building tonight, if I meet someone, Ill be the guy asking for someone to come fly away with me, we will fly together to the stars! yay! Anyway, whoever reads this just try to go there, its better than dreaming random stuff. Good luck, have fun! woooooooooooooooooooo!

[edit on 30-7-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i haven't been on your sleep schedule until last night ... and that wasn't good either ... I dreamt a very fanciful, though still somewhat realistic dream ... I was with 2Pac of all people ... apparently, a down-to-earth nice guy
Interesting since I don't particularly listen to that music genre, and haven't for several years.

I will keep trying as I can ... it is a worthy effort I think.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thedreamur
I'd like to suggest that if you are looking for a new meeting place make it somewhere where everyone knows the location. A place where everyone has seen time and time again. Like the following:

1) The White House Steps -
2) The Great Pyramids -
3) Stonehenge -

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Thedreamur]

Of the three, I think it would be easier for me to picture stonehenge just because it's so simple. I would say the great pyramids too, but there are a lot more pyramids in Egypt than most people think so some of us might get lost. I would probably want to stay away from places like the white house, just because I really don't trust the government and I fear that they might try and stop anything like this because they don't want people to actually see that we are all connected in such a way. Definitley great suggestions.

I would like to know everyones input on changing the location and if any of you have more suggestions, please feel free to list them.

I am also very glad that you all seem very enthusiastic about this thread. I am as well and I do believe that we will see more come of this than any of us imagined.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by leira7]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingistrivial
leira7 He'll be able to recognise you by the light saber right!?
Its pretty weird you guys living so close and doing the same course! Perhaps one of you drempt the other one up

Well I don't have a real live one sadly
The truth is, he probably won't even be able to pick me out of the crowd. I can garauntee you that he won't be expecting me. I am very curious as to what he looks like, I wonder if I have dreamed of him before.

Originally posted by Motion-Man
I think that dreaming into the inside of a building is difficult and I suggest we at least change the location to the roof of the ESB, if there is enough room. I'm often on rooftops in my dreams, its relaxing.

You're right, but I have also found it difficult to get to the top of the building. I always trying to fly but I only end up floating and never reaching the top. I think it would be best if we all met at the base if we wanted to go to the ESB.

Originally posted by Twixly
Our minds could just make up visual representations of the "dreamworld", and they could maybe look slightly different for the people there but still be essentially the same place?
Also, I dont always look entirely like myself in my dreams so that could be a problem, anyone else ever got this?

What I believe is so interesting about the concept of people having different perspectives in the dream world is the fact that when we are in the real world, the same thing occurs. Perhaps in the real world our interpretations of places and things are also distorted due to our perceptive tendencies. This could explain why witness at crime scenes tend to have missing elements, different criminal descriptions, or varied takes on what event took place.

Oh and yes, sometimes in my dreams I am just not myself, but I think most of the time I am me in appearance with just a few modifications (i.e. better body) ...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My spidey-senses have failed me in meetin' ya at the Empire State building, hopefully we'll be able to meet again, probably in a scene from StarWars Episode:1. Instead of you takin' your fall down the endless pitt I could help ya in this dream with my web-saber and beat some jedi behind. We could rewrite the history of Starwars without gettin' sued by George Lucas
.If you could tell me when ya sleepin' tonight this event could happen , or I'll end up in some sick alien dream(lke the one I had last night)

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I think the Empire State Building leaves a lot to be desiered for this, its waaay too big, its hard to even imagine it.
I think the suggestion of stonehenge is a good one, in the center of that you cant go too wrong, also its suppost to be more of a mystical place so maybe thatl help, who knows.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think that is a better place too. I am wondering if I could change the name of this thread. If not, then I will just start up another one and call it "Mass Dream Experiment: Stonehenge"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join