It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet me at the Empire State Building

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Count me in. Would love to try this, how does tonight sound? On the roof so we have a skyline view, should we have some sort of passcode?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This sounds like a cool idea but I see two major problems with it:
1)When you are dreaming, whether lucid or un-lucid, every single thing that you see, touch, smell, and feel is created by your mind.
2)I have had many dreams where my friends are with me, and they never can recall those dreams. Just like they have told me I have been in their dreams when I know that I haven't.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
yea the phoenix came up with the passcode, we just say "nice view up here" and we'll know. I will be going to the empire state every night so whenever you get there hopefully we'll meet up.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semiazas
This sounds like a cool idea but I see two major problems with it:
1)When you are dreaming, whether lucid or un-lucid, every single thing that you see, touch, smell, and feel is created by your mind.
2)I have had many dreams where my friends are with me, and they never can recall those dreams. Just like they have told me I have been in their dreams when I know that I haven't.

I see what you mean, but I figure that if we get enough people thinking about it and actually going there, we might be able to catch onto something. Many people believe that that we are all of the same essence and that the human consciouness is connected. I don't find it impossible to fathom, I think that the more times we test this, the closer we can come to finding out if we can experience things at the same timewith "strangers" when we dream. Skeptism is welcome though. It's nice we can talk about this and see where there may be some problems.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn

Originally posted by leira7
lol very funny...I fixed it...Are you going to try the experiment?

Unfortunately Leira I'm from the UK, so the time differences would mean I'd be asleep before you for a good few hours - might even be the next day before you go to sleep.

I'd be willing to try it if the time zones weren't in the way.

That doesnt matter, the more people the better, just go to sleep your usual time, and think about going there, if everyone does this, there must be someone who will be there the same time, by the way Im from the UK too, I just went to sleep really late last night haha.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
you sure did phoenix! you must have went to bed at like 4am. well I sent my british friend off to sleep hopefully this person will be able to go through with meeting the rest of you UK'ers at the Empire State.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I read this thread last night before I went to bed. So I thought about it before I fell asleep. I have very Lucid dreams, also I feel my dreams have personal meaning. If I have a tough decision I will often dream about it. If I analyze the dream I often discover what I truly feel about a situation.

I did try to make it to the Empire State building in my dreams last night. I was out of luck though. My car broke down on the Thruway just East of Buffalo. Well I actually burned the clutch out of it. In real life I drive an automatic. It's been years since I drove a standard.

edit - spelling

[edit on 21-7-2007 by Verhasst]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verhasst
I did try to make it to the Empire State building in my dreams last night. I was out of luck though. My car broke down on the Thruway just East of Buffalo. Well I actually burned the clutch out of it. In real life I drive an automactic. It's been years since I drove a standard.

lol, since you have so much control over your dreams, did it ever occur to you that you could fly to the Empire State? Who drives, in dreams? j/k

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

lol, since you have so much control over your dreams, did it ever occur to you that you could fly to the Empire State? Who drives, in dreams? j/k

I can’t fly in my dreams, I can only levitate with a bit of forward velocity.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verhasst

I can’t fly in my dreams, I can only levitate with a bit of forward velocity.

Have you ever been able to teleport yourself anywhere? I did that last night

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Do you remember anything else from your dream, I had some dreams but I dont recall anything about The empire state bulding, maybe tonight Ill have better luck.

yea for a brief second there was someone else there with short straight light brown hair a male around 5'7-5'10 he was skinny but then he dissappeared. The guy with the black curly hair was more on the podgy side and he kept talking about ATS and this thread. But it could have just been my mind making things up since no one has commented on being that person. Everything was kind of smeared together and the empire state building kept jumping back and forth from New York to my room.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

yea for a brief second there was someone else there with short straight light brown hair a male around 5'7-5'10 he was skinny but then he dissappeared. The guy with the black curly hair was more on the podgy side and he kept talking about ATS and this thread. But it could have just been my mind making things up since no one has commented on being that person. Everything was kind of smeared together and the empire state building kept jumping back and forth from New York to my room.

None of those 2 really sound like me, anyway, Ill try again tonight, and every night.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I dream every night and remember most of them. I dont believe you will need to have a password or anything. The key is to tell your self every night before u go to sleep that you are going to go to the empire state building. The other thing we would need to do is pick a partner to do this with. someone that isnt doing the research with us. All the info the dreamer gets he or she needs to tell there partner. The non participating partners need to give all the info to one master person that can relay back all the facts. this is needed because once one person starts saying who they might have seen or what they have seen, other people may try to say the same. there needs to be one person putting the info into a data base. Some one like the site owner(s). Maybe we could ask them to help with this. To make a real study of this, it must be done this way. But there may be better ways. Anyone have an idea. We just have to make sure this is all validated correctly.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

goodness I woke up this morning and was about to see if anyone else had posted and then all of a sudden we've made it to the popular section. Woohoo!
Ok so about the name of this post... good idea ImaDamnAlien btw
I was thinking about mixing what you had and call it
"Mass Dream Experiment:Empire State Building"
what do you guys think?

Hey hey,
Thanks

Mass Dream Experiment: Empire State Building......

Now how do you contact the "Mod Squad?"

They have the power to change the title.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I also am on mountain time, I will be the drugged looking dude, with an AK-47 and a milkshake.

I dont know if your kidding or not, or I was playing way to much TS (a game mod where you do stunts and its ultra fast paced, but i have not played it in weeks!) or lacking some HK cinima but i had a dream that was out of a john woo film and I died, hardcore riddled with bullets!! DONT GO TO THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING its not safe! lol or it was just the two causes I stated above.

All I remember is being extremly pissed off and getting loaded up from behind!!!! Man you guys anit nice. Mind you my dream ended after that, I woke up and was like HOLY crap lol.

Sounds crazy, but I hope it was just me, or if this is real, you guys are freaking violent.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
if no one minds i would like to try this experiment. one of my friends and i had the same dream that we were fighting each other (we actually were too) and i want to know if its possible with other people. just tell me wat i gotta do please cause i didn't read all of the pages. too much for me to read. I would be sitting here reading it for like 3 days. well not really that long but it would take a while.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
I dont know if your kidding or not, or I was playing way to much TS (a game mod where you do stunts and its ultra fast paced, but i have not played it in weeks!) or lacking some HK cinima but i had a dream that was out of a john woo film and I died, hardcore riddled with bullets!! DONT GO TO THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING its not safe! lol or it was just the two causes I stated above.

All I remember is being extremly pissed off and getting loaded up from behind!!!! Man you guys anit nice. Mind you my dream ended after that, I woke up and was like HOLY crap lol.

Sounds crazy, but I hope it was just me, or if this is real, you guys are freaking violent.

Holy #! I don't think it was just you.
I wish I wouldn't have checked the thread earlier but it doesn't matter, here is what I dreamed last night:

I was at the empire state. It was strange, I was hanging around this teenage girl and we were trying to both get to the empire state. She was angry about her dad ruining her birthday party but that has nothing to do with it.

At one point in the dream we were floating up the building and there was this guy with shoulder length medium/dark brown hair and a red streak going through it, anyway he had on a faded leather trench coat (he was totally bad ass) and he just stared at us, (he was floating too). I never got to the top, and it was daylight by then (in the morning I think)

Somewhere mid-dream, I was back on the ground and I felt the need to hide. I went into this opening in a stairwell (it was going into the ground so I am assuming it was to the subway) but I couldn't get in all the way so I pretended like I was dead. For some reason I was really scared at this point because I also heard gun shots but it was like some sort of futuristic scene from a movie. There we people looking down at me, and they said, "there he/she (can't give away my sex) is, he/she's okay" It was like they were the good guys, like super police or something. It was so strange. I just remember the stairwell being severly crumbled and people running up it. I felt like I was in another time, like in the future.

Strange huh? I don't know if we had the same dream but I'd say it's a possibility.

(edited because I forgot to quote)

(edited again because I gave away my sex O.O )

[edit on 23-7-2007 by leira7]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Short_Man
if no one minds i would like to try this experiment. one of my friends and i had the same dream that we were fighting each other (we actually were too) and i want to know if its possible with other people. just tell me wat i gotta do please cause i didn't read all of the pages. too much for me to read. I would be sitting here reading it for like 3 days. well not really that long but it would take a while.

oh and you can totally jump in on the fun if you don't mind being shot up...lol J/k......................... (not really)
The more people we get in on this, the better we can determine if our dreams are connected. Pretty much all you have to do is get to the top of the Empire State and see if you can find anyone else there. If you do see someone start talking about the view from up top to see if they are one of us, and if you forget to do that, then just talking about the site and this thread
Happy dreamin'

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thats crazy, because I Was shot in the lobby by some thing I cant even remember, all I remember is being extremely pissed off about it though, and my mind was like OMG THIS SUCKS, and i didn't have anything to fight back with, but fist and feet ahhah, which never got that far. Thats pretty scary though, maybe we had the dream same time but it was in different positions of the empire state building. For all I could know i was a victum of cross fire between two crazy killers hahaha.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

oh and you can totally jump in on the fun if you don't mind being shot up...lol

The more people we get in on this, the better we can determine if our dreams are connected. Pretty much all you have to do is get to the top of the Empire State and see if you can find anyone else there. If you do see someone start talking about the view from up top to see if they are one of us, and if you forget to do that, then just talking about the site and this thread
Happy dreamin'

Is this some kind of test, to see who can get to the top alive, you got like goons or something waiting for us behind every door, this isnt as easy as it seems because the moment I walked in (it was hazy and it was dusk outside) I die. You said this was a meeting not some kind of deathmatch XD

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join