It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet me at the Empire State Building

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i never dream that i am aware of.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am definately up for this one. I am on GMT but am pretty much always tierd (thanks to the big scheeme of things) so I could drift off when ever I am needed.

A little notice and I am with you guys. Great idea too OP!!

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
lol good thread, i'll check up on this.
I have absolutely no control over my dreams, I wish i could play too : (
And even if i did manage to do it i probably woudln't remember anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You might have more luck if you are trying to actually astral project to a certain location, rather than just dream about it.

AP'ers regularly meet at the pyramids and sphinx, mount everest, and other large, recognizable locations. As well as non-physical locations.

[edit on 7/21/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

That second part of that statement is the key. Psychologists agree that everyone dreams, you may just not remember it. There are numerous tricks to help you remember, and even control your dreams, if you are interested...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This sounds kind of interesting. Have you guys already done this experiment? I would like to give it a go. I am on mountain time. I have been to Empire State building a couple of times.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Originally posted by andy1033

That second part of that statement is the key. Psychologists agree that everyone dreams, you may just not remember it. There are numerous tricks to help you remember, and even control your dreams, if you are interested...

go on then, explain. i will probably only find out that i fream about rubbish only.

When i was young i used to remember my dreams and they seemed to have alot of symbolism to what is happening in todays world. I am not sure if i want to remember my dreams though, but tell us what techniqes and i may give it a go.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You know, this thread has got me wondering.......I met Elvis in a dream once, years ago, when he was still alive.....

My husband has had several instances when he dreamed of people giving him their names and detailed information, even managing to retain the names and details after he woke and write them down.......thinking it might be a premonition of something, since it was so specific. Hadn't considered the possibility that it might have been another 'dreamer' intruding......interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have no control over my dreams. If I do dream at all, I rarely remember them.

I'd like to participate in this but I have no clue how. I just go to sleep and that's it. Nothing complicated.

Interesting theory though that dreamers see other dreamers. That'd be really amazing if science could ever prove that true.

But, good luck to all of you participating! I'll be checking back for results.

[edit on 7/21/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wish I could control my dreams whenever I wanted too... Hardly ever happens though. I heard lucid dreaming takes awhile to train yourself to do it.

I don't believe that anyone doesn't dream... Wouldn't that involve Not thinking? I don't normally remember my dreams anymore, unless I think about them right right when i wake up. If i relies it's a dream when I'm dreaming it, thats when I take control... My short attention span usually takes what seems to be a few minutes of fun to kick in, and then I forget that I am dreaming and lose control.

I have heard of people 'walking through walls" in their dreams and opening doors and having whatever room they want on the other side... Also seeing them selfs sleeping exactly how they are in "reality."

I don't think this will work simply because, The people in 'reality' are figures of our imagination and the people in out 'dreams' are as close as we get to a 'reality'... Think about it... why do we control our 'reality' but not our dreams that apparently are in our minds?

The only thing separating it is "I can't feel in my dreams" but, you can do allot more and sometimes I Can feel.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
goodness I woke up this morning and was about to see if anyone else had posted and then all of a sudden we've made it to the popular section. Woohoo!
Ok so about the name of this post... good idea ImaDamnAlien btw
I was thinking about mixing what you had and call it
"Mass Dream Experiment:Empire State Building"
what do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
After reading some more of the comments, I see that many of you have difficulty with dreams whether it be controlling them or even remembering them at all. As some of you may know, there are tricks that can help you with this problem.

One of my friend's had a short term memory and said it would be impossible for him to remember a dream. After we started hanging out more frequently he told me that he started remembering fractions of his dreams. We lived around the same area (in Dorms) and I don't know if it was because he was around me or if it was just the constant thought and discussion of dreams that made him start remembering. I think it might be the latter, because people think about what they're doing before they do anything and if you're not thinking about remembering your dreams, then you won't, possibly. Just a thought.

I have to keep thinking about things as well. I had to keep reminding myself about the Empire State Building last night so that I wouldn't forget to go in my dream. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me and I don't know if I was really there or still in my room but I drempt that I left my body and was headed for the Empire State. I did see someone but I don't know if my mind just made this person up. It was a pale skinned male with curly black hair somewhere in his late teen's or 20's---any takers?

I know that this can work if we keep at it. I forgot to tell you guys, that one time me and my sister had the same dream but during, we didn't know the we were sharing the same dream. We woke up and started talking about how cool our dream was. Describing the same things, (volcanoes, candy shop, man on a motorcycle) and then that is when we realized that we where in the same dream. We haven't been able to do it since though, sadly.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here are some people that have met at the Empire "building" and look what happened:

www.youtube.com...

Sometimes you can't control the "Empire meeting".

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
leira7 do you have an avatar? I can't quite see it.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
leira7 do you have an avatar? I can't quite see it.

lol very funny...I fixed it...Are you going to try the experiment?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me and I don't know if I was really there or still in my room but I drempt that I left my body and was headed for the Empire State. I did see someone but I don't know if my mind just made this person up. It was a pale skinned male with curly black hair somewhere in his late teen's or 20's---any takers?

Do you remember anything else from your dream, I had some dreams but I dont recall anything about The empire state bulding, maybe tonight Ill have better luck.
I dreamt about, some sort of racing with kids, Then something about my father, and brother, and something about someone selling stuff,then something about a toilet haha, pretty random stuff. Lets hope I get more lucid this time.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
lol very funny...I fixed it...Are you going to try the experiment?

Unfortunately Leira I'm from the UK, so the time differences would mean I'd be asleep before you for a good few hours - might even be the next day before you go to sleep.

I'd be willing to try it if the time zones weren't in the way.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn

Unfortunately Leira I'm from the UK, so the time differences would mean I'd be asleep before you for a good few hours - might even be the next day before you go to sleep.

I'd be willing to try it if the time zones weren't in the way.

That's ok, I actually have a really good friend who lives near Derby who can go to the empire state and meet you there. I talk to this person everyday online and in fact am talking to this person now
so feel free to do it tonite and this person will let me know

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
could be possible

i think this has happened befor to ppl

or you cound be a mind reader and you can go into ppls dreams with out even knowing it

of some one cound be hacking into your brain

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I also am on mountain time, I will be the drugged looking dude, with an AK-47 and a milkshake.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join