It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrating to U.S. Pricing set to SKYrocket!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Many fees to skyrocket by end of the month — $1,010 for a green card

Immigrants could end up paying thousands of dollars more to enter and stay in the country after July 30, when dozens of application fees will double or even triple, sparking opposition from a broad coalition of activists and a rush by immigrants to submit their paperwork before the little-publicized changes take effect.

Altogether, 39 fees will rise an average of 66 percent, but some of the largest increases will come in charges for the most basic documents immigrants must seek. Most notably, the fee to apply for a green card, establishing legal residence in the United States, will almost triple, from $395 to $1,010.

Fees for 39 immigration applications and documents will rise sharply on July 30. Among them:

Permanent residence (green card)
Old fee: $395
New fee: $1,010
Application for citizenship
Old fee: $400
New fee: $675

Petition for a non-immigrant worker
Old fee: $190
New fee: $320

Travel document application
Old fee: $170
New fee: $305

Special immigrant petition
New fee: $375

Employment authorization
Old fee: $180
New fee: $340

Petition for alien fiance(e)
Old fee: $170
New fee: $455

Petition for alien relative
New fee: $355

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This should not hurt illegals at all, after all they are call illegals because they refuse to use legal means to be here.

So it will not stop them and it will not make them become legal either.

This will only hurt the ones that chose to follow legal procedures from the begining.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. I`ve got a job offer on my desk from a company in Los Angeles that I`ve been hedging on. That`s one or two more expenses I can`t be bothered with right there... so into the round file it goes.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What's the going rate for

an Exodus????

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Dg I think that it will be less expensive for this nation just to pay illegals to go back home.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Thanks for posting that. I`ve got a job offer on my desk from a company in Los Angeles that I`ve been hedging on. That`s one or two more expenses I can`t be bothered with right there... so into the round file it goes.

IIRC the company hiring you has to pay the fees. Your sponsor covers application fees, etc and they would be your sponsor. You wouldn't have to pay anything.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Dont worry, Marg. They'll be going home in droves soon enough. At least they wont be dying to come here anymore.

No more 57 Chevy's floating in the Atlantic, is my guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by vox2442

IIRC the company hiring you has to pay the fees. Your sponsor covers application fees, etc and they would be your sponsor. You wouldn't have to pay anything.

you could have told me that *before* i emptied the ashtray.

could have been worse, i could have shredded it...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You now, it saddens me that as a country we have become so despicable and overly
capitalistic that we charge people to immigrate here.

This country was found on immigration, yet we seem to be forgetting that heritage more
and more anymore.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yes but at least terrorists will have to pay more to become a resident.

But seriously tho, The United States is a pretty populated area, so instead
of having many immigrants coming here and taking your jobs, they made
it more difficult. Now the Americans have less to complain about.
I hope.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Yes but at least terrorists will have to pay more to become a resident.

But seriously tho, The United States is a pretty populated area, so instead
of having many immigrants coming here and taking your jobs, they made
it more difficult. Now the Americans have less to complain about.
I hope.

There will always be an issue to why things aren't right. Real or fabricated. That's just how it goes...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just had to have a reference to anchor these new prices, so I looked around briefly... I'm not sure what I think of the prices, but the increase brings us pretty much in-line with UK and Canada's fees. For somebody who has decided to make a major change in their life, I don't think a few hundred more dollars is going to change their mind. Look at all the folks from places like China that pretty much enter indentured servitude for the rest of their lives to be here illegally.

Britain's fee (also recently increased, apparently):
www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk...

Canada's
www.canada-immigration.biz...

The above are for those interested, it doesn't change our proposed fee increases, but I find it useful to anchor the numbers down so I know what I'm looking at relatively. A thousand bucks is less than the average adult male in this country makes in a week, not a bad deal to sacrifice a week's pay for the opportunity of a better life. It's a big increase percentage-wise, but you can be sure there will still be a huge application backlog and wait.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Looking over the prices I was say that those are good deals and really a small price to pay to come stay and work in the USA.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to come to this ridiculous country anyway, most of the people here are so morally corrupt they wouldn't recognize a shred of decency if it slapped them in the face. And besides that, America can hardly be considered the land of the free anymore, the government is shoving it's nose so far up everyone's behind they can probably tell you how many corn kernels American citizens have pooped within the last year. The Constitution hardly exists anymore, sure you can still own guns but wooptie doo because a dozen armed officers in full riot gear can come and take away your little guns anytime they please if you raise the wrong eyebrows. Freedom of speech? Sure you can say whatever you like but only because nobody cares what you have to say, if your words ever carry any actual authority or power somehow then you'll be gagged. If foreigners had any real awareness of what it's like in this country now, they'd be fools to want to come here.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Oh poor immigrants coming to the USA, we treat them so bad dont we?

Please.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i think many people will be trying to exit the united states when the financial situatiion steadily declines over the next year and a half

oil being bought in dollars is the biggest single player in the world financial economy and the dollar is giving away the "title" . they are trying to organize a steady exit, to avoid a world recession it is not going to be pretty to live hear in another year

not to mention the housing market and the credit market tightening up that the stock market is taking a beating and soon consumer's will feel the pinch even more, as the official public psychology changes

umm buy gold and good luck

new topics

top topics

join