It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeFazio asks, but he's denied access

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

DeFazio asks, but he's denied access

www.oregonlive.com

Oregonians called Peter DeFazio's office, worried there was a conspiracy buried in the classified portion of a White House plan for operating the government after a terrorist attack.

As a member of the U.S. House on the Homeland Security Committee, DeFazio, D-Ore., is permitted to enter a secure "bubbleroom" in the Capitol and examine classified material. So he asked the White House to see the secret documents.

On Wednesday, DeFazio got his answer: DENIED.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You've got to be kidding me!!! If this doesn't send a message to people... then nothing will.

It's obvious what the Bush Administration's plans are... is there any other way to explain it?

What do you all think?

www.oregonlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nah, this is just the admin being its usual juvenile self...denying ppl information just because they can and also not giving their critics any ammunition.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not so sure uber..
If anything they are giving the critics more ammo.

As a member of the Homeland Security Committee, DeFazio
should be able to examine the classified documents, shouldn't he?
Considering it involves the resumption of his job in the event of
a crippling terrorist attack, doesn't he have a right to know?

What's the administration hiding here?
What's so classified that they don't want him seeing?

Very curious..
Great find Infoholic

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
More interesting bits from the article..

Norm Ornstein, a legal scholar who studies government continuity at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, said he "cannot think of one good reason" to deny access to a member of Congress who serves on the Homeland Security Committee.
This is the first time DeFazio has been denied access to documents. DeFazio has asked Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., to help him access the documents.

Now I find it a bit disturbing when the conservatives
at AEI can't find a good reason for the denial.

I hope DeFazio and Thompson keep digging..

"Maybe the people who think there's a conspiracy out there are right," DeFazio said.

Now that says a lot, especially coming from a congressman.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
...denying ppl information just because they can and also not giving their critics any ammunition.

I respectfully disagree, uberarcanist... this isn't "usual juvenile" actions. In these times, especially one of which Bush "cries wolf" about constantly... what reasonable explanation could he give to warrant denying "Homeland Security" anything? The Homeland Security Committee as a whole should see this as a "red flag"... plain and simple. This action is sickening. This action could very well be construed as but one step for Bush accepting a singular role in a dictatorship that he's about to take control of, by severing the role of the Legislative Branch in our Government.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Mr. Info, I've just seen nothing but scare tactics from this administration for practically six years now and therefore I just can't take it seriously anymore.

When, oh, when is this seizure of power going to take place??? Are the predictions of major happenings credible at all anymore?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Mr. Info, I've just seen nothing but scare tactics from this administration for practically six years now and therefore I just can't take it seriously anymore.

What do you call 9/11? A company picnic?

Are the predictions of major happenings credible at all anymore?

They got us in and have kept us in Iraq for coming on 5 years now.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
9/11 is only something that you could pull of once in a million years. And I don't think anyone's going to go for another "Iraq". Once bitten, twice shy.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
why would the continuity of the government be sensitive if the government is the people? Shouldnt we have a right to know? Thats absurd. How is this man with less then 30% popularity still powerful enough to do these things. No one should be supportive of this kind of secrecy especially when it comes to revealing it to Homeland security...if there is a leak there then we are in trouble with or without an attack. Wouldnt it make sense fo these people to KNOW NOW rather then later what should take place in that event? This is bullcrap.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The "scare tactics" used by the current Administration, only capable of being pulled off once in a million years (
) was something that allowed said Administration the ability to bastardize the Constitution over and over throughout the past 6 years, of which would actually in turn change the actions from "scare tactics" to a realistic ill doing towards our Nation. Hardly scare tactics in my opinion.

As far as thinking no one would go for another "Iraq"... :shk:
You can view it as "once bitten, twice shy"... but I'm sure they view it as "a lesson learned, we'll have to do it another way". If this Administration was able to do it once... you bet your rear end... they'll do it again. Only this time, they'll do it with your approval or not.

And to steer us back on topic...

Hence... the article, not being about 9/11, but about denying a Congressman... a Homeland Security Committee member at that... documentation that would do one of two things...

1) Ensure the ongoing rule of the Constitution

or...

2) Ensure an utter and total takeover of the U.S. and instill a dictatorship.

Which reason do you believe they would be trying to hide from a Homeland Security Committee member?

[edit on 7/20/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Warnings are coming from everywhere, from congressman in capitol hill from both side of the arena, from members in the white House that see and listen to what is going on from former white house positions.

They are warnings about what is going on in our nation's government in power but still people do not want to see the truth.

This not longer about conspiracies but series of events that are real as the bills under the executive powers this president we have is writing and signing without congress votes.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
You've got to be kidding me!!! If this doesn't send a message to people... then nothing will.

It's obvious what the Bush Administration's plans are... is there any other way to explain it?

What do you all think?

What is obvious here is the very compartmentalized thinking of some people.

Now before I go any further, I agree that maybe there is something that is being covered up.

But I won't limit my thinking to just that one possible explanation.

Maybe, just maybe, DeFazio isn't as clean as we all would like to think he is. Maybe he is under some investigation that we are unaware of.

Plausible? You bet.

And maybe there was just some stupid administrative or clerical error, and he'll have all the access he wants tomorrow.

I'm just sayin' - try thinking outside the box once in a while.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Maybe the administration can't take a joke?

DeFazio wants ’investigation’ into Vermont’s Simpsons win

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - U.S. Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Springfield is still piqued that his hometown wasn’t chosen to host the premiere of the upcoming animated film "The Simpsons," particularly since "Simpsons" creator Matt Groening is an Oregon native.
"Unless they passed a law giving cows the right to vote, this smacks of election fraud," DeFazio writes, tongue planted firmly in cheek. "It also once again highlights the need for electronic voting with a valid paper trail. Was Diebold in any way involved in tabulating the results?..."

So DeFazio is the one that wrote that spoof letter to AG Gonzalez..
I don't know if that had anything to do with
his denied access, but I wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Or maybe this has something to do with it:

DeFazio blocks mock military draft (June 28, 2007)

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. House today accepted legislation proposed by Rep. Peter DeFazio that would prohibit the Selective Service from conducting a mock draft.
"There's no scenario under which the Pentagon, the White House or this Congress, believes we're going to return to a draft," DeFazio said. "These funds would be wasted with this exercise."

This is getting quite interesting..

[edit on 7/21/2007 by aecreate]

[edit on 7/21/2007 by aecreate]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Warnings are coming from everywhere, from congressman in capitol hill from both side of the arena, from members in the white House that see and listen to what is going on from former white house positions.

They are warnings about what is going on in our nation's government in power but still people do not want to see the truth.

That's what's got me too. "Important people" are coming out of the wood work like, "hey, listen up...".

Very disturbing.

Bring your umbrellas, there's a 50% chance of rain.

aecreate
DeFazio blocks mock military draft...

Oh no. That's about all I can seem to manage. All the pieces are coming together very nicely.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by NoobieDoobieDo]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
What do you call 9/11? A company picnic?

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

The signs are all around that Bush is pushing for a police state: all the executive orders he's signed including continuity of government and takeover of personal property, 9/11, the looming threat of a nuclear weapon here on American soil, "It would be much easier if we were a dictatorship and I was the dictator", "Don't throw around the Constitution at me, it's nothing but a goddamn piece of paper, I'm the president and I do what I want"..... What else are we waiting for? Does a nuclear bomb have to be detonated on American soil before we take action? WE MUST DO SOMETHING!!!!

I was talking to a friend online today telling him to be prepared for the upcoming domestic crisis. We have talked about it before so it wasn't the first mention of it. However, he got very upset and started calling me childish names. He was in extreme denial which I feel is how most Americans will react to you telling them things like this. They are sheep and they don't want to believe the obvious truth that is right there in front of them. They refuse to do their own research. It's a horrifying realization to know one day that everything you have learned in life about how your society is run is a lie. You can't blame them for not wanting to know, but we must do something to make them see the light. There were times in our lives where we wouldn't have believed it either.

It is interesting how the brain works. The same nerve centers in your brain are fired when you see a visual stimulation or whether you imagine it. Your brain does not know the difference, so which reality are you really experiencing? Do you know when Columbus and his ships were about to land in the new world, only the Shaman could see the ships? Noone else could see the ships because it had never been part of their reality and they would have nothing to compare them to for understanding. All they saw were the ripples of the water coming. The same scenario is happening now. American people have never had to live in tyranny so they don't see it as part of their reality. Until they do start seeing it as part of their reality, it won't become part of it for them. Unfortunately by that time it may be too late.

[edit on 7/21/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
"There's no scenario under which the Pentagon, the White House or this Congress, believes we're going to return to a draft," DeFazio said. "These funds would be wasted with this exercise."

You should show the whole article. It explains it better when seeing the whole section rather than just that little bit.
So obviously DeFazio felt this way a month ago, and now with light of today's discovery he certainly understands why. It's just one more step over the edge.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Is anyone else talking to other people about this (offline) ? I know a few other people who are "in the know" and they are going crazy over these recent developments as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Initially I considered the possibility that because his request was spurred by expressions of concern on the part of citizens, someone might have feared that some aspects of the classified material might end up in the public domain. However, the article's statement that "This is the first time DeFazio has been denied access to documents," would seem to indicate that he has been trusted with access before this particular incident.

I'm not an alarmist or "Bush-basher," but unless there is something we don't know about DeFazio himself that makes them unwilling to allow him access (which I would think should have disqualified him from being a member of the Homeland Security Committee in the first place,) I have no choice but to find this at least slightly disconcerting.

[edit on 7/21/2007 by AceWombat04]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join