It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Outlaws War Protest. Citizens Face Full Asset Seizures.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Bush Outlaws War Protest. Citizens Face Full Asset Seizures.

www.rense.com

In one of his most chilling moves to date against his own citizens, the American War Leader has issued a sweeping order this week outlawing all forms of protest against the Iraq war.

President Bush enacted into US law an 'Executive Order' on July 17th titled "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq"

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
And so it begins. I cant believe no one in the Media or Congress has made a peep about this.

The next phase will be the actual application of this new law.
When people start getting arrested for this, and the numbers grow higher. The media will begin brainwash the population into getting comfortable with the idea of rounding-up protesters, dissenters, and so-called undesirables.

I feel a wave of dread cover me still as I read this article. This is a day I knew was coming. First they banned protest in the UK (the test bed). Now that it comes here in the USA I am still shocked. We are truly living in the beginning of very dark times. 10-20 years ago, I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined a dark future like this.

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just a word of advice, never believe anything coming from Rense.com.

Nobody's talking about it because it is not true. However much I wish it was, it's not.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Verry scary indeed.
There are many laws moved into place using the stepping stone strategy.

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
The next phase will be the actual application of this new law.

This is when most people will realise what has been happening in the recent years back.
Will it be to late than.
I am sure that is the plan.

Arrest you for anti war demonstration, seizing your property and your children.
Than put you to work in those large camps they made ready and put you to work.
The only way to find cheap labour and compete with the ever growing chineese market

So many laws are beeing put into place that took away our human rights that if they are all set to motion , we have the most dictatorial system in written history.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It just so happens that Rense, Whatreallyhappened.com and PrisonPlanet do carry newstories that foretell the truth and are the first to have it in print.

I've yet to read something that was a flat out lie from any of these people.
You may not agree, that's up to you, but i wouldnt discount them as being loons.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
[edit on 20-7-2007 by dgtempe]

Edn

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
How credible is whitehouse.gov?

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I read the article, but I find it difficult to see how protesters are covered by this executive order.

I am not a fan of Dubya, I think he's an amoral, pit-scratching porch monkey, but I just don't see the conclusions that the article's author came to.

Edn

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I read the article, but I find it difficult to see how protesters are covered by this executive order.
To be honest I didn't understand 60% of what it was saying, I don't know if thats deliberate or not, but it be nice for once if they would say what they mean than hide it in a jumble of works that only a $150/h lawyer can decipher.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
He will own your house and mine. He will own all business, big and small.

This is whether you protest or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I do not see where it says civilian protesters, I see a law designed not fund insurgents in Iraq. Now I cant stand Bush I cant wait till he leaves office. But I do not see that in this bill. If people start getting arrested for protesting, I will be the first to fight. But I just don't see it happening.

Ohh RR Conserv You have to be one of the most ignorant people on the board. you have no love for this country, only a foul disdain for its freedoms. You should be ashamed to call your self an American. The government is not the end all be all on matters, our founding father understood that. That is America. Not following blindly behind party lines. Its disgusting.

Ill take the warn for that

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OK I just went and read the entire Executive Order -- I worked for lawyers, read legalese, and I do not think it has anything to do with protesters, nor will they be able to apply it to us.

And in the Rense article, it says:

According to Russian legal experts, the greatest concern to the American people are the underlying provisions of this new law, and which, they state, are written 'so broadly' as to outlaw all forms of protest against the war.

The bold being mine.

Um, Russian legal experts? What the hell do they know about Constitutional law?

I'm sorry, I hate the evil regime, I really do, and I'm not defending them because I want to, but this article is just a bunch of assumptions and tilting at windmills. There is no threat.

If I see something that IS a threat, though, I'll be the first to admit it.

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I wonder if that would cover visiting websites that are frequented by people who protest or speak out against the war.....i can think of one big site straight away!

Far fetched? Maybe. Impossible? Hardly with these guys in charge.

CX.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Um, Russian legal experts? What the hell do they know about Constitutional law?
But my friend, they DO know something about Communism and it has shades of the dreaded Communism all over it.

Could that be what they meant?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
DG, I seriously think that Rense is just stirring people up. The Russians are seeing their history into our law, and they don't fit.

It'll take more than that particular EO to put the kibosh on protests in this country. I don't think you have anything to worry about from THIS one at this time.

Keep posting them though. When I see one I think is legit, I'll let you know. Then we can both head for the hills. Deal?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is geared towards enabling the administration to place further sanctions on Iran, not towards stopping protests...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Keep posting them though. When I see one I think is legit, I'll let you know. Then we can both head for the hills. Deal?
Deal. But you must be fun!!!
I like to laugh and eat potatoe chips in my cot- promise not to get any on you.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The July 17th Executive Order is being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your comments n the earlier thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join