posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:25 PM
I figured since I'm a web guy and I get paid much of my crazy salary to surf the web, I'll share some of these fun sites I run across now and then.
In this case, the following site has been in my secret arsenal of sites for over 6 years and I've never shared it...until now.
Yes, I have huge bookmarked sites organized for reference.
Lileks - www.lileks.com...
This site has so much stuff you'll spend hours. It's got the following:
- The Bleat - updated M-F. Dashed-off tripe, with links to all the ongoing updated projects. The Bleat Archives contain years of blather.
- The Quirk - The nation's shortest newspaper column, published Monday through Saturday.
- Matchbook of the Week - How could we live without it?
- Curious Lucre - Interesting money from far-away places.
- Funny Books - Weekly selections from little-known comic books of the 40s 50s and 60s.
What I like are things like:
old newpaper photos of bathing beauties from 20s and on.
a breakdown of this old comic book series from WWII.
old promotional photos from bygone computer companies . This one is facinating!
The Institute of Official Cheer
with specials like the Gallery of Regrettable Food
, Interior Desecrations
, or even the
American Home Ironizer
Then there's American Motel postcards, vintage matchbooks, old comics, and old advertisements galore.
All of this amazing stuff has witty and funny commentary by author/creator James Lileks. It's a must see website.