It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Feds Seize Rocket Launcher Found at a Home Near N.J.'s Newark Liberty International Airport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don’t find this to be evidence of more governmental terrorist fear mongering as much as the news media trying to make a story out of nothing. So long as we buy papers when we see this on the front page or stop pressing buttons on the clicker when we notice the heads discussing it, it is considered news worthy.

Hell, the simple fact that we are discussing it here show that the media knows what they are doing, that they can recognize and advance a money making story.

Now on the flip side of all this, what would we be saying if the media did not make a big deal of this, buried it on page 19B? It would more evidence of government cover up, a foiled Gulf of Tonkin, a true conspiracy.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t, but I think they deserve the damning.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It sounds like one of these, but I'm not sure if these were still in use in the eighties.

www.fas.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
My thoughts initially were that perhaps the weapon was fired, but impact on the intended target was not acheived, but too many variables come into play with this senerio, such as where did the ordinance detonate at??

Could the old weapon be so old that the ignition primer become damaged from chemical breakdown over time?? thus causing the ordinance to fall harmlessly to the ground?? or upon impact the ordinance just didn't detonate.

I rested on the more comfortable theory that some neghborhood kids were just playing with a souvenir found in the garage of a family member who had served in the military.

<< 1   >>

join