It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Seize Rocket Launcher In N.J

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A rocket was seized today in NJ but it is not apparent what type it was, although it was described as close to 6 feet long and looking like a 'bazooka'. JTF and FBI are currently investigating.

wcbstv.com...

A Jersey City woman made a shocking discovery on her lawn this morning when she noticed a military rocket launcher lying in the grass.

Niranjana Besai was leaving her house at 88 Nelson Street, to go to work at just after 8 a.m. when she saw the launcher on her front lawn. She immediately called police.

Besai's neighbor, Joe Quinn saw her pointing at the equipment from her front porch. When he walked over to the six-foot-long weapon, he was just as shocked. “It looked like a bazooka,” he told CBS 2 News.

Quinn tells CBS 2 HD he originally thought the launcher was just a pipe, but after noticing it had a picture of a soldier on it, he realized it looked similar to a missile launcher he'd seen on television.

Jersey City Police removed the launcher, and the incident is now being investigated by the Joint Terrorism Task Force and The Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Will this turn out to be a hoax or is the threat here now. Why would there be a rocket launcher in any neighborhood? It was located in an area in the flight path for the airport so I would take this as a serious threat.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by esdad71]

mod edit to use "news" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just wonder if it's a real launcher with a real rocket inside. ????

The terrorist are playing a head game with us????

Roper

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wish I could find something like this on my lawn. I'd get rid of that lil drug dealer down the street from me.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Pretty scary. It's certainly possible someone was setting up to shoot down a plane on its way in or out of Newark airport and aborted for some reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow...thats....unusual...and pretty scary. Who knows what was being planned with it.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It has been tenetively identified as an AT-4 anti-tank weapon. They are smaller than what was described so we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's certainly possible someone was setting up to shoot down a plane on its way in or out of Newark airport and aborted for some reason.

According to this article it may have been a strong possiblity.

But, sources Told WCBS that it’s the kind of missile that can take down an aircraft -- and the area where the launcher was discovered is in or very near a flight path for Newark Liberty International Airport.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
keyetv.com...

Here is another update. Seems that they are trying to state that it is a trainging weapon. Now, that is incorrect because even when training 'blanks' are used to simulate firing instead of live shells. How that is all it turns out to be.

Watch the video and they talk about a six foot launcher, which to me would be a stinger, not an AT4? Can anyone concur on that asssesment?

[edit on 20-7-2007 by esdad71]

new topics

join