It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we adding to the mess just by thinking about it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My fellow beings, I must say today my brain has reached a new level. I want to thank Quantum_Squirrel for his post on our Simulated Universe post, really got me thinking, and all that I have read and thought about up until this point is now making beautiful simple sense!

After reading about the law of attraction, how thoughts affect our reality, the fact that in quantum physics we create our own reality by observing it, it all makes sense people! We are all one and our combined thoughts and perceptions are shaping and creating our realities.
What you think is what you are is what you will be. What you feel is what you are is what you will be.

By new realities or theories or even conspiracies being proposed, as more people are reading it and thinking and concentrating on it, aren't they in fact creating it in their version of reality? now as the group gets larger, with the same thoughts/values/feelings, they affect a larger area around them and their reality manifests.

Think about this, this is why religions are constantly wanting more and more people to join them and wanting to think only what they think.... If you're not on board, you're not creating the reality I want!

By thinking of disease and death and war and money and hate and aliens and time travel, aren't we in a way creating them?

This moment of realization is beautiful! I'm getting shivers as I"m typing right now. As you're reading this and somewhat creating this reality in your head, of what I am saying here, depending on your perceptions in life, you will interpret it differently.

I just ask that we all be more aware of our thoughts. We need to realize that our thoughts and what we feel is our version of life. If your reality is that life is hard, then it will and is hard for you.

SHAPE YOUR OWN REALITY! WHAT ONE MAN CAN DO, ANOTHER CAN DO!
We affect electrons as we observe them and we affect water which is the creator of life on earth with our thoughts and words. We are shaping what we see around us.

Thank you for letting me share my amazing moment of realization.

Peace and love to all.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I've watched the movie called "The Secret".
To me it's just plain B/S, I tried it. Happy always, thinking big
etc etc etc. As I look on the internet more and more people are
still dying. So it got me thinking if I wanted world peace and it
is not coming true then there has to be a counter balance to
the laws of attraction.
I think the only way the laws of attraction work is if every person
in the world thinks it. If not then there is always that one greedy
person trying to have it all.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
are people dying because we hear about it? I mean, imagine you were stranded on an island, unaware of anything. Now would know people 'used to' die, back when you were among civilization, but now that you're surrounded by ocean, with infinite waves (no pun intended) are people still dying? well, maybe somewhere but not where you are. You're not observing them dying. I think it's the same idea as the old 'if a tree falls in the woods but there's nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?' The other thing to keep in mind is now, imagine there are 50 other people with you on the island, and they all tell you that yes people are dying! every day you hear it and despite observing it, by letting them shape your reality or tell you what it 'is', you will then in fact believe and create that reality for you.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The biggest catch to the whole "shape your own reality" thing is that you are only one small part of the overall reality, and there are billions of other consciousnesses shaping that same reality. Two people in a room are going to be subconsciously cooperating to come up with a compromise in the structure of the reality there. But it's also not just the people working on it. Every living cell in their bodies is also contributing, making decisions, collapsing the quantum wave function. And every tiny little bacteria on their tongues. And all of the living things outside the room are also working to define and actualize that room. And all the living things on Earth, and hypothetical creatures the size of planets in distant galaxies are using their awareness and consciousness to keep the stars and galaxies all spinning through the Universe.

So, as you can see, one person is only a very, very tiny part of their own reality, and they only have a very small influence on it. You can't stand in front of a speeding car and not be hit because there are too many other living things in the Universe making that car solid and real. The fighting and killing and disease and famine in the world is also beyond much change, because there are so many people and viruses who want and need to kill and fight and destroy, because that's how they will have a chance to live.

The most powerful, active thing a person can do to control their reality is to kill themselves. But even that has only a tiny effect on the overall reality of the Universe, so it's not really even worth the bother.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
are people dying because we hear about it? I mean, imagine you were stranded on an island, unaware of anything. Now would know people 'used to' die, back when you were among civilization, but now that you're surrounded by ocean, with infinite waves (no pun intended) are people still dying? well, maybe somewhere but not where you are. You're not observing them dying. I think it's the same idea as the old 'if a tree falls in the woods but there's nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?' The other thing to keep in mind is now, imagine there are 50 other people with you on the island, and they all tell you that yes people are dying! every day you hear it and despite observing it, by letting them shape your reality or tell you what it 'is', you will then in fact believe and create that reality for you.

It still does not stop the fact that people are dying off somewhere.
Maybe in your own reality you won't hear about it. But you are only
one person. Whereas the world have billions of people.
Some of those people will still here abut death and chaos, if not
then they are living it.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
Are people dying because we hear about it?

No, we die because we are supposed to die. Every tiny little cell in your body knows that it eventually has to die, or there will be no way for your DNA to have a chance to adapt to some changing environment in the future. People die because we reproduce, pass on our DNA, and then we get out of the way so we don't continue to eat up all the resources our offspring need to live. It happens on a cellular level, and on a macro-cultural level.

As is turns out, death and war and disease are a vital part of our lives here on Earth, just as long as it's not total death. Without a little death and war and disease we become very vulnerable to fast and complete destruction. Those things are like "exercise" for life, and if it isn't done, then we can quickly drop dead of a heart attack.

new topics

top topics

join