It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lufkin TX: Pilgrim's Pride Starts To Fire 800 Illegal Workers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deaman88
As for legal US citizens, the company will be able to increase the cost of goods to you, and you'll have to pay.

That is probably true, and probably in the long run for the best. Maybe once this starts hitting pocketbooks, more Americans will pay attention, and press our government to make a firm decision on what is going to be done.

Apart form the company, no one wins, and now there are thousands more unemployed people living in the US, adding to the unemployment across the nation. Will your average Joe apply for the jobs and be paid at the same rates as the illegals?

Yet again, maybe this is the needed catalyst to bring about some changes. There are methods to get work visas to come into this country, and that's the way it should have been done by these people.

I hope they can get other jobs, and I also think the government should take responsibility for them and provide assitance for them to be fully integrated into th US as they have clearly demonstarted that they are contributing to the economy, and can live as respectable citizens within the States.

They are only exploited because they are working jobs where they don't have to provide a Social Security number due to the fact that they are here illegally. They are not provided the same protection as a legal citizen/legal worker because they are not here legally.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
They are not provided the same protection as a legal citizen/legal worker because they are not here legally.

Can you explain how you came to that conclusion? They get Mirandized when arrested, they are allowed to call a lawyer if they request, they get free medical attention if needed the list goes on and on or have I missed something here? What protection are they not getting that normal citizens are???

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Can you explain how you came to that conclusion? They get Mirandized when arrested, they are allowed to call a lawyer if they request, they get free medical attention if needed the list goes on and on or have I missed something here? What protection are they not getting that normal citizens are???

I'm sorry, I was not clear, I meant this in respect to the government being responsible for them. We do not need to expand our already far too large social services system to cover these people. I did not mean this in the respect of legal protection in the manner you gave above.

I do not feel however that we should instantly throw a few million people at the responsibility of the government when there are far too many already there at this very time.

That is only my $.02 . I am all for anyone getting here legally and using the appropriate means to get in this country, but as always, maybe I am just fearing the worst.

[edit on 7/22/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The companies that have abused this are the magnets..If you demagnetize the magnet..they will leave on their own...you will not need a million buses to bus them out. I don't think anyone wants to see roundups.
We have a process but the corporate sector was abusing it. You have a president wanting a north american union at the expense of our sovereignty. when wages collapse as they were doing, the middle class collapses. Thats why the immigration bill went down and people are awake.
When an illegal has a baby in our ER rooms, lets say a premature one the cost is over 100,000 dollars to us the taxpayer. not the business who only issues a 1099 with no social security or taxes taken out. Make their behind pay that now.! wheres the sympathy for us footing the bill.
I can talk because I have been affected by this, These folx are coming from an oil rich country, that does to illegals what we should be doing..stop them at the border. You try and get a job in mexico after crossing illegaly and see what happens. Until it hits you you will never understand..

SyS

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes but what about the ramifications of letting them go on the economy, did it help or hinder it? ANd If they were doing somthing illeagal, surely all the company should be held responsoble for employing them in the first place, or is the law byast?

If as you say the corporate sector weas utilizing it, then they shoudl face the judge, but if they don't, then the workers should at least be given a redundancy package, and they did pay taxes on everything they bought.

And your sovereignty is not compromised by the migrant workers, it is part of something inevitable, and that is why there is no real effort to stop the border, as the intention is to open it up completely.

As for your points about them bein' immigrants, the entire US was founded by immgrants, so that is a very moot point, as IMO if you are contributing to the wealth of the nation, then you are part of that nation, and so deserve the rights as a psuedo-citizen.

[edit on 22/7/2007 by deaman88]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am glad you bought up the point of ramifications. Nearly 30% of the prison population are illegal aliens. who is paying for that. I am not speaking about immigrants..here legally. Its convenient for many to ignore and mix them with illegals, but they are not.The issue is Illegals. You are correct in agreeing at least that companies should face the music . finally something is being done, along with other jurisdictions like Virginia that are federalizing parts of their police force. The cost to maintain such a population in terms of schools and medical care far exceeds what they put in. Inevitable is part the doctrine espoused by la raza that this country was theirs, It is not ours they say, we stole it . Its almost like the science fiction characters the Borg who would say.Surrender, Resistance is futile..I'm sorry..but not yet. Such a population would be heavily dependent on the Government (us) to take care of them as they are now.
The self supporting producing middle class would see its wages drop, as this group takes over and companys outsource.

If you dont like it sue me! well we are..

eventually you have the U.S. as a third rate power and third world standard of living.
Well take the message back that we will not rollover and sucumb to this. They were not invited here. Legal Immigrants were. If they want to be a good citizen, get in line and take a number like everyone else!, or get a work permit or whatever. But don't tell me its moot and inevitable that we accept this particularly when we know what the agenda is besides getting "a good life "

If you want to hear from the mouths of those spearheading for a new america
go to this link and play the audio..its from their mouths not ours (7 small clips)

Hispanic leaders speak

Its in English too..I invite everyone as i am such an equal opportunity person and want to insure i get a "diverse" exposure so you will know what we are facing.

as a side note all those companies that experienced raids and let illegals go also experienced massive applications from Americans looking work. The ones the Hispanic lobbyists and businesses said that regular Americans didn't want to do.
we wont do what?
Pork in the Barrel

SyS

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
The cost to maintain such a population in terms of schools and medical care far exceeds what they put in. Inevitable is part the doctrine espoused by la raza that this country was theirs,

It is not ours they say, we stole it . Its almost like the science fiction characters the Borg who would say.Surrender, Resistance is futile..I'm sorry..but not yet. Such a population would be heavily dependent on the Government (us) to take care of them as they are now.
The self supporting producing middle class would see its wages drop, as this group takes over and companys outsource. eventually you have the U.S. as a third rate power and third world standard of living.

Well take the message back that we will not rollover and sucumb to this. They were not invited here. Legal Immigrants were. If they want to be a good citizen, get in line and take a number like everyone else!, or get a work permit or whatever. But don't tell me its moot and inevitable that we accept this particularly when we know what the agenda is besides getting "a good life "

You raised some fine points there, but I still maintain we are talking about human costs here. You could accept immgrants with visas, and I am sure that given a chance, those 'illegals' would apply for citizenship, as long as they were assured residency.

That being the case, and they could then contribute by paying taxes, and having the same rights as any other person living in the USA. YOur point about maintaining high costs based on the meagre contributions they make is my point exactly, if they were paid the average hourly rate, they would obviously pay the relevant taxes.

Also, wouldn't you rather allow those already assimilated into US culture to stay and tighten border control? At least you have people that already live and breathe USA in this case.

Technically, Texas was formerly owned by Mexico, and not everybody agreed in selling the state off for a pittance, that is where you are confused by saying they want the USA, and it is inevitable that you would get migrant workers into your country, especially as americans have been so arrogant that driving a yellow taxi cab is beneath them.

Whether they were invited or not, is not at stake here now, what is at stake is that by letting these people go, it will not alleviate the critical levels of unemployment, the jobs probably wouldn't be filled, and the USA will start to breakdown further, as these 'illegals' are part of the backbone of american cutlture, and denting them is like exacerbating the problem, not solving it.

[edit on 23/7/2007 by deaman88]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I am not concerned in the least That Mexico made a bad business deal, or the French with Louisiana, or the Russians with Alaska, or somebody wants to relive the Alamo thats their problem .Following your logic you should give Mexico back to the Aztecs, and the Aztecs back to the natural fauna that lived their at the time out of "compassion". Its quite simple if you don't understand as I am only stating to you my perspective versus yours. I don't see the collapse you envision, any more than those greedy companies closed down. If anything I hope they go back and start a real reform there, as Mexico has as many billionaires as any country on Earth, In fact the worlds richest is from Mexico! As long as we are their relief valve ,there will never be any change over there. Let those people shake the money tree over there not here. Lets say we agree to disagree and I defend your right to say it. I will do what I can to prevent this country from becoming another Azatlan .

The ones here legally are fine with me and will always be worthy of my compassion and have the same shot at the American dream, or whats left of it. But as that great Panamanian Robert Duran said "No Mas! No Mas!"

Have a Blessed Day
SyS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join