It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic boy's turtle abducted and horribly beaten.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Link

VENTURA – Police offered a $1,000 reward Tuesday for information leading to the arrest of whoever mutilated a family's pet tortoise.

The 40-pound desert tortoise named Bob was stolen Saturday from Bill and Dorothy Sullivan's front yard in Ventura.

The endangered reptile was later found behind an apartment complex, with multiple cuts to its head, throat, limbs and shell, police Lt. Ray Vance said.

“Someone used an ice pick type of knife to stab through the shell,” Vance said.

The Sullivans said they believed the suspects tried to remove Bob from his shell. The tortoise was examined by a veterinarian and it was unclear whether the animal will survive his injuries, police said.

Utterly reprehensible and in my opinion punishable by savage beating with an ice pick.

Random acts of violence are becoming too prevalent in our world.

[edit on 7-20-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

mod edit: changed quote tags to external quote tags

Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 25-7-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Turtle recovering - suspect under arrest.

A tiny bit of faith restored in the system, from me.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Now thats a headline you don't see everyday....

Wouldn't the turtle be considered an 'Exotic Pet'?, thus being illegal.

Not sure how the laws are in Cali.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
Random acts of violence are becoming too prevalent in our world.

I couldn't agree more.

This is just a disgusting act. It amazes me how some people have no regard at all for another life. Animal, human it doesn't matter. It is still a living creature that you know feels pain. What this young man did to this animal is just absolutely disgusting. Part of me really hopes he is treated much the same way when he goes to prison.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Now thats a headline you don't see everyday....

Wouldn't the turtle be considered an 'Exotic Pet'?, thus being illegal.

Not sure how the laws are in Cali.

Apparently the turtle is actually endangered or somesuch, and the family found it in an alley. Being that it was in prolonged human contact it could not be returned to the wild therefore the family took it in and cared for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
They should wrap the ba5tard in tin foil and open it with a pick axe!

Is the percentage of crazy poeple increasing? Everyone knows you need a Magican to get them outta their shells!

Madness!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Question: What do all of the following people (and I use that word very loosely) have in common?

David Berkowitz (Son of Sam), Ted Bundy, Andrew Cunanan, Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert DeSalvo (Boston Strangler), Eric Harris, Kip Kinkel, and Dylan Klebold.

Answer: ALL had a history of cruelty to animals before they turned to hurting people.

Animal cruelty is one of the 3 major "warning signs" for people who later become serial killers, and for those who grow up to domestically abuse others.

I hope they put this kid away for quite awhile, and make sure he gets LOTS of counseling & follow-ups.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I thought about that right away when I first saw the post, then of course I was filled with anger as I read the article.

The only real positive I can see is that this guy is 18 and will be tried as an adult. If he was younger he would have probably gotten off easy with a trip to a mental hospital for a year or so before being released back into the general population where he can blend in and fly under the radar while he continues to mutilate and kill whatever he feels like. The fact that this turtle is also an endangered species will just pile up more time to his punishment. Maybe even with a little luck this little prick will be treated like Jeffery Dahmer while he is in prison.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Terrible but good to see turtle is on the mend and suspect caught.

Hope the little boy is not too traumatised by it all.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I dont know what the laws are on this type of abuse but i would say at least 2 years in prison would be a fit sentence. I have no sympathy for people who abuse helpless animals or children.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So is it safe to assume that Michael Vick is presently somewhere in California?

I hate animal abuse!

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
while I feel sorry for the turtle it's the little boy who I really feel for, I'm sure it must have really hurt him.
I hope the perp receives the full measure of law and some street justice to top it off.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thats just horrible! How any person could ever do such a thing to a turtle, or any other animal for that matter, truely sickens me. I've always had a fondness of turtles and the fact that some asshole decided they would go and torture one of them really pisses me off. And honestly, the fact that this guy is 18 makes it worse. He obviously has some serious mental issues to work out. I just hope the poor turtle makes a full recovery and that the kid is not too tramatized by this.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sick. Just plain sick.

Steal a turtle, and stab it with an icepick? What no flies to pull the wings off of?

This sicko needs to be watched very closely...it's a series of small steps from animal cruelty to serial killer.

Seems like every time I begin to have my faith in humanity restored, something comes along to just kick the crap outta it. Maybe the life of a cloistered monk wouldn't be so bad...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This is terrible! I can't imagion why someone would do such a horrable thing. I feel hurt not only for the turtle, but the family as well. I know that poor boy mush have been heart broken that someone did this to his turtle.

Originally posted by redmage
Animal cruelty is one of the 3 major "warning signs" for people who later become serial killers, and for those who grow up to domestically abuse others.

It most certinally is! It is very a childhood symptom of of what evolves into Antisocial Personallity Disorder (APD). APD is very common in serial killers, such as the "Son of Sam" or Charles Manson.

These people should scare the hell out of you. Today, it was a turtle (sad enough). If something isn't done the next victem of these people could be someone's child.

Tim

new topics

top topics

join