It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The road to Sandia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

drive from Rachel north up to Warm Springs. There is nothing there but a closed up building that used to be a restaurant. Turn left on Hiway 6 and head for Tonopah.
After a few miles you will pass through Warm Springs Summit (6283 ft.) Note your mileage. Continue on Hiway 6 another 7 miles. On your left you will note a wide graded dirt road. There are no signs.

Turn left and follow that road 27 miles. You will come to a guard gate called “Base Camp”. You will not be able to pass through. If someone asks you what you are doing tell them you heard about “Station 9” or “Sandia base” on the web and you are driving around to see if you can find it.

I would not suggest taking any pictures and if you have any exposed film I would leave it back at Rachel as what you have in your car may be confiscated.

The above is what John Lear had to say here about the road to Sandia, I do not have access to google earth at the moment but has anyone checked this out?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
For the record, John Lear also claimes that the Sandia Base is also known as the Chesire Air Strip. Chesire Air Strip is "Supposed" to be an invisible air base.

Keep that in mind while looking.

Tim

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
For the record, John Lear also claimes that the Sandia Base is also known as the Chesire Air Strip. Chesire Air Strip is "Supposed" to be an invisible air base.

Keep that in mind while looking.

Tim

HA ha I was waiting for a comment from you Tim, I think everyone must still be asleep. I cant wait to see what people come up with, Unfortunately I cant access google earth at work, not Like I would know what road Im looking at anyway as I live in the UK.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
HA ha I was waiting for a comment from you Tim, I think everyone must still be asleep. I cant wait to see what people come up with, Unfortunately I cant access google earth at work, not Like I would know what road Im looking at anyway as I live in the UK.

For the record, I've tried Google Earth before. Trust me, you won't find anything on the image that is man-made. All that you will see is desert.

Here's a quote from John Lear on Sandia with a satellite image:

Originally posted by johnlear

Here is the map of where I think Sandia is:

If you are looking on this photo for signs of secret bases, runways, roads, power lines etc. you are looking on the wrong map. Sandia is a secret and they intend to keep it that way. Every indication is carefully camouflaged with the latest techonology.

I cut and pasted this for you from John's post made on 2/15/07. this was the first post in John's thread on the topic, which you can find right here:

Sandia secret base: Does it really exist?

John even admitted to me that Sandia is the supposed to be the invisible Cheshire Air Strip:

Originally posted by johnlear

Originally posted by Ghost01
Are you talking about the Cheshire Airstip again?

Yes, that one.

You can laugh if you want to, but I've been through this with Mr. Lear before. You can believe him if you wish, but I choose not to.

Tim

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
well, I just followed his directions exactly on google earth, and he is correct, there is a wide gravel road, a base, a gate, and a somewhat diguised air strip. Not sure what the name of the place is, but doesnt look very secret to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikazi
well, I just followed his directions exactly on google earth, and he is correct, there is a wide gravel road, a base, a gate, and a somewhat diguised air strip. Not sure what the name of the place is, but doesnt look very secret to me.

Probably one of the many old Auxiliary strips at Nellis that are used for target simulation. Nothing worth getting excited about. The desert is full of them. Most are left over from World War 2 and haven't been used to land an aircraft in 50 or 60 years.

Tim

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

The above is what John Lear had to say here about the road to Sandia

why would you pay attention to anything that dillusional crackpot has to say?

Why do you say that? I thought you wanted to meet him when you made a drip to groom lake?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The basecamp airfield exists and as been the site for some unusual aircraft spottings. Not unusual in a UFO way but unusual in CIA front company way.

Check out the dreamland resort site about Basecamp

I know that the road mentioned goes to an old ghost town calls Tyco or something.

The thread linked above is a very interesting read, I repeatedly questioned JLs evidence and information and watched him scurry into a corner, hahaha.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I was just there in June. CIA plane N196D was there. Also a ton of men, but none in black.

www.lazygranch.com...
Main page:
www.lazygranch.com...

I have had the pleasure of meeting base security only once. There is little they can do if you are on the road to Tybo since it is public land. Note that fence around the base does not reflect the true border. That is, they haven't got around to moving it after their last land grab.

N196D did a gas and go on 7/22/2007, before heading towards Palm Springs. They canceled their IFR flight, so it isn't clear if they landed at the civilian Tonopah airport (TPH) or Basecamp, which no longer had an ICAO code.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just as an FYI, Sandia facilities are located on the Tonopah Test Range (TTR). Here is a recent photo of their base:
www.lazygranch.com...
Referring page:
www.lazygranch.com...

You can view the areas in jpeg2000 as well
www.lazygranch.com...
www.lazygranch.com...
[Do a "save as", then open with irfanview. You need the plugins installed.]
www.irfanview.com...

The area has a new water tower and a few new buildings. The Sandia workers and the USAF workers have different buses. As in all things DOE, the Sandia bus is a beater. ;-)

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If you are going to simply launch personal attacks at the membership or the ATS staff, keep quiet about it.

This is a violation of the Terms & Conditions and repeat violations may lead to an account ban.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by SimonGray]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Just as an FYI, Sandia facilities are located on the Tonopah Test Range (TTR). Here is a recent photo of their base:
www.lazygranch.com...

Cool photo! Looks like the old Nighthawk base has grown quite a bit since the first F-117 nested there in 1983. What's odd about TTR is that the last I heard they were planning to to put the Nighthawk Stealth Fighters in storage there when they retire the planes from service. Quite odd to expand the base so much if they want to store a bunch of 25+ year old stealth planes there after they retire from service.

Wonder what else is going on?

Tim

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
www.nellis.af.mil...

Nellis filed this report regarding expanding the landfill. Clearly, this place isn't going away. They just put a UAV wing there last year:

www.reviewjournal.com...

The official press release is missing from the DoD website. I have it somewhere on my PC, but the LVRJ article is reasonably complete.

Also, the F117s will not be mothballed at Davis Monthan, but will return to the TTR.

If you camp out near the border, you will note plenty of activity. Now I don't know what they are doing of course, but all sorts of ground vehicles are on the move. The nearby Site-4 has planes looping over it.

www.lazygranch.com...
Also shots of the CV22 flying around the range:
www.lazygranch.com...

Two years ago, I was camped out there. We got buzzed by the Russian chopper:
www.lazygranch.com...
During the night exercises. they ran the AN-4 colt over us. It wasn't seen of course as it was blacked out, but the sound is very distinct.

I came across a report for the Yucca Mountain Project. They stated the number of flights at the TTR as about 200 per year. Clearly this is a joke. You can go to flightaware.com and see the daily landings.

flightaware.com...
TNX is the airport code. Note the Groom Lake flights nearly always use the same airport code, but you need to look at the flight plan to determine where the plane lands. Groom Lake flights are at 14k or 15kft, depending on direction. TTR flights are at 25/26 Kft.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
www.lazygranch.com...

Hi gariac, just to be clear are you saying the above pic is the Sandia base? what else do you know about the base and its existence?

Also, John Lear care to add your thoughts to this thread I know your watching.....

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I guess to be technical, that is the Sandia "area" of the Tonopah Test Range. I don't know if it is known as the Sandia base. The TTR is run (in theory) by both the DOE and the USAF. At least there are warning signs from both organizations. You can see the warning signs at the Cedar Pass gate:
www.lazygranch.com...

Incidentally, as far as I know, station 9 is the Janet terminal. Here is some Janet audio of a flight leaving Groom for station 9. The route is via "doggie", which is cute talk for the fix FIDOE.

www.lazygranch.com...
Sorry about the sound quality. All my Janet audio is on
www.lazygranch.com...

Note there is some activity at Pahute Mesa, which might be the mystery base. Lockheed has a repeater system there. I guess some fool bothered to file it with the FCC, not realizing the rules don't apply on the range.
www.lazygranch.com...

Come to think of it, one of the military contractors filed with the FCC for a radio on the TTR. I'll dig up the information and do another post.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I put the new Lockheed radio information on the page listed in the previous post. However, here is the new text:
---------
Lockheed Telemetry at the Tonopah Test Range
Callsign: WQGU581
Radio Service: AF (Aeronautical and Fixed)
Latitude: 37 46 46 N
Longitude: 116 46 54 W
This is about 0.7 miles west from the south end of the runway.
Emission Code: 12M00F9D [12 MHz bandwidth, FM, multi-channel, data]
Power: 20 watts
Frequencies: 1441.5MHz, 1453.5MHz, 1465.5MHz, 1477.5MHz, 1489.5MHz, 1501.5MHz
Date First Used: 4/19/2007
Control Points: 1011 Lockheed Way, Building 601, Palmdale, CA; phone 661-572-3019

Note that the bandwidth of this signal vastly exceeds that of any conventional radio. It clearly could not be demodulated. It might be caught in a band scan. Building 601 (to the best of my knowledge), is the large hangar you see from the Sierra Highway in Palmdale. On google earth, go to 34°36'48.29"N 118° 7'6.71"W.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I believe that the Sandia that Gariac is referring to is the Sandia group which is part of Los Alamos Labs and performs various research for the government including nuclear detonations. It is NOT the Sandia that John Lear was talking about in his Sandia Base thread.

Hard to believe I know but John Lears theory is that the government uses the name Sandia for a government research group and a top secret underground base. I think that JL or his sources have got their information mixed up, ie. heard the word Sandia and linked it to something it is not.

Great info though Gariac!

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sandia is not part of Los Alamos. It is a government lab, or say they state:
----------
Sandia is a government-owned/contractor operated (GOCO) facility. Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin company, manages Sandia for the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration. We seek collaborative partnerships on emerging technologies that support our mission.
----------

Many DOE (if not all) have Sandia facilities. For instance, there is a Sandia facility next to Lawrence Livermore Labs.

Any time there is a little space between Nellis range facilities, you do need to think about who is running them. For instance, the employees at Site-4 on the TTR, according to Tom Mahood, fly in on the Janets. Employees at the main base take buses from Tonopah, and as I mentioned, the USAF and Sandia have their own buses.

There is a facility on the TTR east of the main base that was part of the 554th:
www.lazygranch.com...
referring page
www.lazygranch.com...

According to Tom Mahood, this 554th runs site-4.

top topics

join