It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead to Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hey all of you games maniac.

So "Dead to Rights" is a name of a game who went, or at least I think, kind of almost unmentionned and didn't receive the shoots that it should have. I have played this game on X-Box at a friends house, and I just noticed yesterday that the PC version was available, so I'm in the process of "getting it".

I think it didn't got the honnorable mentions it should have, because as far as game in this style goes, I haven't seen any that were as good as this one. The control/view are pretty similar to games like Oni (or say Tomb Raider if you don't know Oni) but fortunatly, there is WAY MORE gore and violent movements for your personnage to pull. I think the fightiing style and realism in this game is unmatched so far by other games of this kind.

You're some kind of bad ass cops or criminal (doN,t remember) who have almost everyone against him and that learn new moves while he fight, wich is IMO a very cool option. You got guns, punches, kicks and multiple different "counter-attack" to defent your self.

I've talked about gore sooner, because you can pull out tricks like if one bad guys aim you with his 12 gauge shot-gun, you can grab his gun, throw the guy on the ground, and then shoot him with HIS gun, wich I think is makes the game a whole lot more interesting.

From what I remember, the game is really centered on fighting. That's almost all you do. Sometimes you're in a room with like 30 guys that want to kill you so...prepare to fight.

I suggest anyone who like violents fighting game to try this one, it's great. I might add a little more comment/review when I'll have installed and tried the PC version.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ahhhh i hate that game. It is the worst ripp off i have ever seen. It totally copied Max paye but just gave teh dude a dog. The bullet tiem effects and story line are jsut like max payne just a whole lot less intense and indepth. I swear the guy even looks liek Max Payne. If you think this game is good go for the original Max Payne cause the developers of Dead to Rights sure did.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hey, I played Max Payne 1 and 2, and love them both.
In fact, I thought about saying this game looks a lot like MP.

But the fact is...The gaming industry is always doing that. If you don't like the game, fine, but you should Not Like it only because of this... You know? What if the creator of Doom sued all the others guys who did FPS after 'em, see what I mean? Anyway...Look at GTA & Vice City, and than "True Crime of L.A." just came out. And "The simpson hit & run". Should Rockstar sue everyone who put the option to steal and switch between cars in their game? Everybody is copying on other game IMO, but I don't think it's really like copying, but more like taking some ideas of the game to make a new one...Anyway, I don't know if I'm clear or not...

Altho I agree that there's a LOT of ressemblance between both game, and as you said, even the GUY looks like Max Payne. But it doesn't make the game less fun...(Just my opinion)

BUT...I prefered DTR because their's way more than just shooting people with different guns... Max Payne is still in the classic FPS style, with some add-ons.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
WEll at least streets of LA had a differnt story line an dperspective. But DTR was jsut oo much for me and i could never play it all. I mean im sure its fun but too much of a rip

top topics

join