It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this sound like...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Forgive the weirdness/stupidness of this random question but I want to describe something and if the description rings a bell with anyone and they think they know what it could be, let me know.

Black, shadowy, slightly transparent, 3 feet tall or so and about as wide, hangs upright from celings, very large elongated bat-like arms with jutting elbows ending in a point at nearly shoulder height. Acts surprised when seen by a person, extends one of it's long arm/wing/whatever things in an underhanded motion (like throwing a softball) and touches you on your eye which results in a slight icy feeling in the eye, then shimmers/shrinks and disappears.

Besides a freaky acid trip, what does that sound like if anyone has an idea...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tombstone
Besides a freaky acid trip, what does that sound like if anyone has an idea...

Hi Tombstone,

I immediately thought of a gargoyle when I read your post. Now, I know many people believe these creatures stem from imagination, but if you were to look at all 'superstition' throughout the ages (mermaids, fairies, elves, gargoyles, etc.) you will see that almost every story has some basis or root in reality -- though not necessarily exactly how the legend claims. They could very well be multidimensional beings of some kind or another.

So, with that said, perhaps you should research (or google) the legend of gargoyles and the like. There have been personal experiences documented on various sites of creatures like you described. You may also want to research "shadow people." It may lead you to an answer.

It could be a fear based manifestation, or an actual being appearing for a purpose. Interesting either way...

-Mea

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've never seen anything written on shadowpeople that sounds like what I'm describing, but you never know I guess. I'm not familiar with gargoyles much so can't really comment on that theory.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, you saw one of these things? If you did, I think an old-style exorcism is in order and I'm not joking.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Let me get this straight, you saw one of these things?

Once only, about 13 years ago.

top topics

join