It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit young for religion?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
MMF,
I teach my children the supernatural. Before they just think of themselves as "smart animals", thier dad and I have tried to make sure that they know that not only we love them, but Father God does,too.

but do you teach them that the easter bunny, santa claus, the tooth fairy, snow white and the seven dwarves, simba, and captain jack sparrow love them too?

honestly, they don't need to know that a fictional character loves them.

They have seen him work. Everytime we needed something from god, we had it. Not nessesarily frivolous things, like the newest, best "stuff". We have what we need. We love each other.

so you love each other... you earn a living to support yourselves... and how did god do all of this? it seems like you're giving god credit for your own work.

As society gets more degenerate,complicated and selfish, God never renigs on his promise to keep us. If only you would ASK him, he would SHOW you. Don't rely on your 8 year old memories of God. I wasn't raised in church, but came around at 23.

society is getting a lot less degenerate and selfish.. and you say complicated like it is a bad thing. remember in the bronze age? people could SELL THEIR DAUGHTERS INTO SEX SLAVERY... i mean marriage... well, it was sex slavery known as marriage. god actually supported that. then there is the fact that women weren't treated as people.. hell, your god doesn't want them to be.

" A fool says in his heart there is no God".

a foolish woman quotes the book that says:

1 Peter 3:1-7

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

1 Corintians 11:3

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 11:7

For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

here is a longer and moer concise list of attitudes towards women in the bible
skepticsannotatedbible.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Look, MIMS,
I thoroughly believe that my husband is the head of our household. I don't try to make him into a sensitive "woman". He's fine the way he is.
I've seen men so henpecked, they wouldn't blow thier nose without asking.
That's a shame.
Christian Men can make better decisions for thier families because the estrogen doesn't "cloud" thier brains, and they don't feel "sorry" for everyone.

On the question about our provision, I haven't worked a job for very long to stay with my children. We've lived paycheck to paycheck a long time, till lately.
When we didn't have enough, God provided.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yeah, come on MIMS, women have limits ya know...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'd say Religion should be kept away from under 18 year olds.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Christian Men can make better decisions for thier families because the estrogen doesn't "cloud" thier brains, and they don't feel "sorry" for everyone.

first off.. men have estrogen in their brain too

and testosterone is just as bad for decision making. it makes people rash and impulsive. it's really really sad that you can't have an equal partnership.... and that you consider compassion to be a weakness.. hell, compassion is one of the things i actually liked about jesus.

On the question about our provision, I haven't worked a job for very long to stay with my children. We've lived paycheck to paycheck a long time, till lately.
When we didn't have enough, God provided.

again, your family provided. unless you're saying god actually lent you some money, you're the ones doing the work

[edit on 8/5/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Testosterone is what makes a MAN a MAN. If someone want's to be a femme, they have surgeries for that. To hell with chemical reactions in the body, it is all about morality, screw religion. I fear no god, fear is my enemy. I love no one but my family and friends, if I were to love another man I would be a femme. But I have testicles....I use what is inside of them often with the woman I love....I don't need Mr. Priest who just earlier had impure thoughts of a 9 y/o boy to "Marry" me...because I don't think any human has the right to say what is right or wrong under the eyes of God. It is my decision and mine alone whether or not I want to be a murderous psychopath or a contributing member to society(not much different). I prefer to just be myself and say to hell with it all.
Does that make me evil? I guess to most religions, but I am not the one shunning my fellow human beings for not worshipping the same god as me. I am not the one that burnt witches at the stake, or completly wiped out civilizations that would not convert. No, I am the guy judging all of you as going to hell as according to your own beliefs.
BTW, the 10 commandments clearly state "Thou shalt have no gods before me!" or something like that.....yet all christians worship Jesus Christ as god......when he himself said he was the son of god.....and the whole cross thing....isn't that an idol?

[edit on 5-8-2007 by saintnuke]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Look, MIMS,
I thoroughly believe that my husband is the head of our household.

i am not trying to put you down but after reading that, i literally feel sorry for you....

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I firmly agree. Kids will believe anything until Adults tell them the truth.

But when you have Adults telling them that there is no Santa Claus, just someone who looks like him on a throne in the sky, then you've got cultural brainwashing.

Anyone can see what is going on, whether they encourage it or oppose it.

The question is, when jihadists are indoctrinating children to hate and kill, how can you not fight this in the same way?

You are going to have wars between different sets of believers, so you either have to stamp out religious politics altogether, or you just have to let the masses fight this insane war themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join