It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunderstorms...Exciting or Scary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I love storms, we had some bad damage in our town last year, from two tornados

But I love storms,

I think going outside to check them out is a guy thingy.

When I was a kid several tornados went around our house, yea, storms,

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I like lightning storms, and taking pictures of them, I just never get a picture of the lightning.

Once though, I was on top of a hill and a storm approached and pretty much ran for the next mile. We got to shelter, and one of my friends said they'd been within one second of time from one, so he got a bit close.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I love thunderstorms, I have to open the windows and patio and sit and watch it with my dogs. You can feel the electricity in the air, it's a great feeling.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I like storms too...
Apparently like Duckster & Stormdancer, I live in a "tornado belt" too. Been a couple of times I could step outside my patio door & see one go by in the distance. Even heard a story about a guy who was standing about 5 feet from the front steps of his porch when he noticed a tornado heading right for his house; By the time he turned around & got his foot up on the first step, the tornado hit his house (which caused parts of the house walls to explode outward), knocking him flat on his back. Then the tornado passed directly over where he was lying on the ground & he got a great view of the inside of the tornado. If he hadn't been lying flat on the ground, it would've picked him up & thrown him like a ragdoll.

I love the thunderstorms, though...All that electricity saturates the air with negative ions! To me the air smells good & charges up my whole system like a shot of adrenaline.

The only thing that I hate with some types of thunderstorms is when big hail is included...It kinda feels like

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Apparently like Duckster & Stormdancer, I live in a "tornado belt" too.

yea tornado alley, there is something about them, I don't want to get all metaphysical on ya'all, but you can feel them coming,the sky gets a weird shade of a green hue, physically you can feel a storm in the air, do you know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
physically you can feel a storm in the air, do you know what I mean?

Yep. It's been years since I followed the weather forecasts...Not since I had to shovel three feet of "partly cloudy" off the sidewalk.

I've found that I can tell a storm is coming (either towards me or off to the side) simply by looking out the window & sniffing the air. That's the only forecast I need.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I've found that I can tell a storm is coming (either towards me or off to the side) simply by looking out the window & sniffing the air.

OH heck yes, but you can also feel it in your bones, there is an adrenaline high, almost a heightened sense of awareness,

Then there are the times when the sky look slike a storm is coming but you can feel this storm is going to blow over, it's weird,

and if you think the air is fresher after a storm, you are right negative ions and ozone are nature's way of cleaning the air

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I like them too.

CRACK, BOOM, BANG bring it on!!

I go out to the porch/garage, and the wife heads for the basement!!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i LOVE and MISS my thunderstorms in colorado. it's more excitement than fear for me. i remember 2 lightning hits when i was in my teen years that made you fall down out of pure shock and awe. just awesome CRACKS and exploding thunder afterwards.

we don't get squat for TS in san fran here, and they are missed.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

we don't get squat for TS in san fran here, and they are missed.

Yeah but you've got the Niners. What more do you need?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Yeah but you've got the Niners. What more do you need?

the early 90's all-star line up of the colorado avalanche as the sharks, then all would be well.

lightning:

got to see some classic thunderstorms and lightning on the river while rafting late one evening down the arkansas river above, through, and below salida, co. a few weeks ago.
-- sorry no photos. wasn't equipped to take camera on the river.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I love watching thunderstorms, watching the lightning dance around is cool to watch. I will say this though, the closest that I have ever come to being struck by lightning is about fifty feet from my old house. Lightning nailed the telephone pole and transformer on the corner across from the house. Let's just say that I saw a flash of blue and pink when that happened.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I personally love thunderstorms.
Like omeone else mentioned,i like to sit out on the porch and watch them roll in,well till it rains.
And they make for great sleeping also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join