It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercenaries In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have been guilty of this in the past, going on about abuses of the American administration and troops in Iraq, but the Uk is just as guilty but on a smaller slyer scale. We have our own mercenary groups working over there like the Blackwaters for the Americans.
There name is Global stratiges group.www.globalgroup.com...

Funny i'd never heard of these guys, and the British press is usually pretty good on reporting the things the government isn't to keen on the people hearing, some things i suppose aren't touched upon. Can you even believe really that in this day and age the most advanced countries are still relying upon what is basically a bunch of well trained pirates ( I don't neccesarily mean the troops used in these companies, but the management)

They employ a thousand Fijians whose pay has been withheld
www.counterpunch.org...

there are 50,000 mercenary troops in Iraq completly above the law even more so than our troops, and are the second largest group of troops. Who ever said this war wasn't about money is a comedic genius.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
...but the Uk is just as guilty but on a smaller slyer scale.

What do you think the SAS do when they retire? They set up mercenary companies or they become trainers of mercenaries. Either that or survivalists!!! There is not a lot else you can do unless you're Andy McNab! Google Mark Thatcher (Son of the former prime minister) and Equitorial Guinea for some background!!!

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
There name is Global stratiges group.www.globalgroup.com...

What an amazing web-site!!!! It makes it perfectly clear what they do without saying the actual words. Quite amazing. Great find.

They have had their thumbs in a number of pies - judging by the web-site, business is booming!! Obviously it would not be in their best interest for world peace to suddenly descend up on the planet! I was particularly taken with how they "organise elections" and help introduce democracy.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes they are a dodgey lot, who i assume are encouraged by our government whenever possible. The SAS may join these groups but i doubt they run them? And good old Mark Thatcher what a muppet, couldn't even do a coup properly!

new topics

join