It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Poll: GOP pick is 'none of the above'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

AP Poll: GOP pick is 'none of the above'

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - And the leading Republican presidential candidate is ... none of the above.

The latest Associated Press-Ipsos poll found that nearly a quarter of Republicans are unwilling to back top-tier hopefuls Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, John McCain or Mitt Romney, and no one candidate has emerged as the clear front-runner among Christian evangelicals. Such dissatisfaction underscores the volatility of the 2008 GOP nomination fight.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Im not at all surprised. None of the dandidates really have the draw to attract all parts of the party. Its going to be a tough decision for GOP faithfull. I really thing that Bloomberg may have a really good chance if the GOP and the Dems put forth candidates on both ends of the political spectrum. The middle ground would be up for grabs

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Interesting thing about that poll is it doesn't mention Dr. Ron Paul, whom is accepted by more and more conservatives as the only choice.

But outside Dr. Paul the answer has to be "NONE OF THE ABOVE", they are all elitists or morons, and are not the answer for waht ails America...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It is surprising that this number has increased so much. Most polling that I have seen peg the unsure number around 10-15%. If this trend continues over the next couple of weeks, that is significant. I hesitantly think that this is an outlier, a statistical "blip," and the number will most likely return to the 10-15% range.

Also, it is important to point out that the "no clear winner" is among Evangelicals only, among whom there was no clear winner. They have precious few choices this time around, as most of them seem hesitant about choosing the Mormon--even if he does embrace many of their views (all of a sudden).

[edit on 7/19/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hmmm...Sounds to me like Ron Paul may have a chance anyway.

Dr. Paul is coming up on a solid foundation of Constitutional values & grass roots support, while the "foundations" supporting the "top tier" candidates is getting more shaky by the day. If the top tier foundation collapses, take a look at who's left with a more stable foundation.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be able to get more than 2% in the polls. It's a shame, his ideas are worthy of being debated at the very least.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
[Double post]

[edit on 7/19/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
It's a shame, his ideas are worthy of being debated at the very least.

And that's exactly why his opponents, mainstream media & pretty much any corp that has any influence on public opinion are not mentioning him...They don't want any nasty 'ol Constitution to get in the way of their profits/influence/power, so they try to keep Dr. Paul out of the public eye as much as they can.

This is precisely the same reason why Dr. Paul has to rely on the internet & personal appearances for grass roots support. The less they're willing to mention him on TV/radio/newspapers, the more he has to travel to be seen & heard. At least Dr. Paul's campaign staff has a better grip on campaign finances than McCain did...

I also noticed that the OP's news link didn't even mention Dr. Paul at all...

new topics

top topics

join