It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the New 60's: The Revolution Is You.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I'd like to point out that growing psychologically is good, and you should consciously work on it, but also on your physicality and spirituality. Balance all 3 and when the time comes and you are handed the reigns, our world stands a much improved chance of progressing rather than dissolving. It is nothing new, it is simply the natural path of human growth been denied to 'muggles' for millenia by a self-perpetuating elite to maintain a pyramidical hierarchy of control.

I think the greatest thing is that the younger set is understanding who they are at an earlier age and having that sense of humor about themselves that is so important to being a humle and good person. That does not mean that you have to be soft spoken about your opinion and who you are as a person. Pride and confidence in yourself is not a bad things, as long as you don't think that you are better than everybody else.

I think the path to enlightenment is different for everyone. I think the toughest thing many people have is understanding the psychology of themselves and society. I think after you get in tune with yourself, then is the best time to help other people.

The interesting point I think is the media, which my generation seems to be addicted to and for good reason. The understanding of how media effect the individual is constantly evolving. The psychology of marketing and specification in relation to groups of the populace is creating a marketplace that is truthful to what really is society and where it is going.

A little background on my experience. I am media guy. I have been trained to understand that the present of society is not the future. I know about anti-advertising marketing. I went into advertising because I know the future of advertising was self-effacing advertising. This is advertising that is so truthful (and polarizing) that it takes the conventions of old and flips them on their head. The reason that this is the present and the future is because people are beginning to understand that blatant materialism is a joke.

I originally got into advertising, because I wanted to be truthful to people, while being so over-the-top that it somewhat degrades the spell of materialism. This group of advertising is just becoming popular. You can see it in so much modern advertising, even though it is well hidden. This message is not for the old people, who think it may just be funny or cool, but for the young people who get that materials don't make you better, but you make yourself better. I made a great piece of this advertising in college for my senior project. My teacher did not get it, so she shot it down and wouldn't let us even proceed with it. It is THAT polarizing. The important thing is for our target demographic it would have been perfect, because they understand it. It was a similar in message to Ugly Betty, though I did it before that show was on.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 28-7-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So, I have studied media and it effects on people. I think the media, nowadays, is breaking its own spell. Just look at shows like Sweet 16. It is fun to watch because it shows how horrible greed and all its accouterments can effect people. The shallow people are interested in the materialism. The people who get it, can see how absurd it is and laugh at it.

I think the internet allows people to be who they are without the bad feeling of class, even though there is still the affects of the class based system on the net. I also think that unlike media, you can actually get more angles of reality on the net.

I think the internet is key, because it makes you think to type. I think that what you understand you're own psychology you can be real or fake or whatever you want to be. I think the computer generation has a much greater grasp of what the world is because of media that shows the truth. Whatever form the media may be, you can always find the niche for who you are at that time. It also allows people to get access to things they never would have before the internet.

Kids these days don't care about the materialism. They care about the media and its message that is a big step. They may not seem interested in world events, but they are affected by them. They have no control over them, so why should they worry. When our time comes, we'll feel free to speak our mind.

I have studied much philosophy, which is great for understanding. But, I think the best thing is to learn of the world and make you own.

And didn't you here the revolution will be televised...

[edit on 21-7-2007 by frailty]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The revolution will not be televised

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Excellent post!

My addition was deemed too graphic so I will try this.
A link to google search for my favorite song from the sixties,
WAR IS OVER if you want it.
John Lennon- WAR IS OVER...if you want it

Warning, some of the choices in that search may show you disturbing photos or video footage of what war is about, I.E. violence and dehumanization.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
frailty et al... I, too, work in marketing communications. And it would seem that the first step in this struggle is to communicate what is going on to as many people as we possibly can. I'd like to present some thoughts on what I think we should do (and equally as important, what we must avoid). I don't have the answer. I don't think I even have part of the answer. I desperately want others to bring their thoughts to this thread because it's our collective experience and expertise that is going to find the traction for this. We need to get started people and we need to get started yesterday,

First, we need a cohesive, clear and single message that is 100% supported by facts, is understandable to the average American, is absolutely unambiguous and utterly compelling.

Second, our message cannot smack of anarchism or revolution. This would only allow people (or 'Them') to dismiss it as anti-American or radical and to demonize the movement. We need to avoid polarization.

Third, as compelling as their arguments may be, we can't allow issues such as NWO, 911 conspiracies, Federal Reserve, NAU, chemtrails, HAARP, prison camps and the myriad of other topics that very well may be extensions of this issue to become distractions. Your average American is unlikely to even want to consider these ideas and their inclusion would most likely lead to a baby-bath water outcome.

Fourth, this movement must not allow itself to be associated with any single group or cause. That is, it can't be seen as a Christian movement, or gun owner movement, or democratic movement, or conservative movement, etc. We need to be united Americans (and friends) for the restoration of Constitutional and fully accountable government. Period.

Fifth, we need to identify a single (respected or respectable) organization that can act as the launching pad for this. Of course, we could start a new one but I'm willing to bet there is an existing one (with its existing infrastructure) with a similar mission statement. Starting from scratch would be less efficient. Any potential organization must be vetted within an inch of its life.

Sixth, of course, we need to get respected (and non-polarizing) celebrities (from entertainment, media, politics (ret), military (ret), etc.) to associate with the cause. And I don't think they all need to be Americans. As a matter of fact, I think having respected foreign personalities associated with the cause can serve to underscore its importance --- not just in America but globally.

Seventh, we need to launch a media campaign directed at the military, public safety (police et al.) and political representatives reminding them of their oaths of office to uphold and protect the Constitution and the Republic --- first and foremost.

Eighth, as an extension of seven we need to get current elected government officials at the local, county, state and federal level to sign a statement promising to uphold the Constitution and reject policies and legislation that serve to violate or circumvent it. We can publish a regularly updated list of those who have (and/or who have not) agreed to sign the statement.

Ninth, Come on ATS. Pick it up from here. We need your ideas, commitment and action. We are by nature a community of all talk. That doesn’t mean can’t also be a community of action. It has to start somewhere. I say it starts here.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Great thread jtma508. Flagged and Starred.

Your words capture and echo the way I have been feeling for years now.

I am AMAZED there is no more public outcry, no anti-war demonstrations,
no concern by the masses. Your call to action and steps outlining what
needs to occur is a great start. I am anxious to see how and where we go
from here and count me in.

Here is another group I have recently come across which mirrors some
of your suggestions and are active on many topics.

wearechange.org...

Alhtough they are grass-roots, they already have some structure in place.

Hope this helps.

Thanks....kinda kurious

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of the NWO type threads,
but this caught my eye.

We, as a society are "I want it now".

Have been, since we left caves.

Why cultivate fields and raise livestock ?
Beats the hell outta finding it.

I want my wheat and beef now.

Forward 10,000 years or so.

Here we are. We get it even faster.
Bomb explodes in Ireland, it's posted and
read seconds later.

As far as wars go. Well, been going. On.
And on. And on.

Does anyone think we can actually STOP
wars ? Seriously ?

Hatred is demonstrated early in the Bible.
Cain killed Abel.
Killed his own brother.

Violence seems to be the nature of man-
kind.
Sad, yes.
True, nonetheless.

Comes back to my "Now" idea.

And, religion plays a heavy hand, each
having their own "ace up the sleeve".

Is there an answer ? An over-all solution ?

I have no idea.

Personally, I don't feel threatened by anything
going on, globally.

But, equating our present society to that of the
60's...as someone said, history repeats itself.

The "love-ins" didn't work.
The drugs didn't help.

But those young people grew up to be role models.

Strange, huh ?

Not to me.
To me, it's simple.

Accept others as they are.
Forget looks, colors, customs, beliefs and religion.

See the person. The person, folks.

Will this ever happen ?
Sadly, probably not.
But, I practice this belief in my daily life.

Sorry for rambling.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
READ the entire post it is worth it , please!

the biggest problem as most won't notice yet is the economic situation that lay before us. you may see the stock market at 14000 and say oh whatever, but prices can rise while value goes DOWN.

this may not be obvious just yet. but people know what's going on , they are making plans for it.

you see everyone loves an early inflation prices of assets go up , considerably up, while most goods stay cheap, credit is easily available and everything seems peachy, then the credit cycle tightens, asset prices start leveling off and falling, at the same time prices of goods go up, and people start getting laid off , when consumers can't buy the goods that keep people in business.

now look at the "miraculous" situation the United States Has been in. The dollar has been the world reserve currency. and it is still holding on, but falling very fast. you see when other country's have to buy U.S dollar/ t-bills to hold in there reserves because they need them to pay there biggest bill (the energy/oil) bill , we have the luxury of exporting our inflation to other country's. yep that we have, but we used our military might wisely and the federal reserve had been more conservative with it's monetary policy ensuring a strong dollar. well all that has changed. the fed is destroying the dollar, and ( btw the federal government has NO say in the privately owened federal reserve monetary policy which greatly guides the nations economy) the fact is it is tuff to keep such a situation going in any country for a long time.

we will see the dollar fall more, country's start buying oil in things other than dollars (japan agreed to pay iran for oil in yen) and (russia plans to buy there oil in rubles next year) as well as other country's joining them. our military can't fight everyone off. so they have stuck to there guns in IRAQ and the president and his croonies have secured oil contracts for his buddies and himself because they know what the future holds. other country's will be forced to devalue there currency's so that they will be able to keep there exports high enough to keep economies going other wise the prices would be way too high for U.S consumers. this will cause all fiat currency's ( dollar, euro, yuan, and yen) to depreciate ( your stack of them may go up) but the value goes down and this will become apparent when prices go up, which they will begin to rapidamento. but when the credit cycle unwinds the stocks are gonna tumble ( especially those stocks who companies have BAlance sheets that show all there financing and worth is leveraged i.e from borrowed money) this will be a blood bath in the markets, and those (who have a job and money left) will rush into (hard assets) things that are real (not paper) such as Physical GOLD, silver, as well as stocks that are based on real assets (not inflated borrowing) like OIL and commodities such as food i.e soybeans, grains, etc.

The biggest threat is financial and the dollar no longer being the world standard currency, there are plans in the making for this to come to pass, our jobs are being shipped overseas to india and china, immigrants will be a huge part of the work force after this collapse, it wil be a LONG, STEADY fall and don't be surprised to see war break out in the ME simultaniously.

THE FERERAL reserve needs to be abolished RIGHT NOW to save alot of suffering.

www.nebraskaparty.org...

jefferson said

If the American people ever allow the private banks to control this issue of currency first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Yes we did produce a near perfect Republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty , lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the surest way to destruction

the strong dollar as reserve standard for the world delayed american's the sure pain that he predicted would be the fate from the fed. it happened 77 years ago, and i'm afraid all the pins are falling into place again. but we don't have the infrastructure to rebuild in place, at least now

i say the fall becomes noticed this October enjoy the summer

[edit on 21-7-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 21-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
THE FERERAL reserve needs to be abolished RIGHT NOW to save alot of suffering.

Preaching to the converted? Here's some more to preach about, all right here at ATS: Please note some of the dates that these threads were started...
America: Freedom to Fascism - Federal Reserve and Taxes
Int'l bankers attempting to destroy America - NWO - 9/11 - Federal Reserve - Smoking gun
The FED is a serious scam. When is something going to be done about it?
The U. S. Government WORKS For PRIVATE BANKS and BANKERS!
...And probably others I don't have listed in My Favorites...

The thing is, more people are waking up everyday...Some are marching, others are successfully fighting against the political issues that affect everyone (here, here, here & here, many more examples abound) & every one of these links are here at ATS...Offering a way to educate people on how to stand up to "the machine" of bloated Government. Since the Government has been negatively impacting on all aspects of your life, you need to know how to counter it in all aspects of your life; Yeah, it's a lot of BS to learn, but you'll at least get to show them that you know where you stand & where they should be standing. Like Shooterbrody said, "Involvement." Or, as I like to put it, "Free your mind & your @$$ will follow."

Yes, it's happening...The question is whether or not it'll happen before requiring a lot of unneccesary bloodshed. If we fail to exercise our 1st Amendment Rights in time to do any good, we'll be forced to exercise our 2nd Amendment Rights. In the 60's, People didn't push for their peaceful exercise of Rights hard enough & the Government's been "upping the ante" ever since.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
We could spend all day listing the problems. There are several threads here on ATS that discuss various aspects of the out-of-control government. Every day more and more political commentators are coming forward expressing serious concerns about the goings-on in Washington. There is a slowly building tide of impeachment. There are numerous battles between Congress and the Administration over Iraq, executive priviledge and the like. I think most here agree that things are disturbingly off-track.

The real question becomes: what do we do about it and how? This is a serious question people. Writing letters to your Congressman isn't going to get you that far. They're a major part of the problem. How do we go about initiating system-wide change before it's too late?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The real question becomes: what do we do about it and how? This is a serious question people. Writing letters to your Congressman isn't going to get you that far. They're a major part of the problem. How do we go about initiating system-wide change before it's too late?

I know Ive been asking myself this very question, and trying my best to find some reason. After 2 years of looking I really dont think its within my hands to help. The more I try to help, the more I find Im just another puppet.

Like Alex Jones for instance, I was very gun ho when I first heard him, and totally was hook, line, sinker! I started to open my eyes to these so called truth movements and found they are just as bad as the government.

So now I sit here in front of my computer reading the same thoughts that run threw my head! Thanks for the great thread btw, but still all the same I am lost and done playing puppet boy for people that only want to make money off this..

I wanted to do something, and then I found my name getting out, and money comming in.. NO I said! I dont want money, fame! I want to be the guy who does it behind the scene! I dont want anything but the piece of mind that I live in a good place, and in my heart I knew I made a differance! Yet all those people who claim they want to "help". Are simply helping themselves to your money, mind and time..

Once I saw threw this its like that part from Braveheart, where Mel's charater see the duke with the english... I want to cry, but know its not going to help until someone steps up and starts something in the name of goodness, and not for money or fame!

I would be willing to do graphic arts, and artwork, its what Im good at.
I dont want money, and I dont want credit.. But I am sertinly not using my skills to make someone else rich.. IM tired of that, and it gets us no where!
You have my support if anyone can come up with something!

Sure I have ideas, but they are my own, and I try not to get attached to my own ideas.. So hopefully someone is going to stand up.. And not for the fame or the money, but becasue it is right!!!

[edit on 113131p://1019 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Hey jtma, great thread. I am commenting as promised

My girlfriend and I had a discussion about this last night. We talked about how the media only plays news that happens to portray the government in a certain light, terrorists in another way, and then civilians in a third. We are supposed to rely and trust our government. But...I don't think I've ever really trusted them nor relied on their help.

The government no longer is made up of 'people', but greedy politicians elected so they can take care of their own and help out special interest groups.

The only way to fix this in my opinion, would be to either A). dismantle the whole government and re-elect everyone starting from the top to the bottom...Impeach Bush/Cheney and their whole cabal all the way down to state and county governments (town mayors too). Or option B). which involves a revolution, peaceful or violent. I would say peaceful would be more beneficial to us though. As Justin Oldham said in one thread, we need to document the abuses by our government and prove to our current (and future) generations that what we are doing is justified.

We need to prove to the average Joe that revolting against our tyrannical government will somehow benefit his family and the whole country.

While the abuses tend to be outright and public, that doesn't necessarily mean the average person cares what is happening. We need to prove to everyone that our government has overstepped their means on countless subjects and needs to be reigned in.

We need proof! Extraordinary proof!

A ten million man/woman march on DC would definitely spark something. If we all demanded Congress to vote on an impeachment process maybe then the government would wake up. If we were able to oust our current Senators/Congresspeople because they voted a certain way, that would rattle some heads.

However, the whole government has become lazy and comlacent...Just like the whole of the US.

We do not live in a democracy, we live in a democratic republic. We have 'representatives' who for the most part do not do what is best for our country.

What we really need is an educated populace and a direct democracy...But I don't know how people will be educated when they believe everything they read and the public school system is government funded.

So...is there a way to impeach as a civilian?

From the Federalist papers:

Federalist 49: "It is the reason, alone, of the public, that ought to control and regulate the government. The passions ought to be controlled and regulated by the government."

Well we need to start. Regulators....Mount up!

Reconsidering Impeachment

That’s why the impeachment of George W. Bush would send an important signal to other elected officials, and the power elite. It would be an indication that the American people are tired of Washington business-as-usual and serious about holding our leaders accountable for their actions. I’m not suggesting that the focus be exclusively on Bush, because I think his whole crew - Cheney, Gonzales, Rice, and Rumsfeld, among others - should go down, too. However, the logical place to start is with the guy at the top: the decider-in-chief.

Bob Dylan once wrote” “even the President of the United States sometimes has to stand naked.” This is the time for the trappings of power to be stripped from George Bush. He needs to stand naked before the law and take full responsibility for the failures of his Administration. Impeach Dubya.

I couldn't find any sources relating to the civilian's right to impeach. But I believe we do have the power.

Can anyone shed light on this matter?

Case for Impeachment

Articles of Impeachment

McKinney calls for Impeachment

[edit on 23-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hey Biggie... I'm all for impeachment for BOTH of these clowns. But there is a risk there. We've all become programmed to quick fixes. You know, school shooting : enact some gun laws. Terror attack : ban lighters on planes. The problem here is that if we focus on impeachment and it happens, everyone will say 'There, that fixes that problem'. But it won't. As Justin Oldham points out in this thread, the Democrats aren't going for inpeachment for a reason. They have their own agenda. Keep in mind, the individuals that are at the root of this problem work backstage in both parties.

In my estimation, all politicians need to be put on notice. We need properly credentialed people to look at what is going on and identify departures from the Constitution with chapter and verse. Then we need to demand that things be put right --- as outlined in the Constitution.

We've all become the minor players in this country and that can't be allowed to stand any longer. IF we can still reclaim this country we have a very, very narrow window within which to do it.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

I know Ive been asking myself this very question, and trying my best to find some reason. After 2 years of looking I really dont think its within my hands to help. The more I try to help, the more I find Im just another puppet.

Hmmm...I remember another thread where an illegal alien had holed up in a church for sanctuary against being deported...In that thread, it was mentioned that a few unarmed people (about a dozen or so) could just enter the church & conduct a Citizens' Arrest then turn the illegal over to the Immigration Agents. Of course, for an idea like this to work in Washington D.C., it'd take a couple of million or more Citizens to pull it off...It's not just a matter of the Bush Administration either; It's pretty much all three Branches that would need to be arrested. Just consider how much time it would take simply to gather enough evidence against each & every person in Government to justify a Citizens' Arrest.
And even though it would be a long distance for most people to travel, just consider the population of the New York City Area by itself when you want to talk about Citizen-numbers.

Originally posted by biggie smalls
The only way to fix this in my opinion, would be to either A). dismantle the whole government and re-elect everyone starting from the top to the bottom...Impeach Bush/Cheney and their whole cabal all the way down to state and county governments (town mayors too). Or option B). which involves a revolution, peaceful or violent. I would say peaceful would be more beneficial to us though. As Justin Oldham said in one thread, we need to document the abuses by our government and prove to our current (and future) generations that what we are doing is justified.

Of course, document everything, otherwise the courts would simply release the arrested criminals with no trial pending. In the scenario I just mentioned above your quote, 'A' would have to be done after 'B'.

We do not live in a democracy, we live in a democratic republic.

Technically, it should be a Constitutional Republic with no Democracy at all. The Founding Forefathers of the USA abhorred Democracy: One major reason is that, in a Democracy, 51% of the Citizens can "vote away" all of the Rights of the other 49%. The Constitution was written to ensure that nothing would be allowed to strip the Rights of the Citizens.
"The people...are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."--Thomas Jefferson

[edit on 23-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I couldn't find any sources relating to the civilian's right to impeach. But I believe we do have the power.

Can anyone shed light on this matter?

Easy...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
source

No... the Declaration of Independence doesn't carry any legal weight, however the D.o.I., and it's very principle, is in fact the very foundation that built this great nation.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Text
I agree with what's already been stated that your post is extremely well written and thoughtful. However, the answer to what we do about this crisis is obviously not simple, partially because the current crisis has been a long time in the making. I am no fan of the current administration, but I am also aware that each administration deals with a certain amount of inherited baggage. Having said that, I think it's becoming obvious that there are nearly invisible networks involved in world events, and they operate within and above the scope of any government, making it very difficult to infiltrate or stop or even sort out.
There still isn't much truth going on in regards to 9/11 or Iraq, or Afghanistan. And there is much more going on world wide than is acknowleged, and it's all inter connected.
Where the present government in this country is concerned, however, I agree with a poster above who stated that to stop working, for even a day, might make a difference. I have been blogging that for some time. We are controlled in this country by our consumption, to prop up an economy based on debt, and paper money that isn't based on anything since the inception of the Fed. The only way to affect the situation at this point would seem to be for people to take a week off from buying, watching television, driving, and going to work. Unfortunately, there aren't many people who can afford to stop working. I understand this. However, I don't think anything will change unless Americans take back the power they have in the expenditure of their money. Stop spending. If a significant majority of the country did this for just a few days, and somehow organized--but this is where it gets tricky. Even if you could get 50 Americans to agree to the same thing, there is such fear today in our society that none of us know how to organize ourselves without being tracked and punished for it. And our government has some very broad rights now legally to lock us up for expressing ideology.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I too can feel the changes.

We are living in interesting times.

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Infoholic, I know. Its just too bad our politicians aren't very familiar with this paper. And the ones who are don't really care...

I would say our only option now is to unite. Regardless of political feelings, we need to come together and recognize our common enemy: A totalitarian dictatorship already in the making.

EVERY person matters. People need to be more aware that their vote really does count, that if they protest and march in the streets our government will be very very afraid.

We have been complacent for far too long. I've just about had it with all the doom and gloom predictions.

We need to do SOMETHING. That much is clear from what I've been reading here on ATS. My fellow ATSers for the most part want to take action.

So why don't we?

We can talk all day until we're blue in the face and nothing will happen. One of us needs to take the initiative, and it may have to be me.

Edit: The Police and military may become our greatest allies actually. We will have to combat mercs such as Blackwater and Halliburton. It is also possible that we will see a UN expeditionary force sent over to deal with the 'insurgents.'

[edit on 23-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by girlintheworld
Unfortunately, there aren't many people who can afford to stop working. I understand this. However, I don't think anything will change unless Americans take back the power they have in the expenditure of their money. Stop spending.

It's not really the People that have been overspending...The National Debt is not what we owe to the Government...It's what the Government owes to the Federal Reserve. The National Debt has been the Government taking our money, putting it into the Fed Res Bank & then borrowing our own money back, with interest & then spending more than they have in the "account!" It's the government that needs to control its spending...And the best way to reduce the cost of Government is to reduce the size of Government.
So, like every other problem between the Government & the People, it's a problem that the People have to solve.

Originally posted by girlintheworld
And our government has some very broad rights now legally to lock us up for expressing ideology.

No, the Government does not have that "right." They never did & never will as long the People can make them adhere to their Constitutional Oaths. Read the 1st Amendent...It also includes that "Congress shall make no law abridging" other Citizens' Rights. Simply put, this means that the Government has no right to deprive Citizens of our Rights. Ironic thing is, that by depriving People of Rights, they're depriving themselves of those very same Rights! The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land & each & every Office Holder on both State & Federal levels must legally bind themselves (by Oath or Affirmation) to act "in pursuance of" that Constitution for as long as they hold Office. Each & every instance where they don't constitutes a Crime against the Nation & they are legally responsible for those crimes.

We need to do SOMETHING. That much is clear from what I've been reading here on ATS. My fellow ATSers for the most part want to take action.

So why don't we?

Because ATS has it firmly set in the T&C's that this website is nuetral ground a far as activism is concerned...We can dicuss here, but not "recruit" for activist causes. In short, I can post a link to an activist group, but only for the purpose of spreading the solid information that the group has collected & open it up for discussion here. But to try to incite/organize/recruit for an activist cause on ATS is grounds for immediate banning. You've been around ATS long enough to know this already, but I only give you this respectful warning on the off-chance that you didn't know.

Read information here...Learn new things here...Discuss new topics here...But if you want to actually do something based on what you learned here, you must go somewhere else.

Edit: The Police and military may become our greatest allies actually. We will have to combat mercs such as Blackwater and Halliburton. It is also possible that we will see a UN expeditionary force sent over to deal with the 'insurgents.'

If you want some news that actually has some heart to it, check out BO XIAN's first post on page 2 over here, which contains a link to the Hal Turner Show & then check out something else I pointed out from that Hal Turner link later on the same page...If the Government tries anything like that, they'll find out that they & the combined military are vastly outnumbered--After all, what's the current population of the USA? Not even including all of the illegal immigrants, we still top the 300 million mark!

Even during the war of Independence, the colonial combatants here in the US were outnumbered, out-gunned & didn't have the benefit of the Redcoat's military training...And everyone knows how that worked out!

Okay, I'm aware the you, Biggie Smalls, have already seen it...I only point this out for others who may be interested in accordance to what you've posted here.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Midnight... When I started this thread one of the things I hoped it would do is bring forward the identities of activist causes that we could all investigate and learn about. So far, there haven't been many forthcoming. If people are aware of ongoing efforts pertaining to the discussions in this thread (and elsewhere) please post links so that we can all educate ourselves and discuss the pros and cons of each. Perhaps we could identify the single most promising organization through this process?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join