It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Top Secret Construction at Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Something big is in the works at Nevada's legendary Area 51 military base. A massive new building is under construction at the top secret location. Aviation experts say there's a good chance that a new, highly classified aircraft might soon be zipping around the Nevada skies.

Read here:

www.lasvegasnow.com...

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's not quite very secret at all. It's been discussed on here before, and is just a new large hangar. Nothing too odd about a hangar being built at a base is there?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What do you think?

I think anything is possible. People have seen the photos of hangar on the net by Paul Wilson already, for example:

www.pbase.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
what is that black sqaure in that picture...

it's not quite 1/2 over and towards the top of the picture.

Anyone else see it?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Norio, that pic is excellent, but what do you think this rectangular object is? I cropped it down from the image you linked to.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Karilla]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That rectagular object has the appearance of a large obelisk hovering
over the mountain top. But it also looks like something added to the
photo by someone, though there wouldn't be reason to, unless it's
superimposed on the pic to hide a real structure. Interesting.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
what is that black sqaure in that picture...

it's not quite 1/2 over and towards the top of the picture.

Anyone else see it?

To tell you the truth, I haven't the slightest idea.
Initially I even thought that it could be a runway in the distance, west of Area 51. Your guess is as good as mine.
LOL !!

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The dark, rectangular object on the hilltop is just a microwave reflector. These are fairly common, at least in the western U.S.

The new large building (Hangar 25?) is interesting, but it's too early to speculate about its purpose. It could be a general maintenance facility. We have to wait for some new overhead imagery to see what is attached to the hangar and how it has been placed in relation to the taxiways and runways. That still wont reveal all its secrets, but it's a start.

In 2005, a hangar was added to the Southend Ramp. Hangar 24 was built adjacent to hangars 9 through 16, the area historically used by Lockheed (now Lockheed Martin) for the A-12, HAVE BLUE, F-117A, and other programs. Why build another hangar of comparable size? Were all the others occupied? And, now we have this new one that is at least twice the size of Hangar 18.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is quite an intresting article. The new construction suggests to me that Groom Lake is probably in the middle of some very large black projects, the scope of which I can't even begin to guess. One think that I found quite intresting was the quote in the Article from our own Pete Merlin (A.K.A. Shadowhawk):

"There are at least seven and maybe as many as eleven manned classified air craft that have not yet been unveiled that have been flying since 1985 and countless unmanned programs as well. Most of these things have been tested there. I know some of the guys that have flown these airplanes," Merlin continued

Pete is as close to an insider as we are likly to find sharing anything. IF anyone here knows something, a good bet is that it's Pete Merlin.

Speaking of which, Pete, would you be willing to give us some insight on these 7 to 11 possible "Dark Eagles" of Groom Lake?

What do you think these manned aircraft might be?

Tim

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
interesting...i didn't know that Shdowhawk was him. i remember reading that article and thinking, "this guy just sounds like he is telling the truth. the above quote was one of my favorite parts of the article by the way

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The new large hangar appears to be similar in size to Hangar 1600 at Edwards, a general maintenance facility with attached machine shops, istrumentation shops, and other facilities for routine maintenance and modification. Perhaps the new building at Groom is similar. I can't imagine any single program that would require a hangar this size.

There are about two dozen hangars of various sizes at the Groom Lake facility. I can't believe the Air Force would spend the money to build new hangars if there was not a pressing need.

There are reportedly some UAV programs at the site right now. I imagine they would easily fit in some of the smaller hangars.

As to the various unacknowledged programs that have taken place at Groom over the past two decades, there have been many unmanned projects and a surprisingly large number of manned aircraft. For information on some of the manned programs, check out this article:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
. . . and a surprisingly large number of manned aircraft. For information on some of the manned programs, check out this article:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

Surprisingly large? No offense but did you ever consider that maybe the Generals and Admirals at the Pentagon don't fully trust the UAV's for really sensitive missions?

With a manned aircraft, there is always a person right there who can take action if something goes wrong. Sometime the solution to a serious problem isn't something you fix with a computer, but just plain old-fashion human ingenuity and creativity

Case in Point: Remember the XB-70 test where the landing gear failed to lower? That was solved when the pilot crawled into an equipment bay on the plane and put a paper clip into a fuse box of some kind.

This is a classic example of how a person can create an On-the-Spot solution to a problem that a computer could never come up with. When your plane cost $1 Billion or more a copy, I would think you would want every advantage you can get.

Tim

[edit on 7/20/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
doesn't everybody know that this hanger is to house the 600' long TR-3B! Just kidding.

I go with maintenance hangar. maybe they want to keep more employees and the equipment out of the sun and heat and dust n dirt and a really large hanger is more suitable for that purpose.

new topics

top topics

join