It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House declares they can seize your property if you protest against Stability of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
How can you still be a parrot for this presidency? How can you sit there and be the biggest "mark" ever in the country. How can you? It's so against America. We can't take dissent now?

No one has an answer. And for godsake don't bring up Clinton. Alot of us didn't like Clinton for his trade policies that helped widen the cracks in the United States

God, Clinton isn't even in the same orbit as this guy in terms of destruction to our stability as a country. If you put the X to his name 2 times I hope you learned your lesson. This isn't defined as "American"
It's defined as thuggery and it never works for long on the masses.

www.whitehouse.gov...

, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that, due to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by acts of violence threatening the peace and stability of Iraq and undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq and to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people, it is in the interests of the United States to take additional steps with respect to the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, and expanded in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004. I hereby order:

Section 1. (a) Except to the extent provided in section 203(b)(1), (3), and (4) of IEEPA (50 U.S.C. 1702(b)(1), (3), and (4)), or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, all property and interests in property of the following persons, that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons, are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in: any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense,

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Go to the link and read the description of the circumstances under which this order freezes assets.

This is no more ominous than any other freezing of assetts. It says that if you are materially supporting efforts to destabilize Iraq, we're preventing you from making transactions which could achieve that end.

Protesting will not incur any consequences. Virtually nobody in the United States is even remotely in danger of falling into this wrongly.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The last section of that bill made me think a bit. How effective would this bill be if it can't be enforced against it's own people?

Sec. 8:

Sec. 8. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right, benefit, or privilege, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, instrumentalities, or entities, its officers or employees, or any other person.

Emphasis mine.

This whole thing makes me wonder just what's going on here.

Any insights?

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity.]

[edit on 20-7-2007 by TheBorg]

join