It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we mining on the Moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Let’s say for argument sake that there are large mining operations on the moon.

These mining towns have been digging up exactly what? Where is it being shipped to? If its earth bound for what use? Don’t company manifests have to report where this material comes from?

I’m not sure on any of it was just pounding some thoughts as if it was true.

I know John Lear thinks it is.

Thoughts?

ETA

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Maybe special metal that the gvt needs to build ufos ...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Why would the have to mine that on the moon?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My best guess would be, regardless of what John Lear says, Helium 3. Perfect fuel source, very rare on Earth, non polluting, etc.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
My guess would be Helium-3. After all, the idea has even been proposed openly by the government.

There’s Helium-3 in them there Moon hills!

Helium-3 (He3) a rare particle on Earth but abundant on the Moons lunar surface (He3 is required for a fusion reactant - safe nuclear energy) has an energy value in today's dollars is $5.7 million per kilogram when compared to the value and energy potential of oil.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The moon's soil is 20 percent metals ( iron and aluminum ) and 20 percent silicon, which is needed to make solar power cells. You have oxygen in the lunar soil and water at the polls. Contruction material like concrete, cast basalt, fiberglass, cast glass and other metals that can be used to build a lunar base. Aluminum can be used as an electrical conductor. It is lightweight, makes good structural elements, mirrors and atomized aluminum powder makes a good fuel when burned with oxygen. In fact it is the fuel source of the Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters
NASA experiments using Simulated Lunar Soil have produced glass ceramics with "superior mechanical properties with tensile strengths in excess of 50,000 psi which can be used as structural components of buildings in space or on the Moon." In one study, scientists determined that lunar helium-3, which originated from the sun and was deposited on the Moon by the solar wind, could be mined and transported to Earth. Some early estimates place the value of helium-3 equivalent to buying oil at $7 a barrel. Because the Moon has one-sixth the Earth's gravity, relatively little energy would be required to lift the material. Through this process, other products also would be produced, including nitrogen, methane, helium, water, carbon-oxygen compounds, hydrogen, all of which are vital to human existence in space.
Mining the moon for a Nuclear Future

Mining The Moon

Just a few things to mine for on the moon. I really wonder if we're doing it now in Top Secret fashion?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
But what is it being used for, If you read the John Leer thread supposedly the pictures reveal mining operations that are ancient and still being used today.

So what consumer product made from these materials are benefitting on earth?

Just seems strange to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, that is where your personal "leap of faith" will have to come into play. I have not and probably will not take that leap that John asks many to take to believe his statements are true, fact. MHO is that it doesnt make any sense to you because what John says is unverifiable and unproven entertainment. Read the line in his signature....

Its all based on one mans ideas, perceptions and fantasies and if you can bring yourself to "believe" those things without any proof, then nothing I can say will make any sense to you.

Could we be mining the moon? Secretly, sure but there will be no proof of that. Unitl I see that ugly mean old evidence, I'll remain in the "No Mining" camp.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
it is Heluim 3 .. its abundant on the moon ..

it's one of the main ingrediants for i think is 'fusion' or could be fission ... the one that is nice for everyone anyway..

so its widely accepted at some point we will crack fusion/fission.. (we need the one at room temp i think)
and when we do we want to be in control of the fuel for this .. i mean its like buildings tons of gas stations and then having to go look for oil .. now thats just stupid isnt it. ....?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If it is true about mining the moon in the past and secretly today then we really have know idea what was made from moon material. Plastics and silicon chips was a big invention back in the day and has really changed our future for the better. The first man-made plastic was created by Alexander Parkes who publicly demonstrated it at the 1862 Great International Exhibition in London.
Silicon Chip

These are most likely earth materials but you never know? I'm with Lostmind on the John Lear subject. He is very credible and knowledgable, ecspecially in aviation. But I can't believe everything he says. Alot of entertainment goes in with Mr. Lear when it comes to soul catchers and alien stories. I just keep an open mind and wait for the truth to unfold.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So as we are talking 'for arguments sake'

Any fan of Wallace & Gromit knows that they would obviously be mining cheese. As even the dimmest person knows that the moon is made of it. Any argument about mining on the moon or even moon inhabitants, being purely speculative must admit that there is a as much chance of it being made of cheese as there is of the moon being placed there or of being inhabited or even of having an atmosphere.

I am sure that proponents of Moon habitation like zorgon or Mr Lear, secretly know that I could possibly be right.
I suggest that what Mr Lear calls a 'Soul Collector' is actually a Milk Cooler used to chill the milk down before being made into new cheese.
Those crater things? They arent craters per se, they are giant drip marks where Interstellar transporters missed the Milk cooler and dropped big blobs of Milk onto the cheese surface.

I could go on but I think Im being monitored by martians who are after my new recipe for Wensleydale !

If anyone asks......

YOU AINT SEEN ME

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I agree about John, but for the sake of argument we should at least be in agreement that this is actual happening to stay on focus for the purpose of this thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why should they bother going to the moon for things that are abundant here on Earth. We're not likely to run out of silicon or aluminum any time soon. And given the enormous cost (and time) to get Helium 3 from the moon, it's really just cheaper to make it here on Earth. And it's a byproduct of dismantling nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extraterrestrial Agenda
Why would the have to mine that on the moon?

Coz it may not exist on earth. and is nessessary to build what the need to build.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extraterrestrial Agenda
These mining towns have been digging up exactly what?

Gold, apparently. Unlike on Earth, where volcanic forces have pushed most of the gold down into the magma, gold is relatively easy to mine on the Moon. According to Mr. Lear, that's the case with most planets and moons in the Solar System, with the exception of Venus, which has more volcanic activity even than Earth. Gold is formed in abundance during stellar formation.

So here on Earth, we have whole economies built on gold, but only because it's relatively rare here. If everybody knew that there was buckets of it just lying around on the Moon, then it would be very bad for the Earth economy and the Status Quo. Therefore, The Powers That Be have developed a Secret Space Force, which is in charge of going to the Moon and bringing back just enough gold to keep them in power, but not enough to wreck the Earth economy. There's also a military component to the Force, which is used to monitor the aliens who have a base on the farside of the Moon. They only appear to be watching us for now, but the Force is there just in case they decide to make more direct contact with Earth, which will also throw the economy into complete turmoil.

That's the way I understand it.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Are you sure they are bringing back gold and not ........errrrr.....cheese?

Theres a distinct lack of Cheddar around these parts.
Im going to take a run to Boscombe Down and see if theyre flying cheese in on secret missions.

Now wait a minute..... John Lear was a pilot, I think all his postings about the moon may now be disinformation when he is in fact smuggling cheese!

I must get to the bottom of this conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Are you sure they are bringing back gold and not ........errrrr.....cheese?

I think you could be onto something here. After all, wasn't it a cow that jumped over the Moon? Maybe that's where the cheese comes from! The Cat and the Fiddle are obviously references to Nero and Imperial Rome. But what about the dish running away with the spoon? Could the "dish" be a reference to flying saucers?

I think we should all do more research on this cheese issue and report our findings ASAP.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
we should refrain from posting crap that we know isn't true...

There is no cheese and milk on the moon, you know it, I know it and everyone knows it.

Jeez, when does school start again...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I wish the comedians would get their own category where they can laugh at each others vapid jokes..but on to business:

Is it feasible or possible that the entire moon is a gigantic, self sustaining entity that is used to keep the operations going? What I mean is, if the moon was ' towed ' or otherwise placed into orbit around the earth eons ago, then it might stand to reason that the moon was a base and contained all of the fuel supplies needed well into the billions of years.

If the ancients were able to stay on the moon for whatever reasons, it pretty much had to be self reliant, with adequate power sources, raw materials ( Helium 3 etc.) and equipment to perform such tasks as needed.
There is ample evidence of such mining operations, and if the ' ancients ' are still there working away, then we are second in line for resources. All they have to do is mine the moons resources at a constant rate and they have power forever!! Or at least into the foreseeable future.

Since we were ' warned off ' the moon , it might be very realistic to suppose that it is an occupied territory and not a vassel of the imperial forces here on earth, be they the USA or the Russkies. If they have virtually unlimited power supplioes, and can remain operational for eons, they are very advanced and able to disguise most surface operations pretty well, but not perfectly, hence the evidence we see in photo's.

Maybe the Star Wars stuff is meant for a takeover of the moon and it's resources from the ' alien ' owners. The moon is hollow, it has huge miles high spires built on the surface, and legions of anomalies to give testimony to the occupation and use of the moon for vast ages of time. I am speculating, of course and have no firm opinions, except for the fact that the moon for sure has been occupied, if not currently, and for the moon to be where it is, and show the values it exhibits, makes it without a doubt a case of the truth being hidden from view, and probably for the purposes of exploitation and enrichment of corporate and private entities.

There is NO way that the moon could be hollow unless it were a manufactured or adapted planetoid expressly put into orbit for reasons and used for eons for other reasons. Some day, I pray, we will know the full truth; until then, it is safe to assume that the moon is not a barren and airless rock that just happens to have hundreds of inexplicable anomalies. Or rather, the explanations of the anomalies are more telling than the asumption that it could all just be happenstance that caused these anomalies. the odds just do not allow for chance; it must be by design.

When we find out WHO the designers are, or were, and what the purpose of the moon was (is ), we will be able to take full advantage of the facts, no doubt. Until then we are all left to speculate, but the facts are such that speculation need not be dismissed as frivolous due to the massive number of questions that do not have sensible answers. Interesting!!

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I read the Zeta1 and Zeta2 thread yesterday, as well as a lot of the links in that thread. Since I haven't heard of that story, I was intrigued and reasearched into it. Anyway, in the star diagram, it shows that our sun was an occasional trade route. Is it really trade, or is it mining?

If, of course, there really is another race from that system.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join