It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Dog Chili Sauce Recall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Federal health officials warned consumers Wednesday to throw away certain cans of hot dog chili sauce after the product was linked to botulism that has sent four people to the hospital.

The warning applies to 10-ounce cans of Castleberry's, Austex and Kroger brands of hot dog chili sauce with "best by" dates from April 30, 2009, through May 22, 2009, the Food and Drug Administration said. It wasn't immediately clear how widely the products were distributed.

Robert Brackett, director of the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, urged consumers to discard any of the recalled cans without opening them.
"The toxin is so potent, if they get it on their hands or it sprays in their face, it could make them ill," he said.

SOURCE:
CNN

Highlighting mine.

I did'nt see a thread about this, so I figured I would bring it to everyones attention.

With the various contamination threats from PRChinese products, food recalls have
become almost normal. I should note though that the products were not made in PRChina,
but are American produced foodstuffs.

So if you have any of this stuff, throw the can in the trash without opening it.

Comments, Opinions?

[edit on 7/19/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Is it China again, or is it someone else...

My parents think that it is the illiagal imigrants in the US that are mad at the imigration issue and want to get back at the white man.... thats my mom...

Who makes these things....

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Wow...cant eat anything from China these days. I bet their dogs are safe though!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I said it in my initial post..

This product was NOT made in PRChina, it is American made, which is why it is such a surprise
to people, since it's been decades since something like this happened for these companies.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The initial list of a few items has now been hugely expanded to include not only dozens more
products, but to pet foods as well.

The full list of the foods currently being recalled can be found at the Catleberrys website, here;

Full Castleberrys Recall List

I'm going to have to check if I have anything on this list.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Look up how many FDA insepctors we had in 1990 vs how many we have today if you really want to see what is wrong with food processing in this country these days.

In regards to China look no further than wal-mart and its push for cheaper and cheaper wholesale prices to see what is happening there.

The big lie has been that we, the richest country the world has ever seen doesn't have enough money to fund things like the FDA or the EPA or (whatever the hard right is against) until it comes to tax cuts for the wealthy, then there is always plenty of money.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by grover]

new topics

top topics

join