It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton? Obama? or Edwards? Who Will It Be?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

The last politico to fire people up like this was RFK. No matter what his naysayers say a figure like him comes along only so often... now lets see what he can do.

Barack is smart. Not clever as in Bush43. Unlike the current occupant of the WH, Barack EARNED his degrees from Columbia and Harvard. Things can only get better.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As I noted on another thread Obama first test is fast approaching . If he is genuine about bi partisanship he will offer Gates the chance to continue in his role as Secretary of Defence or some other related cabinet post . Gates his the smartest man in the Bush and the only member of that admin who judgement I would trust .

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As I understand it that is his plan. I was kinda hoping he would go with Powell.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I think Barack Obama should invite Nancy Reagan (and her guests) to the Inauguration and give her a ride in Air Force 2. To and from California. She should be seated just behind G H W Bush. And Barack should mention her by name during the de rigueur speech.

What say you?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Obama’s first test is fast approaching. If he is genuine about bipartisanship he will offer Gates the chance to continue in his role as Secretary of Defense or some other related cabinet post.

Bipartisanship does not mean a coalition government as it might in a parliamentarian democracy. The “problem” arises when we here from ideologues from the extreme edges on both sides.

Robert Gates is TOO D*** OLD. He was called into the breech because Bush43 needed to avoid a Senate look-see into his governance. Rumsfeld, Cheney and Hallibruton were too close to Bush43 and their malfeasance would have rubbed off too easily.

There are many young Republicans out there who are smart enough to run DoD. Don’t forget Clinton found William Cohen to head Defense. There are people out there if he feels he needs one of them at DoD.

Gates his the smartest man in the Bush and the only member of that admin who judgement I would trust .

Right TWO times! OTOH, that is not to say much.

As for a job for Colin Powell whose timely endorsement was icing on the McCain cake Obama was about to slice, I suggest this.

NO on Sec of State. He been there and spoiled his tour of duty at the UN speech in February ‘03. Could he be Ambassador to the UN? No, for the same reason just mentioned. Sec of Def? Yes, and that’s where his expertise lies. But there are a LOT of Dems who want to get some LIMELIGHT exposure time.

How about putting Colin Powell in charge of a RE-PROGRAMMED NATO? Let’s get off this war kick, back up on the missiles in Poland and Czech Republic and quit antagonizing the Russian Federation.

There is a place in today’s world for a NATO like organization but organized around PEACE and not WAR.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Not being a fan of the Reagan's the idea doesn't especially thrill me... that being said it would be a nice gesture.

I could really use you, donwhite, xpert and justin oldman on this new thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Not being a fan of the Reagan's the idea doesn't especially thrill me... that being said it would be a nice gesture.

I made this suggestion because of the faux pas Barack made when referring to dead presidents. He mocked Nancy for holding seances in the White House. Reagan-ites promptly denied she ever did that but they admitted both she and Ronnie consulted astrologers.

Well, the country is safe now. No single minded old man with one solution to any problem - cruise missiles - and a vamp for his vice president who can see Russia from her front porch. Using a formula for calculating the horizon, I demonstrated that was a physical impossibility. Unless her porch was 11,000 feet above sea level!

End-time fans Rev. Hagee and Jimmy “Cry me a River” Swaggart would have had one of their own in the seat next to the presidency. Well, in her seat unless she was “in the spirit” and rolling on the floor! If you complain what passes for gibberish is spoken on Capitol Hill, you ain’t heard nothing until you have heard the Holy Ghost-endowed speaking in glossolalia!

I wrote on another thread that if McCain/Palin won, the Dems would have prepared Articles of Impeachment and kept those at the ready should Big John McCain be “called home to be in the Bosom of Abraham!” Sarah would have been given a choice: Resign and go home to Wasilla or prove to the world she was smarter than a 5th grader!

Bishop Tutu said it best: “I can’t believe that a son of Kenya is now the president of the United Stats of America!”

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Every single kid I cook lunch for on Saturdays Baha'i' Children's class is smarter than Sarah Palin.

Hell even Jeff Foxworthy is smarter than Sarah Palin.

I mean how do you run for office and not even know what it does besides sit around and wait for the President to die?

Its interesting to note Obama appologized on his own without the media making a tempest in a teapot out of it.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

As I [have] noted Obama’s first test is fast approaching. If he is genuine about bi-partisanship he will offer Gates the chance to continue in his role as Secretary of Defense

Gates is the smartest man in the Bush [Administration] and the only member of that admin whose judgment I would trust .

Robert Gates was suggested to Bush43 by none other than Bush41. Bush43 needed him or a person like him in order to get past the NEW Democratic controlled Congress (Senate) that would have to confirm him. Recall WELL that from 1994 until 2006 the Newt Gingrich government hating Republicans controlled Congress. 12 long years. Bush43 had a FREE ride in all his appointments. Bush43 had a FREE ride in oversight hearings by Congress. They held NONE! The Republicans have wrecked the economy!

After the GIANT size mess made by Bush43, Cheney and Rumsfeld (and Newt Gingrich) running on for SIX (6) years uninterrupted, to avoid public disclosure of the inadequacies of the Bush43 team starting at the TOP, it was essential to find a person who could FLY past the Senate confirmation hearing. Robert Gates may have been the ONLY man alive who could do that. And here we are today.

As of yesterday, Gates has agreed to stay on at Defense for at least ONE year. You got your wish Mr X11. I’d expect ALL the other DoD Neo Cons put there by Bush43 and Dick Cheney would be replaced in consultation with Gates who would recommend people acceptable to Obama but who lack the IDEOLOGICAL impulses that drove Bush43 and Dick Cheney for EIGHT overlong years.

The Rumsfeld era has nearly wrecked the upper grades of the uniformed Armed Forces. Rumsfeld like Bush43 trucked no dissenters. Only YES men (and women) made it to the top under their leadership. Which is why I’d like to see all the O9 and O10 - 3 and 4 stars - retired EARLY!

Bush43 and Newt Gingrich have done this same disembowelment to every department and agency of our government. Look how FEMA was raped! But for Katrina we would not be aware of it. I assure you, Bush43 has carried out the Reagan Doctrine - government bad private good - and it will take years to restore government to necessary usefulness. And at a cost upwards of $3 to $7 trillion in WASTED dollars. Or stolen by insiders.

We formerly argued that Herbert Hoover was the POOREST performing American president but now, Bush43 will hold that DISHONORABLE place in American history. Known as 'Dumbya' to his friends, he well deserves it! Remember Bush43 was our FIRST designated president. Chosen by the Republican stacked US Supreme Court, 5 votes to 4. Rehnquist and Roberts, you did us wrong!

[edit on 11/26/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Every single kid I cook lunch for on Saturdays Baha'i' Children's class is smarter than Sarah Palin. Hell even Jeff Foxworthy is smarter than Sarah Palin. I mean how do you run for office and not even know what it does besides sit around and wait for the President to die? Its interesting to note Obama apologized on his own without the media making a tempest in a teapot out of it.

Obama’s remark was a slip of the lip. He may have thought her deceased? She was the smartest person by far in the Reagan Admin IMO. The regular Rupert Murdoch sycophant wiseacres in the MSM are playing it “cool” right now as they don’t want to be excluded from the news as we enter this New Era of Accommodation.

The Baha’i’ are a pacificist minority religion, are they not? Perhaps a bit like our Friends (Quakers) over here?

Many Alaskans start life with a chip on their shoulder. They are taught to resent the ownership interest in Alaska of the United States of America. This serves well the interests of the giant corporations that are dominate in Alaska especially and America in general these days. At the expense of LITTLE people but Alaskans are like most Americans, they do not see themselves as being used - duped - by the Big Boys. Private enterprise is their mantra. So that is your starting point.

My take on Sarah is this. First, Alaskans were surprised and disgusted by their Governor Frank Murkowski. He was a Senator who refused to resign when he ran for governor. When he won the governorship, he delayed his resignation from the Senate until the very instant he became governor.

He timed his resignation from the senate to the second, so that the sitting governor could not rill the vacancy. On December 20, 2002, he appointed his DAUGHTER, Lisa Murkowski, to fill the senate seat he had just vacated.

Murkowski’s term expired December 4, 2006. Sarah Palin was elected to succeed him. I say Sarah won by a fluke! Now she claims to be PRO environment which if so, makes her almost a party of ONE in Alaska. Exxon has still not paid the court awarded damages nor has it finished the cleanup at Prince William Sound. The Exxon Valdez incident of a decade ago. Her husband has a very nice paying job at British Petroleum at Prudhoe Bay. If you think Palin is ANTI oil, then I’m Jack the Ripper!

People in Alaska think the natural resources OWNED by the US Government as trustee for all 304 million American people - and the prodigy - ought to be THEIR OWN to do with as they please. They see themselves as a Dubia West and sheiks of Arabia.

Sarah Palin and Books. According to Laura Chase of Wasilla, and former Wasilla mayor John Stein, Palin as city councilwoman mentioned to her colleagues in 1995 that she saw the book Daddy's Roommate in the public library and did not think that it belonged there. Chase later became Palin's campaign manager for mayor in 1996, when Palin defeated John Stein, but the two had a falling out and Chase is now a vocal critic of Palin. en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54   >>

join