It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton? Obama? or Edwards? Who Will It Be?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Obama visit to Afghanistan is fairly standard stuff . It is customary for a oppsition leader to meet with visiting world leaders . This allows both sides to get the lay of the land some what in the event of a change in government .
John Key will meet with Condi when she comes to New Zealand . In this case to to the nature of the US presidential campaign Obama has made the trip to Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

Senator Obama has indeed bet the farm on his overseas trip. He's going around the world with a rock star's entourage and all the big names from U.S. media. It is, in many respects, teh kind of risk that a young man could take. Senator McCaoun would do well to exploit any and all gaffs. If he does not, his opponent will surely "steal a march" on him.

The whole contrived issue over qulifications to be the nation’s Commander in Chief - a NON issue to me - is rubbish to be polite. The current occupant of the White House - our nations longest serving C-in-C - ought to put everyone on notice a jackass could do no worse. And we may well not know all that he - Bush43 - has done because he has issued a SECRET number of SECRET Executive Orders for what nefarious purposes we know not. Come Quick, Sweet Jesus!

Now J/O fears that Barack (or McCain) will so much enjoy that newly ENHANCED and EXTRA-CONSTITUTIONAL power that he will "protect" Bush43's prior exercise of raw unbridled power. Let's hope not.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The fine details - say the itinerary - of Barack Obama's trip abroad has to be KEPT secret under the NEW Bush Doctrine! Notable American's cannot travel abroad without scores of Secret Service, private armies and the full cooperation of countries to be visited. "Hey Dumbya, you're doing a heck of a job!"

reply to post by xpert11

Obama visit to Afghanistan is fairly standard stuff. It is customary for a opposition leader to meet with visiting world leaders . This allows both sides to get the lay of the land somewhat in the event of a change in government.

Have you reflected that the US attacked the ruling Taliban in Afghan for sheltering al-Qaeda on October 7, 2001? That is 6 years, 9 months and 13 days ago (to 7/20/08). Isn’t it a FACT of history that Afghan has been invaded many times but NEVER conquered? President Karzai is a decent enough fellow but he is OUR man and barely 10% of the Afghans are willing to let W-DC pick their leader. When we leave, he leaves.

Aside: Should anyone attach any significance that Afghan was a minor player in the world heroin market in 2001, but in 2008 under America's aegis, Afghan has cornered 90% of the world's heroin market? Is that just irrelevant? Inconsequential? Or NONE of your dam business!

As we are also being reminded daily in Pakistan. Which possess 10 ready to go nuclear bombs. President Musharrif is another nice enough fellow but he also is a West puppet. When the American support goes, he goes. In other words, HIS base is in W-DC. India was always OFF the US most favored nation list. Until 1989, India went it alone as a leader of the 3rd world. In the 1970s when India decided to make a nuclear bomb - worried over the Kashmir dispute with Pakistan - we “encouraged” our man in Islamabad to counter India with nuclear bombs of his own. After the 1947 pull out of the British, Pakistan had always been under W-DC control. Now we are about to lose the nuclear weapons to the Taliban! Hey, the Cold War may not be over yet?

The ISAF - International Security Assistance Force - NATO - has 53,000 men (and I suppose some women - sheesh I haven’t yet got over women soldiers) currently posted in Afghan. Using the same formula found in the US Army Manual for Occupations, we need between 300,000 and 450,000 men to “occupy” say “pacify” Afghan. That’s our ENTIRE Army if you don’t count Blackwater and the other extra-legal mercenary companies we have lately become DEPENDANT on. Wow!

Barack cannot leave Kabul. Heck, Karzai cannot leave Kabul. But the American people do NOT want to hear BAD news nor see the GORY details of WAR. Bring the bodies home “quietly” as they say. Which is to say, “keep’em out of sight!” I love it! I've said this here before, the only thing America doesn't like about war is LOSING.

If Adolph Hitler and Premier Tojo had faced this current GENERATION of whiner Americans we would all be saying Sieg Heil! Or Banzai! Thank you Greatest Generation for being there when we needed you. We thank your for imposing a 91% top bracket income tax on yourselves. For a 20% corporate excess profits tax. For a 55% estate tax. For a 28% capital gains tax. For your courage and self-sacrifice we thank you!

This current leaderless generation OTOH prefer to cheat their grandchildren. They want TAX CUTS. All white-knuckled and squeamish they will not pay for their own protection! They shuffle the costs of their own invention, the so-called WoT to the next generation. With FOLLOWERS like that, who needs LEADERS?

John Key will meet with Condi when she comes to New Zealand . In this case due to the nature of the US presidential campaign Obama has made the trip to Afghanistan.

That’s a waste of Key’s time. But maybe his calendar was free that day anyway? Do you know why I call her the “Birmingham Songbird?” On September 15, 1963, the Ku Klux Klan bombed the 16th Street Baptist Church. Four young women were killed. The youngest, Denise McNair, was age 11. The others were 14. Ms Rice has claimed to “know” Ms. McNair. She made that claim in a failed effort to establish her credentials with the Black Community. As she continues to be rejected - as is Clarence Thomas - she has given up on trying to “connect” to the 16th Street Baptist Church. I do not know but I feel sure she was NEVER a member there and probably NEVER attended the Church. It is unclear exactly how she was connected to Ms. McNair. I therefore call her the “Birmingham Songbird!” See Note 1.

The 1986 Democratic primary for the gubernatorial race saw Alabama attorney general Charles Graddick face Baxley in a runoff election. Graddick won by a few thousand votes, but the state’s Supreme Court ruled he had violated primary regulations by encouraging Republicans to “cross over” and vote as Democrats. [Racism. The election was marred by the constant reference to Baxley’s successful prosecution of the Ku Klux Klan barely 8 years earlier which was still fresh on the minds of many Alabamians.]

The Alabama high court told the state Democratic Party to hold another election or to pick Baxley. This time the party picked Baxley . . [However, in the general election following] a substantial number of Democrats voted against Baxley and for H. Guy Hunt, the GOP nominee.

During his time in politics Baxley aggressively prosecuted industrial polluters, strip miners, and corrupt elected officials. Baxley appointed the state's first African American assistant attorney general, Myron Thompson, who later became a federal judge. There have been many recent articles wondering what the state missed out on when they did not vote for Baxley. The Ku Klux Klan in a letter once called him an "honorary n****r," compared him to JFK and wished him death. [Edited for clarity] en.wikipedia.org...

Note 1. State’s Rights. This is a case to examine to see how the State of Alabama carried out its legal obligations. Read this exert: "Years later an internal investigation found that the FBI had accumulated evidence against the bombers which it had not revealed to the [state or federal] prosecutors, by order of FBI director J. Edgar Hoover. [Hoover hated blacks.]

[Fifteen years after the fact] In 1978, Alabama’s Attorney General Bill Baxley successfully prosecuted Chambliss. He was convicted of the four murders and he was sentenced to several terms of life imprisonment. Chambliss died in prison in 1985.

The other three culprits were not arrested until 35 years after the bombing. After reopening the case several times, the FBI* in 2000 assisted the state authorities in bringing charges against Bobby Frank Cherry and Thomas Blanton. Blanton and Cherry were convicted by state juries of all four murders and sentenced to life in prison. [Note: Church bombing was not against a Federal law in 1963. The Federal Violation of Civil Rights law was a direct consequence.] en.wikipedia.org...

*J Edgar Hoover did to the FBI as an institution, the greatest harm. John Edgar Hoover died in office in May, 1972. He was 77 years old at the time of his death. Can you believe he was appointed FBI Director in 1924? It was just the BI - Bureau of Investigation then. American politicians were so afraid of him they repeatedly extended the FBI’s 59 years of age mandatory retirement rule and the Civil Service’s 65 retirement age. No president, no attorney general - supposedly Hoover’s boss - no Member of Congress - dared to stand against him. He was America’s half-brother to the USSR’s Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria! Seven months after Stalin’s death, the Central Committee ordered Beria killed. See below for more on Beria.

The only way then and now to FIX the FBI and restore it to the dignity it otherwise deserves, would have been then to FIRE or RETIRE the oldest 1/3 of the FBI. The younger men would have been able to restore the agency into what it still is NOT - the world’s most capable and RESPECTED investigatory agency. That may still be the only answer to fix the FBI.

On Beria. Accounts of Beria's fall vary considerably. According to recent accounts Khrushchev convened a meeting of the Presidium on June 26, where he launched an attack on Beria, accusing him of being in the pay of British intelligence. Beria was taken completely by surprise. Malenkov then pressed a button on his desk as the pre-arranged signal to Marshal Georgy Zhukov and a group of armed officers immediately burst in and arrested Beria. Beria and the other defendants were sentenced to death. When the death sentence was passed . . Beria . . and his subordinates were executed on 23 December 1953. en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/20/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Obama's overseas trip has begun. He's taken so many of he D.C. media elites with him that there's nobody left to staff the Sunday talk shows.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've got a piece of good news I'd like to share with all of you. I'm going to be interviewed by Ross Hemsworth on his show, "Now That's Weird." that's happening this Friday July 26th. Send your questions to Ross, if you have any.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
After my complete analysis, I will now post my projected 2008 election results for the office of President:

McCain 53%
Obama 45%
Other 2%

Not as close as most think.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Okay, then. Your prediction is locked in. I'm busy with show prep for Now That's Weird, but I'll get back to this just as soon as I can.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

I will now post my projected 2008 election results for the office of President:
McCain 53%
Obama 45%
Other 2%
Not as close as most think.

Q. High optomism or wistfully pollyannish?

Oh Mr A, is this your predictin for the Texas vote? I'm in KY visiting as I post this, and this is the firs time in 24 years that GOP Minority Leader Senator Mitch McConnell is running scared. He has a local rep for being deadly serious and uncannily accurate about his chances in KY. Mitch is running attack ads often and on all channels. (KY has a May primary and his opponent was nominated then).

I am beginning to worry about Obama's POTENT SUCCESS ABROAD! I call it the danger of OVERILLL. I wish he would come home today. It's one thing to cleanly TKO your oppoent but when you SMASH him against the ropes so he cannot fall, even the blodthirstiest crowd begins to pull for the underdog. JOKE: Obama talks to 300,000 in Berlin, while McCain talks to 15 people in a German restaurant.

Obama is INDEED on a wave; the ONLY issue is this: can the wave last and can he stay on it until November 4? If YES and YES then Big John can go back to his second tier job in the US Senate. A sinecure. At the end of this term he can enjoy QUADRUPLE dipping into the US Treasury. And he never held a non-government job in his life! Not ONE days expeience running anything bigger than a senate campign. Talk about NO experience! If you think U.S. Grant was a pushover for the smart talkers, wait for John McCain. 4 way dip: 1) Navy retirement. 2) Senate retirement. 3) Social security retirement. 4) Veterans Disabillity Pay. Go figure! It might actually be cheaper on the taxpayers to hire him as spresident?

[edit on 7/25/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Most people in Berlin do not vote for U.S. President, and Obama is merely preaching to the choir as liberal as that country has become. ( a shame, my ancestor came here from Germany in 1751 ) Furthermore, in November, most Americans won't even remember what Obama said or did overseas. I have seen some reports of U.S. troop snubbing/neglect by Obama, but I will need to see more confirmation of that. If true, it will be bad press for Obama, no doubt offsetting any gains in popularity that this trip may have created. November is when it all matters, and I stand by my prediction. I look forward to seeing yours.

Have a great weekend.

Edit to add an MTV ad I just got. Enjoy.

[edit on 7/25/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

I have seen some reports of U.S. troop snubbing/neglect by Obama, but I will need to see more confirmation of that. If true, it will be bad press for Obama, no doubt offsetting any gains in popularity that this trip may have created. November is when it all matters, and I stand by my prediction. I look forward to seeing yours. Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the good wishes. And back to you for sure!

I have to "borrow" a computer to log in. I have been watching MSNBC and CSpan this AM. I don't rememeber any adverse commentary by soldiers on the ground. It seems nothing much has changed since left the AF in 3/64. When VIPs came, it was drudgry for us. Get it all spic and span - "if it don't grow, pick it up, if it don't move, paint it." In that respect the AF was much like the Army NG I did 20 months in before joining the AF. One of the more disagreeable moments in my memory was the required parade of the NG past the reviewing stand at the Army post where we did our 2 weeks summer camp. Being older now, I do understand the absolute necessity of soldiers learring to drill well toegther. I was never asked my opinion on anythngn before, during or after my AF tours. But I do highly recommend active duty or reserve duty to any 18 year old. It is so valuable I'd say it would be worth paying them!

Predictions? Gasoline prices are breaking. Good for McCain. Where just 5 months ago we screamed at $3.00 gas now we are offering thanks to GOD for $3.87.9 in L'ville. But more seriously in its medium to long term effect is the continuing slide in banking, in the home mortgage business and home construction. Home construction is apparently now America's No. 1 non-service industry. Finally, add in the fast rate of inflation and we have the potential ingredients for a real financal calamity.

Just as the Dem Congress is not going to pull Bush43's chestnuts out of the Guantanamo fire - write rules for trials - neither will they pull his bad economic choices out either. When the people make bad choices they have to suffer the consequences or they do not learn the real lessons of life. You can't have it all and get tax cuts too. As one thing feeds into another, a half trillion a year butget deficit, and a hall trillion a year trade deficit and in a half trillion bank bust, with 3-6 trillion still out there, it all takes its toll on even a strong economy. Pay as you go is never a bad plan.

Because of Obama's race - if he was white the Dems would be ahead 60-40 at this time- it may well turn out HE will benefit from the coattails of Dem House and Senate candidates. Right now the Dems look to add 20-30 seats in the House and good GOD A'mighty realistically, 10 in the Senate. If that comes to pass, Obama will "walk" in. OK, OK, Here's Numbers?

It could go this way, Dems 56-57%, to McCain 41-42%. Others, 2-3%.

[edit on 7/25/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hello, Don. I'm glad you could drop in. I myself am a little suspicious of those poll numbers. I think the old ways of polling are not up to snuff in today's 24-7 "real time" media environment. It kills me to say this, but I think Obama has a lead that's larger than the projections you site. I think it's larger by at least two percent.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I think the old ways of polling are not up to snuff in today's 24-7 "real time" media environment. It kills me to say this, but I think Obama has a lead that's larger than the projections you site. I think it's larger by at least two percent.

Agreed! Thank goodness PM Merkel prevented a faux pas at the Brandenburg Gate. And the Pentagon was dead right abuot the wounded troop visit with 100s of tv cameras present. I was personally disappionted that he slighted the Palestinians but they understand any American president and candidate must do that. NJC! National Jewish Conference. Hopefully, Obama will take matters in hand and END the post 1967 and the at first covert but boldly now overt under Bush43 the Jewish ethicc leansing of Old Palestine. He shuold give us a much belated, long overdue but inherently unfair but the best available, TWO state solution. In 2009. And we pay $50 b. in compensation to the Arabs!

NEXT: The US is finally winding down from eight over-long years under the MOST incompetent man to ever hold this mis-understood title of Commander in Chief. Bush43 actually thought it meant the old Roman title of Dictator for Life! And I doubt Big John McCain knows any different. You can't be sure what McCain says when he says Iraq or Iran. He mixes those up all too often.

Alert: As you think, so you speak, as you speak so you think.

If anyone wuold take the trouble to read the US Constitution and stop listening to the GOP campaign ads, you would see the designation has 3 applitations. First and second, he is in charge of the Army and Navy. This is entirely logical. You must have ONE head of an army. You cannot have uncertainity in a time of crisis. For better or worse - as in Bush43's case - the US Con settled on the president as the most logical choice. Item 3 is he is also the C-in-C of the state militias called into active duty but we no longer have militias. So that is anachronistic. Old. Outdated. Passe.

So what's it all mean? Basically and honestly it means NOTHING. It's a purely diversinoary tactic so popular with the bankrupt GOP. We need a CHANGE in the way our Government does its work. Obama will bring change. McCain can't. His mind does not work that way. Listen to his droning on rehashing the past. He can't make a speech without URGING the SURGE.

Correlation does not mean causation.

[edit on 7/26/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
As the new work week starts, the ad men will hve had three days to formulate their response to the Obama overseas campaign tour. Based on the GOP's reaction over the last two days, I can safely say tht hey don't fully comprehend what just happened. Their response to it will be lame, slow, and ineffective. That's unfortuante, since Senator Obama has given them so much to work with.

One case in point stands out. On the occasion of Obama's channeling of JKF, the best McCain and his advisors can do is....Schmidt's Sausage House. Really? is htat all they've got? Eek.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Its not impossible that Obama is the dems Reagan. He may just inspire people that there is a better tomorrow if they stick with him and his policy's . If that is the case then the Republicans are stuffed for eight years . Who ever is the next president they are going to find some tough going all round in the current economic climate and dealing with the after effects of the mismanaged War on Terror .

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

As the new work week starts, the ad men will have had three days to formulate their response to the Obama overseas campaign tour. Based on the GOP's reaction over the last two days, I can safely say that they don't fully comprehend what just happened.

Whew! Barack avoided (with help) at least TWO faux pas on his Grand Tour. The Brandenburg Gate speaking and the visit to wounded soldiers in hospital. His team was getting giddy with the grand receptions. PM Merkel pulled him back down to earth and the Pentagon gave him good advice.

Oh how short is McCain’s memory? He chided Barack for not having foreign exposure. Then McCain promptly jumped ship and landed in Columbia - primary source of America’s coc aine - and then hopped over to Mexico - primary source of undocumented workers up here.

I believe most American Special Ops forces are trained in Columbia. Live ammo without local repercussions. And maybe “enhanced” interrogation techniques with no worry about habeas corpus interruptions. As they say, “It’s a God-send!”

Their response to it will be lame, slow, and ineffective. That's unfortunate, since Senator Obama has given them so much to work with. One case in point stands out. On the occasion of Obama's channeling of JKF, the best McCain and his advisors can do is .... Schmidt's Sausage House. Really? is that all they've got? Eek.

And it’s getting worse! McCain unveiled his latest Me For President ad. The ad compares Barack to Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton. Who in the heck is in charge of that campaign? Wasting good campaign money on “juvenile” ads as one commentator described it. Yesterday on PBS the man interviewed claimed NO one was in charge! I mean, he offered that approach as a on-going STRATEGY! Seriously. Well, yesterday when I heard it, I did not believe it, but today, I DO!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
As previosuly stated in this thread, I think future historians will say that John McCain suffered from the Bob Dole effect. To be fair, I have met Bob Dole, and he's a smart man and fun to be around, but he just doesn't "get it." Neither does John McCain. I can sense that he's trying. he's giving us his best effort, but it's just not enough. Hurts me to say it, but there it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

As preciously stated in this thread, I think future historians will say that John McCain suffered from the Bob Dole effect. To be fair, I have met Bob Dole, and he just doesn't "get it." Neither does John McCain. I can sense that he's trying. He's giving us his best effort, but it's just not enough. Hurts me to say it, but there it is.

McCain reminds me of Eisenhower. He was a hesitation speaker. He was not very deep as his opponent, Adlai Stevenson was. But Ike was maybe the man who won the war in many minds. I do fault him for several items. Mostly for NOT backing the Warren Court in 1954 when he could have altered history. But with no Chief of Staff or Commander in Chief to give him his marching orders, Ike sat by, contentedly.

Obama OTOH reminds me of Ronald Reagan. A warm smile, full of happy talk, skimming over the hard issues so you’d hardly notice he’d been there. Unlike McCain who has never worked a day in his life, Obama knows that to do those things that need to be done will require tax increases. Being basically honest, Obama hesitates to say what Americans are hearing from McCain - “all you want at no extra cost!”

Obama can ignore McCain. I hope he does. Obama’s message is HOPE and CHANGE. You cannot quantify those. But it just what the public wants. Well, a large part of the public. Obama’s task is NOT to make a serious mistake. McCain is desperate. Anyone who would waste ad money on Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton in the presidential race is not smart. Bush43 proved anyone can be president, but not everyone can be a good one. Unfortunately there is no way to tell them apart until they get on the job.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Obama's biggest problem appears to be the fact that he can't quite close the sale. He's almost got enough peole ready to place their trust in him...but...not quite. I'm busy with a lot of otehr things just now, but even I am shocked at the lackluster GOP performance.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have no stake in this election but I believe Obama can smooth talk the American people into a Victory.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Its not impossible that Obama is the dems Reagan. He may just inspire people that there is a better tomorrow if they stick with him and his policy's . If that is the case then the Republicans are stuffed for eight years . Who ever is the next president they are going to find some tough going all round in the current economic climate and dealing with the after effects of the mismanaged War on Terror .

I knew John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan. Sir or Madam, Mr. Obama is not within an order of magnitude of the quality of either.

Note to Don White: A gallon of regular unleaded was $3.37 in Oklahoma City this morning.

[edit on 8/1/2008 by TheAvenger]

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join