It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton? Obama? or Edwards? Who Will It Be?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I can't help but notice that the media is starting to turn on Obama. I think they sense that Hillary's bad luck is about to turn, and they want to be on her good side.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

Josh Bolton and Harriett Myers have recently been found in contempt of Congress. I'm sure that will stay on the front page of many media groups over the course of the coming week.

It is hard to think of TWO people more deserving! Arrogance and ignorance. Truly representative of the B43 style of governance. Both are probably BORN AGAINS.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathabeanz

Talk about conspiracy:! There are new (howbeit very questionable) video documentaries that have surfaced on YouTube alledging that Obama was involved in a couple of gay sex escapades in his not too distant past. On the surface that might look like so much ignorance but of course such allegations if proven or even accepted could really hurt a candidate. The alledger has however agreed to take a polygraph and although it hasn't hit the main media as of yet, surely it will.

This has so far been a close race with McCain gaining ground (more of the same! Republican/Bush agenda probably if he wins). Hillary would have my vote, but then I didn't even bother registering so what can I say about the outcome. Hey, I didn't vote for either of the Bush'es either lol.

Michael in Corpus Christi, TX

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I haven't seen tne YouTube item you refer to. There are a lot of allogations made agaisnt every Presidential candidates that are unfounded.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ministermike51

“ . . would have my vote, but then I didn't even bother registering so what can I say about the outcome.

I still do not know why a person could not register at the same time he votes. The whole idea of registration is to prevent (or discourage) voter fraud. Why not let anyone who wants to vote register, then cast what they are now calling a “provisional” ballot? If the vote count shows all the provisional ballots could not possibly change the outcome, then trash’em. IE, say there are 5,000 provisional ballots but one guy is ahead by 10,000 votes. The "pro" ballots could not possibly effect the outcome.

OTOH, if it is mathematically possible the provisional ballots could alter an outcome, then do the numbers, verify the registrants and count the ballots. Why do we do all the wrong things?

PS.
Urban legend? Every person I have known who lived in Chicago in the 1936 presidential election claims the Democrats chartered Greyhound buses and loaded them with college kids. All day, the buses drove from precinct to precinct and the students would vote! (Presumably for FDR). They were paid $5 and got a fried chicken box lunch.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It was the fried chicken that did it. Never under estimate the power of food. Hillary should consider her options. Ah, but I joke.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ministermike51

Talk about conspiracy: The alleged has however agreed to take a polygraph and although it hasn't hit the main media as of yet, surely it will.

I’ve had more than passing experience with polygraph machines. Well, in the 1980s. I’ve been away since 1990. I came to have a high confidence level in what a good operator could tell about true not true. Sometimes, some people can defeat the machine and operator. It is really the operator that is being outwitted and not the machine. For people in criminal settings who believe they can “beat” the machine, I always recommend hiring someone to run a test on the QT. You can usually accomplish that for a couple of “c” notes. Try it before you buy it!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The current administration has f'd up so much stuff that the reprocussions will be ever time comsuming, if not at all ironically progressive.
Politicians are selected not elected.
Same NWO goals? Related Bloodlines?

I would assume that whoever takes over office is a part of or aware of grand scheme nwo intentions.

It is interesting to think that a newly elected Democratic leader, a new hero of america per se, would continue the degredation of our nation, and be ever-convincing as a fresh face, that americans may willingly demand for more regulations against their freedoms because this new leader is convincing and "wants to help americans."

Homeland Security is exactly the opposite of what it represents.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nelyzstar
It is interesting to think that a newly elected Democratic leader, a new hero of america per se, would continue the degredation of our nation, and be ever-convincing as a fresh face, that americans may willingly demand for more regulations against their freedoms because this new leader is convincing and "wants to help americans."

Since my arrival on ATS, I have maintained that there is a definite trend in government. Withh te passing of each year, our Federal government becomes more centralized, meaning that it becomes more and more powerful all hte time.

As American leaders exploit terrorism, they are able to get more laws passed that allow them to disarm us while they are spying on us. It's no accident that today's chief executive now feels the need to have expanded emergency powers.

From where I sit, this trend is the mark of a real conspiracy. that's why I think its our civic duty to oppose this trend with all of the non-violent tools we have. If the people in power keep pushing, they themselves will bring down the whole house of cards, and they'll be forced to answer...to us.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Okay, let's get back on track. I think the media is starting to turn on Obama. Today, they are roasting him over plagarized remarks that he snitched from Mr. Patrick. As a trained public speaker, I tend to think that Obama did plagarize. He had his chance to paraphrase, or to give credit where it was due.

Are you folks ready for Hillary to win in Wisconsin?

If she does win in that State, the MSM will turn their guns on Obama. The shine has already started to come off his campaign, and his organization is apparently at the end of its tether. I think a Wisconsin win for Hillary is likely.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If Hillary Clinton did not have enough faith in herself to give herself $5 million, but rather loaned it to her campaign then how on earth can she ask others to "GIVE" her campaign non refundable donations ?

Lemme get this right...

If Hilliary is only prepared to lend money to her campaign, why doesn't she let her supporters lend her campaign the money too ?

..and at interest.

With security ?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Very witty. Like the rest of you, I am waiting for the results from Wisconsin. We should know how it played out within the next three hours. I will go make some popcorn.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I am waiting for the results from Wisconsin. We should know how it played out within the next three hours. I will go make some popcorn.

I'm still on my diet, Mr J/O. I have an air popper. Once you get used to earing popcorn without salt, or butter, or cheese, then you can eat about anything! White corn is lower in fat than yellow corn. I have the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" in the spray container, which is really a flavored and colored soybean derivative. It takes 14 sprays to equal one teaspoon which is 10 cal on the WW scale. I figure it takes about70 sprays to equal 1 point but then the popcorn also has calories that must be counted.

Wisconsin!
There is no doubt that Obama has cross-color appeal. IN FACT, it's even BETTER than that. Neither Obama nor his voters are color conscious or color aware! There is no doubt Obama has the youth vote. Remember the 1960s mantra? "Trust no one over 30!"

Obama polled 645,000 votes out of 1,100,000 votes cast in the Dem primary. 56% to 42% for my favorite, Mz Hillary. She trails 1,200 delegates to Obama’s 1,300. I am now looking at Mr X11's favorite candidate, Bill Richardson, to be Obama’s No. 2 man! You could call it the MINORITY MAJORITY slate! Or, the MAJORITY MINORITY slate!

The GOP continues to have worries. Both the Dem and GOP were OPEN primaries. Only 400,000 voters showed up to mark the GOP ballots. Although McCain won Wisconsin handily beating both Huckabee and Romney whose name was still on the ballot, he got 8,000 votes to Ron Paul’s near 20,000, the total GOP vote was embarrassingly lower than the Dems.

McCain polled 245,000 votes to Obama’s 645,000 votes. Hmm?

So how will an Obama - Richardson ticket play against a McCain - Huckabee ticket?

All numbers from www.cnnpolitics.com

[edit on 2/20/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yes, indeed. Hillary got smoked...again. 58% to 41%. As I read the tea leaves, I thought she had the slimmest chance for a win. Yes, I do know hat some Republicans cast their vote for Obama to widen the margin of Senator Clinton's loss, but that couldn't have added much more than 3% to the total extent of her defeat.

At this point, I'm ready to consider the possibility that I over-estimated her political skill. For every "good" political maneuver she's made, she has failed to make atleast five more. Machievelli must be quite disappinted.

We must, however, remind ourselves that this is a primary and it's NOT the general election. Voters will always behave differently in a general election. Right now, Obama has been so loved by the media that he really has become a 'movement.'

I sense that the same press that made him a rock star is about to turn on him. There's one dirty tactic that is waiting in the wings for Mr. Obama, and I think even he knows that...it's coming. I speak of the 527's, of course. The swift boaters. If Hillary gets desperate enough, she'll unleash at least one 527 of her own.

Inside the ranks of hte GOP, we're starting to see the ranks "stabilize." Bush41 has done more than endorse John McCain, he has stepped forward to act as a party elder. He's quietly making the rounds, telling the dissenters to shut up. It's working, too.

The irony is that both political partys are now fielding candidates that could be real contenders, while at the same time wrecking and re-building their respective party infrastructures.

Think about this for a moment. If Obama wins his party's nomination, he re-writes the Democratic playbook. The same thing will be true for John McCain. One of them has to lose, but even so, both parties will be transformed.

I am honestly not going to feel bad if Hillary loses. She has more wealth tucked away than five average Americans will ever make in their whole lifetimes. In my own way, I've 'campaigned' against her. A character like her is a prominent player in my political fiction. If she goes down to defeat, I will have played some small role in that because I have influenced...somebody(s).

If Obama wins the Presidency--no matter who his Vice President is--we could see a lot of things happen. Not all of it would be bad. Many of the oldest social misconceptions that have held us back would be lessened or done away with. that would be good for us, in spite of the fact tha we would be ushering in a new era of even larger government.

Will I 'campaign' against that? You better believe it.

If McCain wins the Presidency--no matter who his running mate is--my preferred political party might be saved from the dustbin of history. It might get back to its fiscal roots a lot sooner, and we might even see some of that small government advocacy that I like so much.

As much as I would want that, I don't see it happening. I see the GOP getting hammered flat by a Democratic juggernaught.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well even if the dems win the White House it wont spell the end of the Republican party . If they can survive being in office during the 1929 stock market crash they can survive anything . The race is far from over in the dem camp and it looks like it will be decided in a dubious manner be the superdelegates .

Much like Rudy Hillary had a healthy lead in the polls and was a clear favourite until it mattered the most.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The irony is that both political partys are now fielding candidates that could be real contenders, while at the same time wrecking and re-building their respective party infrastructures. Think about this for a moment. If Obama wins his party's nomination, he re-writes the Democratic playbook.

And now you know the answer to that physics conundrum. The irresistible force has met the immovable object, and FORCE wins!

Even bobby-soxers age 13-17 treat him like Elvis or Old Blue Eyes, they scream and cry at the same time! Older women see Obama as the son they wish they had had! Not wearing a flag in his lapel? Every young voter cheers him on! They don't wear flags in their lapel or on their cuff either. In point of fact, it is those who wear the flag we are voting against! Draft dodgers like Dick Cneney.

Fourteen words Michele said in her over-long speech? EVERY black person in America knew what she meant! She was speaking for 40 million African Americans! Bring’em on! She won’t say it again, but Oprah might and what Oprah says translates into Obama votes by the 10s of 1000s. Michele expressed the fulfillment of that promise made by MLKJr at the 1963 Civil Rights March on Washington when he said, “Free at last, Thank God A-'mighty, We're Free at Last!”

Hispanics can feel her SISTER-HOOD. Every time a wanna-be redneck shows the pic of Barack not saluting at the Star Spangled Banner, 10,000 more young people both white and of darker complexions swear their allegiance. Born again Obama-ians

Let’s be honest. If Hillary does not carry Texas and carry it big, then she must do the honorable thing and ANOINT Barack in Houston or San Antonio! (Actually, I’d pick El Paso.)

[edit on 2/20/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It was the fried chicken that did it. Never under estimate the power of food. Hillary should consider her options.

Colonel Sander's says "NO trans fats in my chicken!"

Back to the election. The next round of primaries comes March 4. 12 days to go. Rhode Island and Vermont hold primaries. Insignificant but for bragging rights. OHIO and TEXAS also hold primaries, very significant. In fact, Bill Clinton has laid down the challenge to Hillary’s supporters: “Hillary MUST win both states to remain viable.” Wyoming caucuses on Saturday, March 8 and Mississippi holds its primary on Tuesday, March 11.

FYI, money-wise, Clinton raised $115 m., Obama $102 m., Edwards $43 m., and Richardson (Xpert11's favorite candidate) $23 m. All Dems reported $315 m.

On the GOP side of the money race, Romeny reported $88 m., Giuliani $61 m., McCain $41 m., Paul $28 m., Thompson $21 m., and Huckabee, $9 m. All GOPs reported $252 m.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 2/21/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

then she must do the honorable thing and ANOINT Barack

This sentiment is exactly why I never felt compelled to jump on the Obama bandwagon. At the beginning of his campaign I was impressed with Obama; I do believe he is a very smart, capable man who would (will?) make a fine president. But from the moment Oprah endorsed him I began to see him as one of the vastly expensive 'Favorite Things' she features on her show that cause otherwise sane women to shriek like demented banshees. I don't want to be led to want a shiny thing just because Oprah says I should. Obviously I am in the minority with this opinion.

I have considered myself a Democrat for the past 16 years and I honestly looked forward to this election for the past 7 years. Now I can't even bring myself to watch the MSM because all I have heard is Obama praise and Hillary bashing. This bothers me because I really want to vote for a woman for president in my lifetime. I feel this won't happen now and I am disappointed. I know Hillary has many faults and is pretty much despised by many Republicans and Democrats alike, but considering the fact that I truly believe the NWO will put whomever they want into office I still hold out a shred of hope that she may prevail.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

This sentiment [Obama's inevitability] is exactly why I never felt compelled to jump on the Obama bandwagon. At the beginning of his campaign I was impressed with Obama; I do believe he is a very smart, capable man who would (will?) make a fine president. I have considered myself a Democrat for the past 16 years and I honestly looked forward to this election for the past 7 years. Now I can't even bring myself to watch the MSM because all I have heard is Obama praise and Hillary bashing. This bothers me because I really want to vote for a woman for president in my lifetime. I feel this won't happen now and I am disappointed. I still hold out a shred of hope that she may prevail.

I share your wish to see a woman in the White House. I also thought this was the best time we’d ever see. But I think not, every 4 years will produce new faces. Female faces. Nancy Pelosi is not interested in leaving her post as Speaker, but she is a good example of women who are able to compete successfully in the traditional male dominated business of politics.

The First Woman in Congress. At age 37, Jeanette Rankin, of Missoula, Montana was seated in Congress in 1917, 3 years before the 19th Amendment became the law of the land. Trivia. Q. Which Member of Congress voted against America’s entry into World War 1 and 24 years later, into World War 2? A. Jeanette Rankin. She was a pacifist from start to finish.

Women now in the Senate are: Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Jean Carnahan (D-MO), Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY), Susan Collins (R-ME), Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), Mary Landrieu (D-LA), Blanche Lincoln (D-AR), Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), Patty Murray (D-WA), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Debbie Stabenow (D-MI).

Note that both senators from Maine, California and Washington are women. Other well known women from the past who served in Congress include Margaret Chase Smith, also from Maine, Bella Abzug, well known feminist activist and Barbara Jordan, a black woman from Texas. Shirley Anita Chisholm, black Congresswoman from NY made a serious run for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1972.

I predict your opportunity to vote for a woman for president is not far away.

[edit on 2/21/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
When it comes to politics, it ain't over 'til its over. While I have made my peace with the idea that I've over-estimated Mrs. Cinton's political skill, I will admit that she's not out of the race yet.

In terms of prefernce, I would much rather see John McCain face off against Barack Obama. Old age and skill have a way of overcoming youth and optimism. I do realize that today's elections turn on a different dynamic.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join