It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Mary Jo Kopechne day...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Kennedy got us into Vietnam and the whole Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missle Crisis stupidity.

I agree with your asseessment of the Kennedy administration, but it was actually Eisnehower who first put troops in Vietnam and Johnson raised the stakes.

However, US commitment to South Vietnam was mandated by the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization, so it's not really fair to blame anyone for our involvement.

The insane prosecution of the war is best laid at the feet of Johnson and Nixon, although Nixon inhereted the mess.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Eisenhower had 1500 military adivisors in Vietnam Kennedy increased this number to 16,000, Kennedy also agreed to the use of free-fire zones, napalm, and defoliants. Agent Orange anyone? Kennedy assisted in the coup d'état of the Catholic President of South Vietnam, Ngo Dinh Diem.

I do agree that Johnson made it much worse

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Once again...

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Seems to me, and Im no lawyer, but seems to me the most you could get on Ted would be manslaugher, not murder.
There is a CHASM of difference there my foe.

Your lack of due diligence is showing. The difference between murder and manslaughter is based on intent, and malice. There is a wealth of evidence that Schwimmflugel Teddy did intend to and with malice end Mary Jo Kopechne's life... Hence murder is appropriate, and sans the Kennedy family's extraordinary ability to squelch any negative action against it, probably would have been charged.

Here's a reference to help sharpen your understanding of jurisprudence:

Manslaughter is the unlawful, unintentional, killing of another person.

Manslaughter is commonly divided into two categories:

Voluntary manslaughter - encompasses any homicide resulting from an intentional act done without malice or premeditation and while in the heat of passion or on sudden provocation.
Involuntary manslaughter - involves an element of unlawful recklessness or negligence.
Murder is the unlawful, intentional killing of another person. First-degree murder is a homicide committed with premeditation or in the course of a serious felony (e.g., kidnapping). Second- and third-degree murder involve lesser degrees of intent.

www.michigandefenselaw.com...

Thus, the only "chasm" would be regarding your understanding of the terminology and circumstances, not the actual definition of the crime.

Nothing wrong at all.
I think Teddy should have done some time myself.
My problem is when people want to make light of the victim in this entire travisty by making despicable comments like

Even more amusing... I point out the anniversary of a criminal act... A travesty if you will, an act suppressed by corruption and political influence, yet a murderer is lauded, and I am declared foul and evil... Congratulations, you have succumbed to the dark arts of those that wish to manipulate us.

Yeah, thats a real side splitter.
I see why MM is the official ATS king of 'poo' as he likes to claim.

Actually, Dr. Love is the "King of Poo," while I am the "King of Poo Flingers..." Far too subtle a distinction for you, but I'm loathe to play to the lowest common denominator.

[edit on 23/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Actually, Dr. Love is the "King of Poo,"

Does that title come with a tiara?

I'm glad I came out on top of a long and distinguished list I'm sure.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

He intended to kill her.

Wow! The things we can dig up when we're desperate! Holy cow!

unbeleivable!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Desperation?

Or inconvenient truth?

Learn why George Killen , the State Police Detective-Lieutenant who investigated the accident, said that Senator Kennedy "killed that girl the same as if he put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger."

www.ytedk.com...

I'll leave the Nancy Drew details of discovery to those so inclined...

Ted is a pathetic piece of crap... A mere shadow of his brothers... An unfortunate success that should have satiated Rose vice endowing the "Clan" with yet another favorite son.

[edit on 24/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oh so its one man's opinion a state trooper's opinion that

has you beleiving this? I thought there was a huge conspiracy here that had brought forth hundreds of witnesses saying the same thing. They all knew that Ted wanted to kill her because he tawked too much over drinks.

Mirthful, i'm not convinced. Just the same, thank you.

I just wanted to add that i do not condone his actions, however, had there been "intent" in this murder he would have been prosecuted. Obviously, "they" couldnt prove it so no case was brought against him.

Maybe Johnny Corcoran was involved?

[edit on 25-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
DG.

Back during that particular episode, what prosecutor would have dared to rock that particular boat? It would have been career suicide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join