It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Mary Jo Kopechne day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes, 38 years ago the opportunity for ruin was averted when Ted Kennedy proved he was incapable of human decency... Never mind his decision to drive drunk, or to fail to report an accident... Heck, even the good sense and fidelity to his wife to not be out philandering... Edward's shortcoming is that he wasn't half the swimmer his brother John was (read the chronicles of PT-109).

Teddy's clumsy murder of poor Mary Jo was only eclipsed by his families ability to suppress any real legal threat to his freedom (a process oft repeated since on his behalf and other Kennedy family members). Despite keeping Teddy's butt out of the pokey, and a sling (and probably his cell mate's grasp) the ill gotten Kennedy fortune could not buy it's way into another White House stay... However, the green is good enough to keep him ensconced as the Senior Senator from Massachusetts.

For those wishing a little more background:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure Teddy rues the day he lost any hope of presidential aspirations, though I doubt he can remember why he can't even think of tossing his hat in the ring.

Chivas Monkeys, not just for being the scotch of murdering scum anymore...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What a judgemental thread.

Celebrating and reminding people of an unfortunate accident. I noticed nobody else took the bite, but i will.

Shall we celebrate "immoral" day?
Shall we celebrate "Criminals day?
Shall we celebrate STUPID IDIOT day when Bush is no longer in office?

The fact remains, HE is still US Senator and YOU'RE NOT.

Respectfully yours,

Dgtempe

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
dgtempe

What is so bad about remembering the dead?

What is so bad about remembering history?

Yes, Ted (Swimmer) Kennedy is still a US Senator, but that does not exclude him from being an embarrassment.

All Kennedy had to do is get some help, he saved himself and left this girl to die. Why didn't Kennedy go get some help? Because he had to leave the scene to sober up. Everytime I look at Kennedy, I think of the young girl he murdered.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Every time I hear or think of Teddie and Chappaquiddick, it brings to mind that which a good friend sent me a few years back.

www.breitbart.com...

Oh .... how the irony and laughter warm me to the cockles of my soul.

Ted Kennedy and "water rescue" in the same sentence. (?)

The man's done some good for his constituency, mind you ... but, his haunts will always be ... just that.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How dare I...

Originally posted by dgtempe
What a judgemental thread.

Point out that Teddy is a murderer? Oh, that MADD was around back then, perhaps Teddy would have spent some time at the "Gray Bar" hotel vice returning to Martha's Vineyard. I know they serve Kool-Aid in the pokey, but I see they serve it here too.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If only...

Teddy had been driving a VW...

Love Bug Monkeys, not just for being the people's car anymore...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Have your fun if you want to take your time to "remember" terrible things, then by all means- do.

I'm taking the time out today to remember all our men who died in Iraq and Middle East over a whim from the Village Idiot. And not to mention all the children, women and oh, yes, all the insurgents- who happen to be all of them, shot, lifeless, bleeding and never to see another day.

You trying to cover up the criminal acts of the PRESENT by bringing up one of the criminal acts of the past- who btw, took the life of ONE PERSON, bad as that is, and not the life of thousands upon thousands?

Ever hear of an ACCIDENT? Its a far cry of the criminal acts perpetrated by our government today.

Mary Jo's life had purpose and that was a shame. Ted's paid by not being able to run for the presidency.
Is that not good enough for you?

I thought it would be a fun night if we stuck to talkin about Hillary's ankles.

We love Ted Kennedy in Massachusetts and i love the Kennedy family- I volunteer for their special Olympics and i've been to their tent where they hold their functions. They're very nice people. I know Joe-4-oil
and he does a lot for the people of Massachusetts. I know a not much known Anthony Kennedy (Joe's son)- They're regular people like you and me (assuming you guys are "regular"
) and they've had their share of mysery and disasters in their family. As long as i'm name dropping, i met Ben Affleck, Arnold, Maria and Eunice.
Just regular folks with money.

Too bad they're a fine bunch- you must hate that. You dont even know what they do here to make peoples lives better- you should look it up in your Funk & Wagonnals.

Dg, Dg, quite contrary. Yep, thats me.
If they were scum, i'd be the first to point it out. I lean more towards Republican than Democrat, to tell you the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The Kennedys are just as evil as the Bushes both were pro Hitler before the WW2 and both are part of the elite that prevades American Politics.

Kennedy got us into Vietnam and the whole Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missle Crisis stupidity.

The only reason Kennedy is remembered as a good president is because he got shot. Otherwise his entire term is a disaster.

Kennedy 58,000 in Nam
Bush 3,700 in Iraq

I personally am grateful we havent had to endure any more Kennedys as president and I dont want any more Bushes either.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
I personally am grateful we havent had to endure any more Kennedys as president and I dont want any more Bushes either.

Apples and oranges, in my opinion ... DSC.

Though, I would have to agree with your premise of No additional Shrubs in and or around the White House. Landscaping 101 ... Bush : Perenial

Round Up ™ works quite well, though.

p.s. Who, then ... DSC.?

[edit on 18-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

p.s. Who, then ... DSC.?

I dont really know they all seem to be crooks to me.

For now I am 3rd party for Baradnik.

Of course if we could draft Schwartzkopf I might go for that.

[edit on 7/18/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Both evil , except Bush is more evil on a grander scale. He definatly tips the scales.

Richard Nixon

Bill Clinton

Nothing but slime and scum runs for president. They're all dirty politicians.

And when Clinton was being laughed at for his hmmmm...indiscrations, how many of the top dogs in Washington were doing the same thing or worse?????

AND not all were Democrats.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What he did was indeed an accident, he didn't mean to get that poor girl killed. However, it was also a crime. Driving drunk, leaving the scene of an accident, he never paid the price for this...because of the political power and clout of the Kennedy family. I find the actions of the Kennedy family to be reprehensible.

Do I think Mr. Kennedy an evil man? No. He's a man who has and continues to make poor decisions regarding his personal life. I have little respect for him as a man, but I don't think him evil incarnate.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Not so fast...

There is some rather disturbing evidence in the bobbing for Mary Jo case... The problem is that it was never investigated. We don't know if it was intentional or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Not so fast...

bobbing for Mary Jo case...

Was that necessary, MM? Trifle on the tasteless side...

Yes, I know no investigation took place. But a deliberate murder? Orchestrated by Teddy? No, he doesn't have the sack for that. His old man might have been able to do it, but not Teddy.

Odds are good it was a horrible accident that occurred during a episode of drunken driving. But we'll probably never know.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
John Kennedy was set up by the CIA for the Cuban Missile Crisis. Vietnam already had its beginnings under Eisenhower.
JFK was about to get rid of the Federal Reserve and the CIA, which at that time had alot of Nazi's from WW 2. He would have been a great president if he had been allowed to live but PTB wouldn't allow that to happen.

Have you ever wondered why it is that the Kennedys seem to have such bad luck in staying alive? I think the PTB have been involved in a number of Kennedy deaths, they're afraid of them because they run the Federal Reserve and want to keep it that way.

The upshot is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Teddy had been framed by the PTB or if it was an accident, that at the very least, the PTB added fuel to the fire somehow.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Not so fast...

There is some rather disturbing evidence in the bobbing for Mary Jo case...
You see, this little tidbit tells me you are being malicious right here.
I expected a higher standard from you than this.
Seeing that you're a SUPER MODERATOR and all. :shk:

[edit on 19-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Eisenhower had 1500 military adivisors in Vietnam Kennedy increased this number to 16,000, Kennedy also agreed to the use of free-fire zones, napalm, and defoliants. Agent Orange anyone? Kennedy assisted in the coup d'état of the Catholic President of South Vietnam, Ngo Dinh Diem.

In the Cuban Missle Crisis all the Russians really wanted was the withdrawal of US missles from Turkey it was a situation that could have been solved without the crisis part. Eventually that was the deal reached no missle in Cuba or Turkey.

[edit on 7/19/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The outrage...

I find it tres amusing that the outrage is focused at myself, the humble person responsible for reminding everyone that we have a murderer in the Senate... Rather than focusing on the perpetrator of this heinous crime. Yes... I said crime, though not what Teddy copped to, but at the minimum vehicular homicide... Though there is evidence that there was a more sinister act undertaken by the Senior drunk... Errrr... Senator from Massachusetts.

Those that seem focused on anything and everything other than Mary Jo's tragic death, let me help you out... There's Laura Bush and her youthful fender bender, and of course no political thread would be complete without a steady bleating of "impeach Shrub, he's a murderer..." Yes let's muddy the waters as much as possible... Muddy as that fateful night in Chappaquiddick was... As muddy as it was for Mary Jo when she died because of Ted the Swimmer. It's the only way that Teddy can, and has gotten away with murder... Congratulations on your complicity... The Kennedy family thanks you all.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Mirthful,

You cant get out of it. The title you "selected" for your thread started it all.

HAPPY- Is that for happy death day?

Everyone knows that Ted was in all likelihood drunk as a skunk, but no one dares suggest what you do. That he killed her on PURPOSE and that "Look!!! We have a murderer on the Senate!!!!!

We have many people without morals in the Senate of the United States of America and throughout government. Criminals, pedophiles, and who knows what else.

I doubt very much that TED killed on purpose, and its no more than an accident. Can you try to live with that?
Why now? Why Ted? What is the motive of your thread?

Maybe if you changed the title of the thread things would have been a little different

Anyhow,

Bobbing for Mary Jo

20 lashes with a wet noodle for you.

Respectfully yours,
~dg~

I forgive ya, Mirthful.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Edward's shortcoming is that he wasn't half the swimmer his brother John was

Becomes.....

Teddy's clumsy murder

Seems to me, and Im no lawyer, but seems to me the most you could get on Ted would be manslaugher, not murder.
There is a CHASM of difference there my foe.

Originally posted by RRconservative

What is so bad about remembering the dead?

What is so bad about remembering history?

Nothing wrong at all.
I think Teddy should have done some time myself.
My problem is when people want to make light of the victim in this entire travisty by making despicable comments like

Not so fast...

There is some rather disturbing evidence in the bobbing for Mary Jo case....

Yeah, thats a real side splitter.
I see why MM is the official ATS king of 'poo' as he likes to claim.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join