It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Vick's Dog Fighting Indictment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yesterday, on ESPN radio, I heard Joe Horn, a receiver and one of teammates, voice his support for Vick. He stated of course, that he doesn't support dog fighting, but also said this....

I'm not saying that dog fighting is good. I feel like all animals should be created equal. I'm not trying to make an excuse for dogfighting but it's OK for lawyers, doctors, average person to get a gun to slaughter a bear, kill a dear, go hunting. It's legal. I think that's wrong. They say you should be thrown in jail for dogfighting. I think you should be thrown in jail if you fight chickens. You should get thrown in jail and take out your 30-odd-six and shoot Bambi in the head.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.ajc.com...

The link provides the rest of Joe Horn's radio interview. I don't buy the hunting comparison myself. A lame attempt at saying Vick's being vilified for something that's not much different than other things that take place every day.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There is a trial as part of the process, of course.
Although, through anecdotal evidence, and the fact that hard evidence was found on his property doesn't bode well for him.

One of the ways I judge a person, is they way they interact with animals.
How they treat their animals says volumes about character.

About the dog breed involved.
They are inherently evil.

I mean, look at these two:

I never met these two before, until one night after work. They "attacked" me as I got out of my car. One of them distracted me by nuzzling and licking my hands. While the smaller one climbed into the passenger seat. When I started laughing, the big one hopped in too. They forced me to take them to 7-11 for beef jerky, and a slurpee. Devil Dogs I tell ya.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
These dogfights are common all over. Ever watch Animal Planet? Those shows that feature ASPCA workers routinely show them rescuing pits from NYC, Miami, Detroit and elsewhere. It's not limited to any particular social class; rich and poor participate. Cockfights are also common.

People have been watching these "sports" ever since the lions ate the Christians in the Roman Coliseum.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I could probably have forgiven Vick for participating in a dogfight spectacle if he had only done it once because he was a bored rich kid with too much time on his hands, but it appears he owned the land where the fights took place and was largely instrumental in everything to do with the local dog fights. Shame on him, he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Astronomer70]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Vick Ordered to Stay Away From Training Camp

In a letter written by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, the quarterback was told, "While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the personal conduct policy."

I think this is good. The law will determine his guilt or innocence, but his conduct is not acceptable.

Good move, Commish.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Gotta love this...

Originally posted by Musky
Is it a racial thing?

Yezzir....gotta love it. Especially seeing as how these dogs were originally bred by white people.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Gotta love this...

Originally posted by Musky
Is it a racial thing?

Yezzir....gotta love it. Especially seeing as how these dogs were originally bred by white people.

I guess that answers your question then, Musky. Michael Vick hates white people so much that he murders the dogs that they breed.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I guess that answers your question then, Musky. Michael Vick hates white people so much that he murders the dogs that they breed.

I wasn't too sure how to respond to that one, so I left it alone. It seemed to take this three page thread a little out of context.

Sounds like Michael Vick, whether he's white, black, or purple, is going to plea bargain, if he hasn't already. I heard on two separate radio programs today, that stories of him personally killing losing dogs were so graphic they could not be described on the radio.

He's going to do some time. How much is yet to be determined. He has become a nonperson as far as the NFL is concerned. His jerseys and other memorabilia are no longer offered on the NFL and Atlanta Falcons sites, and Nike no longer offers his footwear.

These sanctions are warranted. It would make more sense to me, however, if the NFL and corporate sponsors took the same hard line when it came to athletes that beat or raped women.

I think what Vick did is despicable, and indicates a real personality deficiency. The earning power made available to him by his skills and employment in the NFL should be taken away. It should also be taken from others. Don't be surprised, however, when he's playing again for someone in two or three years.

I love football. When he's back playing I will love it a little less, just like I've loved it a little less when numerous others have come back after other despicable acts. Dogfighting, while more prevalent than the general public can comprehend, is just so weird when brought to light, that it generates a horrible outrage.

If you read how I started this thread, I found it so weird that I wondered if anyone could explain how a person could be involved with such an enterprise. Hence my questions. Since then, I have heard there is a sub-culture in this country that numbers from 40,000 to 60,000 people that fight dogs.

Since I'm listening to a Greg Brown CD as I write this, all I can say is, "Who woulda thunk it."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join