It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steam or transformer explosion in NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Steam explosion causes scare in NYC

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK - Fire and emergency crews responded to the scene of a suspected steam explosion near Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan on Wednesday during the evening rush hour, officials said.

The New York Police Department said a steam pipe exploded, and had no immediate detail on possible injuries. The NYPD said it does not appear to be terrorism-related.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/18/2007 by shots]

[edit on 7/18/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just breaking very few details and tons of speculatin will update as soone as more detailas are available.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
One hospital is reprting at least three injuries and there is allegedly a 40 foot hole from the explosion.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have been looking on the net for details about this, there really is a lack of information, exepct for the fact that this is not terrorism.

We aren't sure of the type of explosition, but we are sure that it wasnt terrorism.

A fourty foot hole is huge, there are reports that buildings shook, but again, this can't be terrorism...

Will we ever know the whole story behing this, not a chance, is it torrism, mabye...

Remember VT, the guy had Abraham Axe on his arm, an Islamic Refrence, but no, not a chance that this could be terror, Al_quadia cant be speading thier power into the US, no, turn the other way and watch TV, thats the new AMERICAN way.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
I have been looking on the net for details about this, there really is a lack of information, exepct for the fact that this is not terrorism.

We aren't sure of the type of explosition, but we are sure that it wasnt terrorism.

A fourty foot hole is huge, there are reports that buildings shook, but again, this can't be terrorism...

Will we ever know the whole story behing this, not a chance, is it torrism, mabye...

Remember VT, the guy had Abraham Axe on his arm, an Islamic Refrence, but no, not a chance that this could be terror, Al_quadia cant be speading thier power into the US, no, turn the other way and watch TV, thats the new AMERICAN way.

I agree here, the FBI and DHS are so quick to announce that things are not terrorism related that I highly doubt enough time has passed for the agents from the NYC FBI field office have even begun to investigate in depth. This occurred at 5:56pm EST and by 6:30 "it was not terrorism". I mean we dont even know how many people have been hurt or killed yet they somehow know that "its not terrorism".

Im not saying every explosion is terrorism but I think they are outright denying when it does occur because it would cause a firestorm of criticism and anger agianst the Bush administration and DHS for not protecting us. Im betting there have been several attacks since 9/11 that were covered up for this reason.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was just there when it happened. Just a steam pipe for sure. Cop told me that it is caused by a condition in the pipe called a water hammer. Condensation builds up and causes the pipe to burst.

It was nuts though.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
I was just there when it happened. Just a steam pipe for sure. Cop told me that it is caused by a condition in the pipe called a water hammer. Condensation builds up and causes the pipe to burst.

It was nuts though.

Has these type of event ever happen before????

Why would condensation cause a, metal pipe to explode????

so we are suposed to belive that this happen because of high tempatures caused execess condisention in the pipes that causes the pipe to explode???

What about a 40 foot hole in the ground, did you see any damage?,

Its my opinion that if this is an accident, then these types of accidents presumably would happen all the time.

Also, extra presure in the pipes, i think would cause the pipes to crack, or be severed, thus allowing the presure to let out. But and explosition, mabye they are using the wroung words in describing this.

Also, how does a busted pipe cause building to shake???

It would be a mistake to label any accident terrorism, but i don't think it should be ruled out just so people don't panic, it is this type of reasoning that is turning that American People against its own goverment.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
water hammer

en.wikipedia.org...

info on this water hammer, i got to go to work now, but the page gives formulas, so we should be able to get some work done on this.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Channel 7 News is showing photos of a charred truck in the middle of the 40 foot hole. If I was a betting man I would say it was a car bombing gone off prematurely.

Also, whats up with all the NYPD and FDNY running around without gas masks even though they were all issued them after 9/11/01?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
First, there is those steam explosions and the ground shaking.

Then, this happens!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yeah. The ground was shaking really hard from 4 blocks north whick alerts me to the fact that it was probably a steam explosion. The force coming out of the bround 15 minutes after it happend was wild. It was pretty intense.

I saw lots of black smoke. I was headed into the train at 42nd and 5th and I saw people running away. Everyone one was on their phones. I saw big plumes of black smoke and thought the worst.

I headed north 3 blocks and then east. I looked down town at Lexington Ave and saw the hole. Lots of debris. It was thick black smoke. Pretty crazy. I kept walking. And walked up to 59th and 3rd to grab the N train into queens. I was surprised tat I could get on a train.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A big truck is in and facing one side of a hole of water now.

Almost as if it was the final straw.

At first I thought it was a well digger truck and Al-Qeada must have done it.

Hope he survived but does not look good.

Also I heard no word on his condition.

If he survived he could always say it was like that when I got here.

The steam geysered up and became water running in the street.

It might have been a car tow and he went to check on a car and then
wooha it happened.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

My phone camera pic. Thought I would share. Its not very good, but then it is a camera phone...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Also, whats up with all the NYPD and FDNY running around without gas masks even though they were all issued them after 9/11/01?

With the gas masks on, how can they put the finishing touches on the bombs in the buildings?

First the government/army tries to set up another bomb planting 9-11 event under a building, then nature TAKES OVER!
During all this, they still managed to make the 9-11 government bombs blow up the large building. I guess the government has an addiction to staging terrorist attacks/blowing up buildings.

www.youtube.com...

Remember:
Silly government rabbit, 9-11 building demolition tricks are for kids.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by realanswers]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I got some more info during work

It apears something similar happen before 15-20 years ago, i got conflicting reports.

1000's of people cannnot return to thier apartments

I guess the pipe was almost 100 years old, and guess what, was coated with Apestis for inslation.

The only thing i don't like is the black smoke, the steam smoke should be white, water vapor creates a pale white smoke, not black smoke, i think that if there is black smoke, it would be from the Aspesitis burning off, so the air is posined, and now we must worry about what will happen to all the people that have been exposed to this Aspestis.

There are also reports of fire being seen, i don't know where the fire would have came from.

I am leaning towards this just being a freak accident, rather then a sabatage/terror attack, although its too soon for me to rule it out compltly. I think it is just a accident due to old infristructure.

So... do we have more of these time bombs laying around....?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here is a security camera video footage of this event:

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join