It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie security contractor left for dead by US troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I was under the impression that all Australian forces and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan were allies of the US.

Methinks I am sadly mistaken when I hear about this...

July 19, 2007 12:58am
AN Australian private security operator was left for dead by American forces after he was seriously wounded during an ambush in southern Iraq.

The US refused to provide a helicopter to evacuate the wounded man after being told he was Australian, News Limited reports.

The Queensland man, who suffered severe leg and abdominal injuries, was delivered to Basra air base by a British road convoy more than seven hours after the attack.

www.news.com.au...

res

Mod Edit: No Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
the people who did this make me sick. it actually makes me ashamed of my own country, and countrymen.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's not anything about the nationality of those involved. That part is just a small piece of the real story of how low we've sunk as human beings.

You don't leave a wounded animal to suffer, much less another human being. Maybe it's time for some other species to climb on top.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
risk 10 for 1? I was watching a show about black water and they were pinned down and the military wouldnt help them, and guess what they were american.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
of course it isn't a U.S. news source.

Two sides to every story.

Must have all the facts.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
risk 10 for 1? I was watching a show about black water and they were pinned down and the military wouldnt help them, and guess what they were american.

Yeah, but the equation looks different when you're the one.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Apologies for not editing the original post in this thread.

I was unsure how to do it.

Thanks Mirthful for your assistance

[edit on 18-7-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
of course it isn't a U.S. news source.

Two sides to every story.

Must have all the facts.

Oh thats right. Only U.S. news sources tell the truth and have all the facts. This is an Australian news source. Not some Rwandan Village Newsletter.

Nothing to see here people... Move along

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Not a whole lot of detail in the story so I will reserve judgement.

Not saying it isnt true but not really a whole lot to go on there.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka47
the people who did this make me sick. it actually makes me ashamed of my own country, and countrymen.

On the surface it seems that the same mentality was being used as when those hospital stepped over that woman who died on the ER floor.

So many are desenseitized to the point of being numb.

I still wonder though, why is the life of an ally worth more than that of the *enemy*?

I believe humans are born with inherent value and we should always help a dying person unless they are endangering us.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have no sympathy or remorse for anyone greedy enough to profit from this haneous massacre of innocent lives.

I do not care that he is from my home nation, if you go over to Iraq to make big bucks, you deserve to die a horrible lonley death, just like what we are enforcing on the Iraqi's.

If you follow the corporate governments in raping and devestating the land of innocent people, you deserve to die a horrible and lonley death.

I feel sorry for the American soliders more than the man who was left behind. They signed up to defend their nation, not assist in an act no less dispicable than the third reich's acts.
I feel sorry for the man who has to go back and rescue this man, while bullets fly, and blood spurts he must ask himself, what am I doing here?
Why am I killing, and losing my soul so some fat, lazy corporate elite in his a/c office thousands of miles away can make extra $$$?

Imagine being told your going 'back' to try and save a dead man when you dont believe in anything your being told... poor lads.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have read reports of contractors shooting civilians. While the military looked on helplessly. I think in some if not many cases the lawlessness of the contractors and lack of rules of engagement frustrates our units, if not overtly making their jobs more dangerous. Perhaps the unit described above had enough. . . ?

[edit on 18-7-2007 by clay2 baraka]

join