It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are running out of Grand Central Station right now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Accidents happen all of the time.

And when the happen - they have nothing to do with terrorists.

It is more likely to get struck by lightning then killed by terrorists.

Everything's Terror In The United States Of Hysteria

As soon as news filtered out of a steam pipe blast in Manhattan yesterday evening, everyone's first thought was terrorism, proving once again that in the six terror free years since 9/11, the Bush administration has created a United States of hysteria - and handed the terrorists a victory they could never have achieved alone - changing our very way of life.

Those responsible for inoculating America with this collective paranoia is of course the U.S. government, who have done their utmost to beef up "Al-Qaeda" to a level of influence they could have never achieved without the added relentless PR drive of the Neo-Cons and the sycophantic sensationalist media.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here is another link to the video of the pipe steaming out, if it hasnt been posted yet
break.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Lets see...someone posts some breaking news and all of a sudden they're chastised for one thing or another?

For Pete's sakes, just read the info, keep your eyes open and stop with the baby stuff. Its really not becoming to any of you.

AMEN....

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
well i never got any answers from my post, does that mean this is normal then?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deaman88
On a conspiracy note, isn't it said that there are sometimes underground wars withaliens, that result in tremors?

Really. Alien Wars? I have heard of Mole people that leave in abandoned subway tunnels but not aliens.

Originally posted by deaman88
On the point about the steam, how is it that a transformer is placed so close to a steam pipe? or, how comes the pipe was so feeble that it blew up?

The steam explosion was caused by a condition called a 'water hammer' and had nothing to do with transformers (I think). The condition is caused when cold water and really hot water meets in the pipe and causes extaordinary amouts of pressure. I have heard the pipe is roughly 20 inches in diameter. Reports of the transformers I believe were said to be caused by the pipe blowing up. The pipe was installed in 1927.

Furtehrmore, I read that there were three transformer explosions, so what could take out that many transformers? Also, it is now summer, which is the time that those in NYC that can, run for the hills until summer is over, due to the stench in some streets caused by the heat.

At any given point there are still roughly 9-10 Million people in the city at any given time. Midtown (where the pipe burst occurred) is also a major business district so there are still TONS of residents AND tourists around at all times. Only the WEALTHY can go away for the summer.

This implies LESS people in the City, so how come transformers exploded? And air-conditioners? I mean come on buddy, your telling me that air conditioning could cause a transformer overload during an off-peak time in NYC?

I live in Queens and we suffered a 2 week power outage last summer that was cause by A LOT less then what the Killowat usage is in midtown. The system is all old and outdated. It's an old city. Go figure.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here on Long Island almost all infrastructure dates back to the 1940s, 50s and 60s and in some of the more rural parts of eastern Suffolk County even the 1930s and earlier.

God help us if we should ever have a major disaster. Not even God himself will be enough to save us.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
wcbstv.com...

Here is something new on the event, and the cause, human error.... hmmm.... did we rule out terrorism too soon....

I hope that this doesn't happen more, as it should happen more if all the infrastucture is that old.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
IT could possibly be a botched terror attempt. Who knows, maybe terrorists thought that by breaking one line the whole city would blow up. Who knows what the hell is going through their minds. Thank God, they are too stupid to do something big like 9/11.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
IT could possibly be a botched terror attempt. Who knows, maybe terrorists thought that by breaking one line the whole city would blow up. Who knows what the hell is going through their minds. Thank God, they are too stupid to do something big like 9/11.

They do seem to think that small efforts (i.e explosions) will bring down a whole country huh. Well that's just the impression I get anyway.
And yeah I think if they were smart enough to do something like 9/11, we would have been in for a much rougher time than we have had so far.
It woudln't be that hard to really..
Australia has a pretty decent muslim population, and the security here is crap. Anyone could do anything here if they wanted to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join