It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Bush Decides He Is Not Ready To Leave Office In 2009?(My Crazy Conspiracy Theory)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Even if this were to happen which is totally unlikely; I believe there would be a mass revolt and violence toward the government the likes that have not been seen before. It would make the civil war look like kid and play. People here are already pretty ticked off at the government as it is. Between this monkey we have in office as President to the idiot and just plain criminal senate and house.

Which is exactly why, in my scenario, Bush declares marshall law and as Commander-in-Chief orders the military, (Army & National Guard), to keep order by any means necessary which, if your prediction of mass revolt and violence were actually present, deadly force. Now a lot of Army and National Guardsmen, may disagree with their orders and either flee the scene altogether or join the opposition and turn on their former freinds and
comrades.

Loyalties would be split in every quarter of our country; Congress, the miltary, fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, brothers and sisters. Sounds a little like the Civil War, doesn't it? That is in essence what we would have, IMO, a civil war between those who support Bush and the right-wing, neo-con position and those who feel betrayed and crapped on for having their civil liberties and lives shattered.

I can see it happening. The pendulem is already swinging in that direction, it wouldn't take much to bring about a full blown takeover by Bush and those who either pull his strings or whose strings he pulls; different people have different ideas about who is really in control. Also, bear in mind that Bush can get away with a lot of this becuase when he pulls the switch, he is still the sitting president, still several weeks or maybe even months from the takeover by a successor.

A Presidential Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed. Here are just a few Executive Orders that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
THE EXECUTIVE ORDER

As you can see, I have way too much time on my hands, these days!

[edit on 7/19/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This isn't what I wanted to see when I first woke up. The last thing I did last night was have an argument with my significant other about this exact same situation! Now I'm just kinda creeped out. She told me this "couldn't happen", so I asked her "who would stop him? It's not like anyone is able to stop him right now, you know?" Her response was "The constitution doesn't allow it." So I quoted the prez and told her "remember, the constitution is "just a damn piece of paper". Then I rolled over and went to sleep.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyanther
This isn't what I wanted to see when I first woke up. The last thing I did last night was have an argument with my significant other about this exact same situation! Now I'm just kinda creeped out. She told me this "couldn't happen", so I asked her "who would stop him? It's not like anyone is able to stop him right now, you know?" Her response was "The constitution doesn't allow it." So I quoted the prez and told her "remember, the constitution is "just a damn piece of paper". Then I rolled over and went to sleep.

Thanks for your post, Kyanther and sorry to be the cause of an argument between you and your SO. I have a funny feeling though that this same discussion is occurring all over the country and people are starting to, if not worry, at least wonder what's around the corner for our country and the meglomaniacs that use words like "homeland security" to explain why they are systematically stripping away our civil liberties, one at a time.

When you are talking about a President who feels he is above the Constitution and is not obligated to follow what our forefathers intended and in fact mandated, then your talking about unknown territory, uncharted waters; remember the legend that used to be printed on all of the old maps in the middle ages to describe what lied beyound the known borders of the world? " Here Be Dragons "

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Who would stop him? Gee...let me think. A nation full of people, at least half of whom don't particularly like him. A military full of people, half any way, who don't particularly like him. Congress? There...that's who.

Maybe I have a bit more faith in the American people than some of you, but that's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well the way I see it…

If ET’s attack Earth in 2008, it wouldn’t surprise me if GWB invokes a little know provision in the Federal Emergency Management Act to suspend Congress, so there can be continuity of “leadership” through out the entirety of the “crises.”

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My Theory is that as the election approaches (say October 2008) The Democratic and Republican Nominees will be killed in a "terror attack" and the congress will be attacked with most congressmen and senators killed.

This is leave there no other choice then for Bush to continue his term until the crisis was over and new primaries and elections could be held.

Maybe the power grid would be shut off causing massive famine and panic, and an economic crash... which would in turn force many people to join the military for food.

Would you go to a Fema camp or stand in a bread line or join the military and get paid???

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Who would stop him? Gee...let me think. A nation full of people, at least half of whom don't particularly like him. A military full of people, half any way, who don't particularly like him. Congress? There...that's who.

Maybe I have a bit more faith in the American people than some of you, but that's how I see it.

Seagull has it spot on. The scenario posited by the OP could only succeed with the support of a significant majority of the general population (>60% IMO). The armed forces of this country are populated and commanded by professional men and women who are not beholden to the Bush family or likely to be intimidated by any hypothetical Bush family SS squad. If GW tried to do what has been suggested, and it was not popular with the masses, the congress, senate, and most importantly the professional men and women of the military, it would have no chance of standing.

The only qulaifier I'll add, is that if a scenario devolpes which makes the power grab seem like the right thing to do, then we'd need to hold our collective breath, cross our fingers and hope it all turns out OK.

Like Seagull, I too have faith in the ability of the American people to smell a rat, and if thats what we smell, the rat will be dispatched expiditiously.

So far I see no rat, just a basically good man that may be in over his head.

[edit on 7/19/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My, but how times do change. I took a lot of heat for proposing this kind of thing in my published work, and here we are now...talking about it calmly and with good humor. Jus goes to prove that I as ahead of my time. In the mean time, I'd like to ask Lightseeker for a follow up podcast on this topic. Elaborate for us...just a little.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome

If ET’s attack Earth in 2008, it wouldn’t surprise me if GWB invokes a little know provision in the Federal Emergency Management Act to suspend Congress, so there can be continuity of “leadership” through out the entirety of the “crises.”

If ETs attacked the earth, it would be well deserved.

Anyway, back to more earthly subjects, I think something pretty drastic would have to occur in order for any of this to actually take place. I mean, it would have to be under a scenario where it wouldn't even be safe to conduct an election. I don't see that happening.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
If the Supreme Court upheld an Executive Order, Congress would have to amend the Constitution to overturn it, a long and drawn out process. By the time they even began getting the paperwork in order, another Executive Order could dissolve Congress.

Well, unfortunately once an executive order is recorded in the federal registry it becomes the law of the land; it totally bypasses Congess. If the Supremes do not find the new "law" unconstitutional, then Congress would have to bring a new bill to the floor to create an Amendment to the Constitution, which requires a 2/3 majority vote in both the House and Senate. They could just pass a new law that supercedes the executive order law and makes it invalid; however, if Bush vetos the law then Congress is back to a 2/3 majority to override the veto. So, Bush has all the cards stacked in his favor.

Add to this the fact that the majority of executive orders already on the books for the last 30 years, the ones I copied into a previous post,( and the ones which if enacted would be especially onerus), were all signed by JFK, who is a national icon. It might be difficult to get enough votes to enact a new law that makes him look bad.

Further, keep in mind that all of those executive orders signed by Kennedy are already on the books; they are already law, in the sense that all Bush has to do is write a letter to Congress stating that he was declaring Executive Order ____ (fill in the blank), in effect due to a threat to the security of The United States and was directing _______ and/or _______ to take immediate action to see that the order was enforced.

He has done this in the past with other executive orders and he can do so again.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
There is precedent for this

Franklin D. Roosevelt

He actually served four terms.

THAT wont cut it now. This is 2007, people are a tad more intelligent and they are well aware of what a dictatorship IS. Having said that and in answer to the thread, i beleive he will do whatever it takes to stay, along with his bulldog Cheney.
It will take an invasion to get him the heck out of Dodge or in his case Washington and the White HOuse.

Its hard to beat dictators, but it can be done.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
There is precedent for this
Franklin D. Roosevelt
He actually served four terms.

THAT wont cut it now. This is 2007, people are a tad more intelligent and they are well aware of what a dictatorship IS.

The reason FDR served four terms as president is not because he was a dictator, he was elected to four consecutive terms by a valid vote by the people; after all, FDR is the man that brought them through the Great Depression and put America back to work and stabilized the economy. The reason he was able to serve four terms was because there was no law at that time that said he couldn't. The twenty-second amendment to the Constitution did not become official until 1951, six years after FDR's death.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I did not mean to imply that FDR was a Dictator. I'm simply saying that THAT wont cut it now.
Not in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
BTW

That executive order posted above is exactly like COMMUNISM.

Go figure.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

Pick Cotton? Cut Sugarcane???

[edit on 19-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
BTW

That executive order posted above is exactly like COMMUNISM.

Go figure.

Pick Cotton? Cut Sugarcane???

[edit on 19-7-2007 by dgtempe]

Well, JFK wrote those in 1962 at the height of the Cuban Missle Crisis and I think all of those Executive Orders were written with an eye to rebuilding the country after a nuclear attack; but that doesn't mean that GWB couldn't put them into effect for some other supposed threat to national security.

I'll tell ya, the EO that really worries me is this one:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051- specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
THE EXECUTIVE ORDER

The wording is so vague and ambiguous, "...in times of increased international tensions..." Are we there yet?, he asked.

The big surprize for me is that he hasn't pulled that one out of his hat yet, using "terrorism" and "homeland security" as the "crisis". Bet he will eventually; maybe before January 2009.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Lightseeker:

You may want to have a look at THIS.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Lightseeker:

You may want to have a look at THIS.

Hey, thanks Justin for spreading the word. What's your comission schedule like? I might be able to use you in my organization.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What? Who? Me? No job is too big, no fee is too big. That's my company's motto.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
What? Who? Me? No job is too big, no fee is too big. That's my company's motto.

ahhh, classic Ghostbusters,,i like.

anyways, thought I would drop my two pennies. I think many valid points have been made. Those executive orders scare the doo doo outta me too. I think it's inevitable that the power will stay where it currently is, regarding who's in office. The Constitution has been GWB's toilet paper since day one. Okay, regardless of who believes what, and what is the truth,,,let's look at facts to see where we are and how much substantial evidence there is to support this thread:

2000 Election

9-11 and the Homeland Security Joke

2004 Election

Invadin Iraq

Catchin Sadaam but not the supposed 9-11 mastermind Osama

Goin against the U.N., Congress, the American people,,,etc

Laws do not hold this administraition back from doin whatever they want. Bottom line. To think that they can't find a way to stay in power is ignorant to say the least, but it may not happen.

Why couldn't he just eat some more pretzels?!?!

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well now, we'll just have to wait and se what Lightseeker has to say to all of thos really good questions.

I can't stress this enogh, it's impoortant that more of us talk about these things. If you'll notice LS and I each have a different twist on this in our podcasts. I'm hoping to see more people do more essays and podcasts with more twists. Your point of view matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join